What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone know where I can get Dalat seeds? Southeast Asian landrace seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basilfarmer

I can't see much in the seed banks.

I was thinking of making the most of a medical permit and growing 10 monster southeast asian plants in 30 gallon containers with a high cieling green house with 12 hour dark timed louvers.

It doesn't matter to me if it takes 16 weeks to flower, that would work fine in a 12/12 greenhouse.

So, basically, maximum potency, high yield, long flowering time, mold resistant.

bigbag

Veteran
reeferman has alot of s.e.asian genetics,prolly the most of any current seed co's.esp when he gets to his stock that he cant touch yet,whenever that is?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Look on seedbay/ bouteque in the GN collection if you after landrace sativa's from southeast asia,there the luang prabang lao's and thai stick sativa seed's.

B

Brad

sorry but dalat is a waste of time, 20 weeks of flowering will get you cardboard tasting WEAK/airy smoke, dalat was pure hype...i had bad experience with it

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
maybe you can get lieu hanh. really potent shit supposedly. spice bros may have some crosses still available. could also try vietnamese black.

not to fluff jason king but the cannabible had nothing good to say about dalat. rancid meat tasting sativa i believe was how he described it. just passing along what i remembered.

A

Azeotrope

Ace seeds has a nice selection that includes some good asian genetics.

kuff23

jason king in his book also said that sagarmatha matanuska thunder was not the real thing,do any body know ..who has the real one ?

Last edited:

kuff23

they r all xpensive ,but which 1 is the real thing and do any1 refute ,what jason king say ,im not tryin 2 str anything up ,just want 2 get my hands on the real 1

i will add that most of the info in jason king's books is garbage. it really sounds like he has little to no real knowledge about cannabis and just puts what other people tell him in his books. i was just passing along what little i remember hearing about dalat. didn't sound very promising and i'm sure there are a ton of southeast asian strains that are much better.

basilfarmer

Thanks all for your great info.

I think I was barking up the wrong tree, you people probably saved me a lot of trouble.

I still think SE Asian sativas do rock though, if they get intense outdoor light & uv.

----
I too am a little skepticle of Kings Books. Interesting to flip through but I find the real info from the people that actually get their hands dirty.

si3ns3

I got some seed from cambodia Laos vietnam and thailand that were gifted to from some natives I will be popping these out shortly and having some fun mixing them up maybe I will send some to seedbay

the only reason i purchased a cannabible was for the beautiful high res pics. i agree, info on strains is best left to the people who breed/grow them. it wouldn't have been so bad if he would have gotten some professional input from the people whom the strains came from. he definatly personified the "uberstoner" personality. knows everything yet doesn't know shit (seems like they're a dime a dozen these days).

The Revolution

Veteran
sorry but dalat is a waste of time, 20 weeks of flowering will get you cardboard tasting WEAK/airy smoke, dalat was pure hype...i had bad experience with it

If this is what you got from your DALAT, it apparently wasnt the DALAT..

Viet Dalat is one of the oldest pure sativas still around. Its been referred to as on of the greatest sativas. Yes they flower long, but thats the price you pay for quality.

I got a batch of these from tropical seed co, back in the day. They no longer offer them, but Ive been waiting for the opportunity to create a stock from the seeds i have. I also have some hybrids Id like to check out.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Mekong Haze from Delta 9 seeds and Mama Thai from Seedsman come to my mind as easy to get Cambodian and Thai strains. Also all the thai and vietnam black crosses at Ace Seeds are outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.