What's new

Light-proofing translucent containers, GHETTO 40 OZ STYLE!

steve green

i saw your ether thread clowntown- i like.
but i have to admit, i kinda wanted to see a pic of a Colt 45 or st.Ides 40oz filled with soil... either way the brown paper bag adds a great alcholic touch-and helps the roots. cheers

green_grow

Veteran
so simple, i can't believe i didnt think of it !

by the way, in my current grow ( both in the flower and the veg. cabs) i am using translucent 1 gallon (imperial) milk jugs. the plants are not showing ANY signs of not liking the small amount of light that is passing through.

clowntown

Veteran
steve green said:
i saw your ether thread clowntown- i like.
but i have to admit, i kinda wanted to see a pic of a Colt 45 or st.Ides 40oz filled with soil... either way the brown paper bag adds a great alcholic touch-and helps the roots. cheers
You're really tempting me... :dance: But then again, if I had a Colt 45 or St Ides can I wouldn't need additional light-proofing. :D

green_grow, http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=83163 :2cents:

Last edited:

steve green

clowntown said:
You're really tempting me... :dance: But then again, if I had a Colt 45 or St Ides can I wouldn't need additional light-proofing. :D

[/url] :2cents:
IM talking those see through bottles not cans.. go chug one and comeback and post some pics... lol :muahaha:
i have a strange feeling your gonna do it,,,maybe i might beat u to it.
peace bro :rasta:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
DO IT!!! I stopped drinking almost 5 yrs ago, but if I still drank, you bet your ass I'd be working with some OE bottles. C'mon bro.....2 holes in the bottom....funnel....coco...seed/clone.....

Think you'd get arrested drinking outta THAT bag on the street????

clowntown

Veteran
Someone say OE? :muahaha:

Here's the thing, though... the challenge isn't obtaining the goods... it's getting the clone to fit through that little opening! Too bad they don't make wide-mouth 40oz's for serious chuggin! :headbange

clowntown

Veteran
40oz down; what's my next move?

40oz down; what's my next move?

All 40 oz down :friends:

Now what? How to get the roots in there, without aero-cloning or similar... I have a few simple solutions in mind such as a funnel, but more elegance and finesse is needed for this 40oz operation... :muahaha:

steve green

lol nice one boss...awsome..old english should do nicely
hmmm how to use that bottle.....hmmm your using a clone grown in soil? maybe you can remove some of the root ball ,make it thin and moist and attempt some sort of transplnt into awaiting soil in the forty bottle===i may have smoke myself silly..hmmmm this is tricky.... maybe somehow you can make like a hole in the soil of the forty-with a pen maybe? then u can place the roots in it.. sorry if im rambling-im sure youll get it
GL ..this is too funny :muahaha: ill be watching

clowntown

Veteran
What am I gonna do with these freebie seeds I've collected over time? Now the only question is which strain. I'm thinking MoD's Godbud x Dreamweaver. :confused:

I do have a small air pump... maybe DWC? :chin:

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
You seriously kicked me into flashback mode with the 8ball pix. Only when I was drinkin, damn sure that bottle would have been empty, or at least have a 10-15 second dent in it. LOL

EDIT - I suggest a small, wispy strain (no tree trunks) cause if she outgrows the opening........Maybe cut the top off a lil...I figgure that you have threaded bolt cutters, probably have a glass cutter...

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
A narrow glass neck will not slow progress or hinder creativity... if the hole's too small, make it bigger right? :confused:

You know how we do in da hood... :yes:

40 oz grow, here we come! :headbange

Next topic? Drainage: whether to attempt holes, grind slits, or go drain-less? :chin:

clowntown

Veteran
Not quite what I had in mind...

... but it'll do. What the F am I saying... in the ghetto, it's always bigger = better! So this is how we do in da ghetto, nawm' say'n?! :headbange

ExEcutioner

HAAHHAAHAHAAHAH LMAO!!

This is awesome,- brings back memories of 2 bottles of old e and a couple of blunts and goin out. Good stuff man

chosen

Veteran
You are so Ghettooo!!!!!!! I love it. You could totally bubble with that setup and some tape around the bag to keep it light proof. Wow...

Latest posts

Latest posts