What's new

HG - Big girls

G

I wanted to sing the praises of these Himalayan Gold female plants from Ghs. I havent grown them before but im impressed to this point. 100% germ and so far, they have shown exceptional vigor and health as they have held their own with the indigenous weeds. This is a must for those considering a plant a no return effort and really, a must for outdoor gorilla. They've shown, good bug resistance and have withstood a couple of serious 50-60 mph thunderstorm winds and still stand up good which is another must quality for any outdoor strain.

JUST OVER 7' ON JUNE 19. I only grow 1 plant per location with plants like this because of their size. I won't top her because it would be too wide and too visible from above. If current growth rates hold, and Ive just started a heavy feeding regimen so they should, this plant and her sisters should finish out at 12' or more and yield a couple of pounds per plant. So far im impressed. Ill keep you posted.

T

thechurchman

Looking good, always been curious about Himalayan Gold, yield is supposed to be phenomenal :jump:

little j

thats great sb. keep feeding and i will keep watching. i really want to see the end weight on that one. nice branching too. little j

bigbag

Veteran
lookin good.i used to wonder about this strains potential.i e-mailed shantibaba,and we discussed this strain.he told me its a great hardy plant but the buds are very old school in nature.they are said to have a "carrot"smell/taste,which isnt my fave.that turned me off.cant wait to see how yours turn out,have fun

G

Hey everyone. Thanks for the interest.

Supersonic turned me onto this strain with his grow,( thanks SS) and I trust his assessment of potency in which he concluded it was acceptable. After that, I watched the video at GHS and their claims of potential yield seem to be accurate.

I started the plants on 4/1 and set them out the 25th of April when they were 6" tall. On the first of june, i started feeding them 1 heaping teaspoon of 46-0-0 mixed with 1 heaping teaspoon of Miricale Grow each week and that will continue until the first week of july. After that I will switch to fish emulsion applied at 4X the recommended dosage for 2 more weeks until the last week of July. I try to spur as much growth as possible early with chems but avoid them after early july as the pot will end up tasting metally and chemically. I use a natural bloom fert tea for flowering because of the taste consideration.

Im hoping to have some effect on that "carrot" taste and smell that big bag has pointed out. I have found over the years that iron , copper and plant sugar added to my bloom tea can dramatically effect the taste of any strain. I use it on my sensi star and its actually tasty in the end. Im hoping it will work as well with this strain as well.

She's going to be one big indica girl i hope. She's got some good lookin sisters too!

Last edited: