What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

digital scales

vindiesel

Veteran
i'm about a week from harvest and want to buy a digital scale to see how i did. i would like 1 that measures not just whole grams but exact. any recommendations...? thanks. :joint:
vin

Babomera

Hi,
all Scales from "Kern" are very good, but they are expensive. I have one from Dipse and them do the job excellent, too.

my friend recently got an awesome looking scale off of ebay, it looks like a 2 disc cd case with a fake booklet on the cover, when you open it up its a scale with a large display and blue backlight, up to 500. the one youre looking at is nice, but i've had trouble with it, it was made pretty cheap, so be careful!

D

Don Cotyle

Go to Wal-Mart and pick up a digital postal scale for $20.00. It will weigh grams just fine, ozs and pounds too. It won't work as a powder scale but will for grams!!!

I've had mine for 6-7 years and have only replaced the 9volt battery once!!!

Don!

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
any pocket scale that can be recalibrated and is sturdy enough. don't get one that is too "plastic-ie" something that measures increments to the nearest 0.1 gram is what you are after. they can be had for any where between $30 - $200. check ebay! but don't fall for gimicky shit (touch screen, wtf?!)

acidnI_livE

yeah five nickel and 3 dollar bill - you are a old timer eh? i used to have a ohaus balancelike that it had one red tray on one side and a yellow tray on the other and you put the wieght on one side and the thing to be weighed on the other. i stole it from an abandoned high school science lab. had it for 15 years. then one day tragedy dtruck and it hit the floor and fucked it all up bad .

but yes tanita scales are the absolute best. if you dont buy a tanita scale, then you are just buyinng a "flea market scale" every scale i saw posted on here i can get at my local flea market for 20 bucks or less.

ohaus and tanita. i would like to have a scale that could weigh 2 points after the zero.

relic1981

Veteran
just lost my scales (long story) im in a bit of a bind and could use some help to get back on track, can someone pm me or check out my visitor message ( my profile?)? i need both a kitchen scale to weigh lbs of both flowers and slabs, preferably 0.1 and a little guy preferably with 0.01 accuracy for small amounts of concentrates..that said beggars cant be choosy right?

thanks in advance!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The one I got at Harbor Freight is still working after 3,4 years. Pocket scale that measures to the nearest .1 for under $20.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
just lost my scales (long story) im in a bit of a bind and could use some help to get back on track, can someone pm me or check out my visitor message ( my profile?)? i need both a kitchen scale to weigh lbs of both flowers and slabs, preferably 0.1 and a little guy preferably with 0.01 accuracy for small amounts of concentrates..that said beggars cant be choosy right?

thanks in advance!

that sucks dude! glad you've still got some bows and slabs left though hopefully some good neighbors to help. good luck getting rolling again.

KONY

Veteran
amazon has .01 scales for under 10 clams, or bones, or whatever you may call them.

Resin23

Check out Old Will Knott, http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/

Back when I was looking for scales they had the best prices on scales I could find on the internet.

Old will knott is the best,cheapest,fast shipping, plenty of freebies I've ordered from them for over ten years. I've had all kinds of scales, American weigh, Jennings,ohaus, Tanita, every cheap Chinese ten dollar one ever, and my favorite is my weigh, all of them come with lifetime warranty.

The best pocket scale was the palmscale, they have a model that weighs to the hundredth 300gX0.01, and models that weigh more with 0.1 resolution. It was scale of the year a few times and is 40$. http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-palmscale8-advance-300.html

For a table top scale that can weigh a pound the I balance 500, weighs 500gX0.1g for 55$, they have models that weigh more and cost more...http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-ibalance-500.html