What's new

Aussie bred candy

M

manchild

Man,she looks lovely.I remember this guy dqg at old cw was working this strain.I have been looking for him and this strain since og and cw went down in flames.Nice pics and a lovely grow.Stay safe.

thc43

Veteran
Hi and welcome Moonunit,
interesting looking plants
looks like a good hybrid mix well done im constantly cracking old bean i collected through the 90s as a teen. Such varied strains on our island. A couple of plants ive been playing with for a few years now comming from reliable source. Mothered Since 2003 and 20+ strains 100s of phenos through my room and here we are still growing the old faithfull. Bigbud+White rhino

:wave: thc

:muahaha:

moonunit

Cheers satanik, although believe it or not most aussie growers are blinded by imported lines, if it doesnt have a hyped name and come from overseas, most want nothing to do with it. Back in the cw days the few beans that made it to canada, usa and europe where rated extremely highly, yet in oz couldnt be given away as most growers where and are to busy growing their imported indicas to give some local breeding a go( unless it was a simple cross of 2 imported lines). The work continues though and the genetics are spread amongst a few select sativa heads.

Hi manchild, one and the same bro, we have been still working but quiet since the cw/og/rc fiasco. Those lines documented at the ole cw were the first lines we made using progeny testing for the most crucial and contriversial part of canabis breeding, male selection.
We selected 5 males from a range of 50 by eye from our pure fuel line( aussie, no relation to anything diesel). Those 5 were then progeny tested by individualy using them to polinate several examples of our other lines, to acurately isolate and document each of the males contributions to its female offspring. Each male polinated females of:
B.I( blue indica) mother line
B.I f1 hybrid, select phenotype
The zoidberry clone
zoidberry f1 hybrid, select phenotype
the cherry line
the sweet line

The best male by far , after extensive testing of the female progeny of each outcross, was the 3rd male we called the fof3 male ( father of fuel3). It passed on the best quality and most potent high of the 5 males, also the best chances of a great tric field and amazing flavor combinations.

We have yet to find a male to rival this one used and for security reasons had to slow our progress. The origional test crosses we found , whilst having a large and varied hybrid ranges, contained absolute gold in our opinions, based on our tastes. Since then our resources have been spent stabalising the gold within these new lines and bringing flower times down whilst retaining the super strong quality sativa high. Most females within these lines now still contain traits traced all the way back to the fof3 male, the most prevelent being the intence sativa high that hits in wave after wave after wave. We have found the two of the new lines to have the most potent form of this high, that being the zoidfuel line ( the zoidberry clone x fof3 male) ( now at f4 but the yield is starting to suffer for the stability) and the white fuel line ( bi mother line x fof3), at f3 and still yielding well, but we still cant get it not to stretch without outcrossing a new trait into the genepool. Having said that the primary priority for selection is potency, type of high and quality of high equaly, all other traits are ranked below in selection.
The harvest window is also quite large and versitile on all these lines. Anyways i could rave on all night ( sativas lol, gotta love em), but i will save more info for later, along with further pics and documantation

thc43, hi m8, nice looking trees bro, u gotta love breeding and growing ( smoking isnt addictive but growing is lol).
Whilst they are hybrids, they lean way to the sat side and nothing we have now carries indica stone, except a couple of indica lines we still hold for breeding. Most of our genetics come from aussie outdoor hotspots up and down the east coast of aust, papua new ginuea and se asia mostly, sourced from the growers personal stocks for the purpose of preservation and further breeding.
Great to see other aussies cracking the old tresures, even bagseed from the 60s -90s was good sats amongst rope expressions. The only prob is the hermi issues in some lines and bagseed finds, due to 40+ years of outdoor growers hermi breeding practices, but having said that even the most stubborn can be worked if it is worth it. We have worked it mostly out of our lines over a long period, but still have some lines show late nanna's that are controlable.

The law here has gotten alot harsher for growers here in the past few years, and we are at the moment going through another reefer madness phase. Loads of beaster houses (20+) have been busted in sydney of late and have given the law and naysayers another chance to str8 bs and demonize our herb.
Whilst normaly i have empathy for growers busted, in these cases i have to say its a form o karma, as they single handedly turned the comercial supply in most of australia to the crap called beasters in the u.s. and canada. Same viet gangs even. The problem is though now its so flooded the market, if u are poorly connected or dont grow its all u can buy in cities now and honestly i wouldnt even call it herb. Wet , imature hay smelling grass clipping tasting no high having pretindica poo poo. The ran all the good commercial growers out of biz and now they are the only constant commercial supply of indoor on a large scale. Punters used to whine about bush herb here but now beg for it over the aussie beasters.

Anyways i think i have raved on enough for now, gotta love sat based highs :)
Much respect
Moonunit ( dqg)

Last edited:
G

Cool story and strain!!!!!

Good read man,glad your into breeding sativas!
THey seem interesting and look great too........
You gonna release seeds or som'm?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi Moonunit !

Nice picts ! This girl looks pretty nice :) That's great there are crews like yours to keep the old school genetics alive !
You've got an awesome breeding plan ! That's great to have access to such selection when you make seeds !
Do you have any clue on the origins of the aussie outdoors weed you've been using ? It seems that flowering time is not too long, how about it ?
And could you tell us more about the smoke, taste and high ????

Keep the good job, all the best for the crew !

I'll be studying in sydney in a month, so i hope i'll manage to get some good aussie smoke, and send some seeds back for further investigations !

dogsnob

hey dqg i remember you boys from cw bro got a few of your zoidfuels hope we can talk later from another aussie that loves your gear

H

hard rain

Its a shame so many of the old Australian genetics seemed to disappear with the popularity of Dutch seed banks and the switch to indoor growing. There was some really interesting smoke in Oz years ago. Nearly all of it sativas. I still fondly remember imported Thai sticks too.

Good luck with your efforts, especially in the current anti drug hysteria climate we are now in. Would love to grow some of that.

moonunit

Hi lou
We love the sats indeed, and we are in the right part of the world for that :) . Or origional lofty goal was to come up with new, unique and stable sat leaning hybrids that grow well indoors but retain the magic of their long flowering heritage. We had planned a release but had set backs a few years ago, hopefully a public release will happen down the line but is no longer a priority, for the time being we are just continueing our work.
Btw love your work m8, gotta love the big grows, takes me back to the days when it was possible here in the bush to go that big and bigger without worries, pre helicopter and trailbike leo, keep up the great grows bro

Hi titoon29 . cheers m8, the progeny testing was the biggest usage of resources we had undertaken but was well worth the efforts. Currently we cant put the resources together to do the same for every gen of inbreeding we are doing so we keep and mix the pollen of all the males execpt the absolute worst 1%, ala sly and souls male selcetion methodolgy. Slows the inbreeding but improves control of the process without progeny testing.
Our genetics we recieved mostly from east coast aussie growers, and here in aust names are rarely used, and basicaly everything comes as , this is my best sat stocks, heres the seed stock of my most potent indy sat hybrids, heres some of my most fruity ect. So basicaly we collected all we could ( we all used to be heavily in the biz and in positions to meet some of the best growers up and down the east coast in the 80-90s) and then later on we all got out our massive stashes and started to grow em out, labled with reference names to keep the lines seperate. This way we had no pre concieved hype or expectations, and judged, and made our selections purely on the merits of the lines, and nothing else. We have a few named local lines such as png gold, and a couple of others named after the town that bred that line origional, e.g. origional nymboida bud, a very pine flavoured almost pure sat , but the rest we mainly named ourselfs for reference, usual after the point of obtaining the line. So basicaly most of our stock came from aussie outdoor growers best stocks .
we have worked the flowering time on a couple of the lines like the zoid and whitefuel lines down quite nicely, most of this work was down before the progeny tested cross of the new fuel lines and also in the current inbreeding . The sweet fuel has 9-18 week phenotypical epressions and some in the cherryfuel line can go long aswell. Typically the whitefuel and zoidfuel go between 9-12 weeks. i will write up a small description on the smoke / flavor ect but usualy i like to let those who have tried our work give their unbiased opinion, i tend to be bias towards our work and am not afraid to admit it lol as we bred it to our tastes. The zoidfuel im curently puffing has a strong fuel/mint/incence smell and taste, very clean and sharp flavor, grown in soil indoors. Very quick hitter, but it hits u only with about a third of the high, u think nice, all head everything looks brighter and im smiling. Then 10-15 mins later, your breathing quickens some what and the next third of the high hits, mostly head with some body, im thinking im very nicely toasted and my thoughts and motor mouth are soaring lol. Then 10 mins later, with a slight tight feeling in the chest the 3rd and final third of the high stacks ontop the first 2 and im now thinking maybe this is going to be to much, but its mostly body in the last part and the head melts into a more body stone for the next coup[le of hours with the head tapering off bout an hour before the body stone.
Here in aust u will see a big mix from the best to the worst u can imagine, just let ppl know u wont accept shitty herb and always be on the look out for bush ( generic term for outdoor weed here). The quality also varies greatly with bush erb but at least it will be dry. As far as seeds go u will find plenty of nice things to take home im sure.

Skar, cheers for the compliment mate :)

Hey there nobber m8, How goes the cherryfuels aswell m8, loved the pic that won the pic of the month over at the other site a year or 2 ago, love your work bro and always love to get feedback from u as u grow the whole nine yards m8. Will be happy to chat m8, i just need to get to 50 posts to read or write any pm's. Good to see an old head over here at this site m8

Hi hard rain
I hear u on the old school sats, they are still around, just buried under much indica and rope lol. We still sometimes get the ole chocolate blocks( chocolate/molassis smelling flat kg bricks) from png but the quality isnt the same( not evn close to what it used to be). I remeber the customs bust in the early 80s that ended most of the thai stick, such lovely effects from that herb, smile from ear to ear, eyes feeling like they are bleeding they are so red, one night in a chinese resteraunt myself and a few freinds laughed for hours about pretty well nothing after a good smoke of thai. I remeber being so embarassed about my giggling and laughing but not caring at the same time, priceless. It was the true laughing herb for me.

Much respect
Moonunit

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi moonunit,

thanks for your reply, you seem to have a lot of knowledge in breeding, nice !
your picts are really awesome, those sativas look really tasty ! I love the fuel taste i found in some jack herer pheno as well as in blue line crosses...

The zoidfuel im curently puffing has a strong fuel/mint/incence smell and taste, very clean and sharp flavor
Seems to be a nice smoke ! :joint:

Is the cherry fuel got a cherry taste ? I've been looking for cherry taste for a while now, the only strain named after cherry i tried was from mota and did not get a cherry taste. I didn't manage to get the ak47 cherry pheno neither.

Can't wait to be in Aussie, if aussie people are all as friendly as it seems you are, i'm gonna have fun ! I'll be looking for great bush :) thanks for the tips... I hope i'll find one day some thai stick as i never smoked any, i'm too young (23) and living in france is not the best way to get imported herb !

Have fun with your breeding, keep that great job, and all the best !

++

moonunit

A dry shot of zoidfuel f4. I will be getting some better shots soon, and a friend with better photo skills than mine lol
Much respect
moonunit

moonunit

Hi titoon29,
The cherry fuel has aproxmatly 50% expressions with a cherry or cherry variant taste and aroma. We havent worked the line much at all after the fof3 cross. We have it worked to f2 but this is the gen that needs the biggest selection field imho, especial to find some of the recessive recombinations we are looking to take advantage of with this line. We have started going through the f2s doing our selection, but it will take some time for sure. Once we hit f3 and f4 we will have the line almost totaly cherry flavored as that is a trait high on the selection list for this line.
U will love australia m8, it doesnt get much more laid back and friendly than here and anyone from around the world is welcomed warmly here ( and alot end up staying here :) )

Howdy cellar
We love to be high down here m8 lol stoned doesnt work aswell as we are already down under lol