Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > LST pictures....

Thread Title Search
LST pictures.... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2008, 12:09 AM #1
Hawk

Hawk will become famous soon enoughHawk will become famous soon enough
LST pictures....

Just wanted to share some pictures of my plants. Mostly, I'm showing my LST efforts.

First grow. Bagseed. Vegged for about 40 days under 250w MH. Started LST'ing somewhere early in the third week of veg. Currently at day 7 of 12/12 under 250w HPS. They're in 3 gallon pots. Females = 3 for 3.

Any and all comments/suggestions are welcomed.

I found the best way for me to capture what the stalks are doing is to silhouette them with a backlight.

Here's a shot from earlier--day 28 of veg.

On one of them I accidentally snapped the stalk NEARLY IN TWO PIECES. I splinted it for about a week and it recovered fully. This pic is right after I removed the splint.

I was surprised it recovered so well. It's the one on the far left in the first picture. You can kinda see how it's not as even as the others (and it's a bit taller) since I suspended LST activity while it healed. I also left that one out of the solo shots.

I realize no one can really say for sure. But I can't help but wonder what kind of yield I might expect. If anyone has had plants that looked similar at their age I'd be curious as to your guess. I went into this thinking that if I could get 1 oz of dried bud I'd be happy. Now I'm hoping for a bit more but I don't know what's realistic.

Here's an animated .gif that kinda shows their progression (edit: thru 8-08-08, day 62 flower) .

thanks for looking

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Hawk; 08-10-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Hawk is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 AM #2
MPL

MPL will become famous soon enoughMPL will become famous soon enoughMPL will become famous soon enough
Very nice work mate. That is similar to how I LST'd my last grow except yours came out about 50x better than mine did. Those plants are looking really good too.

You get those 3 gallon pots from Home Depot? I got a bunch of the exact same ones myself.
MPL is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 AM #3
MPL

MPL will become famous soon enoughMPL will become famous soon enoughMPL will become famous soon enough
Oh, forgot:

I had plants much smaller and less healthy than yours and I got about 90 grams dry.

You might actually want to consider thinning them just a little, so that light gets to more of the nodes.
MPL is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 AM #4
Hawk

Hawk will become famous soon enoughHawk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPL
...You get those 3 gallon pots from Home Depot?...
You betcha I did. I wanted square 3 galloners but think I'll need to order them. Makes no difference for these plants since they're overhanging the pots but in the future I think squares might fit better my space better [shrug].

I have been thinning little by little but maybe I should be more aggressive. I'm just afraid of taking out too much. But if it looks like I've got more than enough foliage I'd like to get some out of there.

And thanks for the kind words!

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

--Mark Twain
Hawk is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 01:25 AM #5
MPL

Those pots at Home Depot are really solid, especially for the price. I like and use them for a lot of my house plants as well as my cannabis. However, if you're going to stay with soil or container grows I'd get some Smart Pots. Since I'll be keeping my moms in containers I'm going to order a few when I get some extra money. I'd do it now but I just dropped $100 on a new pH meter. I'm also going to order a bunch for my houseplants as well.

I would remove anything that looks like it won't get much light. Look at it from the top view and chop any branch or node that isn't directly lit. You can chop a lot without seriously stressing the plant. You're only at 7 days in 12/12 so I'd go ahead and do it now before the plant is completely settled into the flowering phase (if it isn't already). Some people chop the fan leaves too but based on my research I wouldn't do that until the last couple of weeks of flowering, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
You betcha I did. I wanted square 3 galloners but think I'll need to order them. Makes no difference for these plants since they're overhanging the pots but in the future I think squares might fit better my space better [shrug].

I have been thinning little by little but maybe I should be more aggressive. I'm just afraid of taking out too much. But if it looks like I've got more than enough foliage I'd like to get some out of there.

And thanks for the kind words!
MPL is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 04:49 AM #6
DigiWeed

DigiWeed is on a distinguished road
I like the use of those folder clips for LST.
Our office supply cupboard is now one box lighter!
DigiWeed is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 11:42 AM #7
bluebottle

bluebottle will become famous soon enough
Thanks for posting your pics because LST is what I'm doing for my next grow. Do you have any suggestions for a LST nooby? Great pics btw, I like that you put the light behind the plant so you can see the stems. Good luck. Those girls are looking mighty healthy.
bluebottle is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 05:20 PM #8
Bush Grower

Bush Grower will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiWeed
That's a great idea.. I usually use twist ties, and thin aluminum wire, but I think the addition of folder clips would make it easier to move them after they've grown enough to tie them down further. Thanks for the idea. Karma+
Bush Grower is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 PM #9
MynameStitch
Dr. Doolittle

MynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of lightMynameStitch is a glorious beacon of light
damn, some very healthy greenage man! Top notice LST job ya did!

Glad to see they are very healthy and green

Great job ya did on them m8! How old are they now?

Quote:
HeadyPete: Any "hydro guy" that advises you to spray anything, let alone a foul smelling, sticky oil on your buds should be bitchslapped right out of business.
MynameStitch is offline Quote

Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM #10
spyvsspy
Baby's a Freakshow

spyvsspy will become famous soon enoughspyvsspy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiWeed
I'll second that, good call using those folder clips. I've used everything from rubber bands to weights to duct tape, but those folder clips look a WHOLE lot easier. For some reason I've never thought of that. Healthy looking ladies you got there
spyvsspy is offline Quote