What's new

DC , not from THill or Bub

G

guest3854

I just wanted to catalog and post these pics for myself and others to use as a reference point . These were obtained in a trade from one of tha members here . We ended up culling all but one of tha males due to intersex traits . All tha females had no problems finishing .....More pics will be posted as they dry an' cure .... These will NOT be used for any future breeding projects .

Enjoy ,
Steele

Last edited:
Sweet Bro :headbange .I think i heard of it already being done(not sure),but a SourBubble/DeepChunk cross sounds awesome.Small yeilding,but awesome,lol.Great job as always Bro,keep up the great work.Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed :wave:

G

Good choice.....in NOT breeding?

Waoo hermies in the line ayyyyy?
Tell ya the truth i am not impressed with chunk?
One of the lowest slowest funky plants ive grown...
but i like the perfume smell it has on some!!
Sadly the bud structure needs alot of help........

Brastaman

hiya steel.
nice pics.
was wondering if you could reference why you chose not to use the DC in a breeding project?
i have some DC from RW and was wondering if there was any relation to your DC beans?

brasta.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Those are some resinous monkey ball´s you got Steel!

Did all those females form that much resin? I would love to know does the quality match with quantity of resin´s in this case..

I think Blockhead would make killer cross with DC. It would also add much needed yield & hopefully vigour also, so it wont take centurys to veg them DC´s into usefull height :chin:

I have one DC male at my library at the moment, but I havent flowered her yet/collected pollen.. Interesting to know about the hermieratio on males. I think it´s needed to fully flower this DC male checking for intersex traits before using it in any so called "breeding" im doing..

Anyways, let us know how them resins smoke :rasta:

G

guest3854

DrOrganic , thanks fer stoppin' by .

Peaville , sup bru ...yeep , we have no plans of crossing tha Sour Bubble . It's a project to keep a fair representation of tha different phenos available to folks still looking for tha least removed generations from tha original , of Sour Bubble today . If you fella's wanna cross 'em up , have at it , as that's what they're there for , your needs .

Lou , many of tha shots I've seen of DC look ok but Toms and Bub's selections always blow everythang else apart .

Brastaman , we won't be using THESE DC specimens , mainly in part of their intersexing traits . I'm doubtful that Tom's er Bub's would show these problems . These have no relation to your RW beans , from what I know.

Chief , thanks fer tha compliment . We're saving tha sugar trim to make an exclusive batch of DC bubble .

God's Son , good to have ya .

Herb , always good to see yas . We have other projects currently in development , DC being one of 'em . These were from another member and were being used to gain a preliminary view of what DC has to offer , so no plans of introducing THESE into any lines were made . Only stock from THill or Bub would be used . That being said , I've only heard of 1 or 2 cases of intersexed plants from DC, though never hearing of males . Tha resin glands (interestingly small and short)on tha majority these plants is more on tha "dry" side , 'specially on tha upper most part of tha plants . Many of tha calyx's have finished in magenta and black tips and having a slight sweet , pepper or sweet , earthy , dank . Surprisingly , DC grown under tha halides looks to have yielded better , though taking an extra week to finish . I can't comment on tha quality of smoke this DC is , we're still drying here . No plans of crossing our Sonja line into DC , we have other commitments for each of tha two .... Tha ratio was 35:14:1 (35 total plants , 14 males , 1 real male.) No doubt , research should be conducted before entering into a project and though these are 2 generations removed from THills line , thorough testing should be done . Just because a line is IBL doesn't mean it might not carry unwanted traits . Just goes to show that it's a numbers game .....(at least most of tha time)

Steele

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
lovely resinous Deep Chunks steel! :smile:

Seems Deep Chunk is a high female ratio line, the lonely DC male i had past season came from Richard williams line and showed one, two pistils. It was avoided too. Is maybe a linked trait with DC males? Im growing some new DCs from seed, Tom's stock and most of them are females too.

Anyway, your DC indoor grow is lovely! :rasta:

Hey, dubi. I would have sent a pm but I only have 5 posts. I bought one pack of RW Deep Chunk and got a 0/10 germ rate. How did yours fare? Thanks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Lancet Percy,

Sorry to hear it.

Last edited:
G

DC is nice smelling!!!

WHat i would do is get it crossed to something
that will add a stretch to the bud form,adding room
for actual trichomes to grow in the buds and not just
on the curled leaf.....the calyx size needs help bad id say?
But anthing you cross into her will just take you away from DC...
Tuff cookie,got some crosses going now with a very purple one!!
Bogglegum was the male,so we'll see.....

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Only problem I've seen with most DC crosses, is DC is very dominate in almost every cross I've seen. Some say that would not be considered a problem but referring to what Lou is talking about, it would take some very special selecting

PS. Does DC have Apollo11 in it? because A11 has the same triches along the leaf edges, just not as much.

Last edited:
G

guest3854

Dubi , good to see yas thanks fer tha compliment . I've been really excited to complete this test run and though in tha pictures they look resinous , I would rate these as moderate resin producers . This does does not discount them in how they smoke , though some folks may turn their nose to 'em . They have a pine , earthy , sweet , aroma and very faint undertones of dank hash . We're diggin' 'em more and more every day . No doubt , this is a great breeding tool , however I would recommend searching through a number of 'em , better specimens will shine through ....I will say I was truly surprised at tha difference in growing 'em under sodium and halides were . Like night and day , with tha halides outperforming in not only resin production but also in weight . And significantly I might add , so I'd recommend if growing indoors to get 'em under some halides to get them girls sticky and heavy .

Chlodek , here ya go , some dry pic of tha girls grown under sodiums ....

Chief , if any thang Apollo would have DC in it but I highly doubt tha two are related .

Have a gander and enjoy .....

Be well y'all
Steele

What dubi posted on the previous page before editing his post was that only 3 of his seeds germinated from 3 dozen packs of Richard Williams Deep Chunk. Only 2 of the three made it past the soil...

Why did you edit that post dubi?

Last edited:
BTW steel, I am sorry for posting this in your thread man. I am working on getting my post count up. Myself and others I know are looking forward to getting some of your stuff off the bay. Keep 'em coming.

B

Brother_Monk

Do you mean Metal halides steele? They grow bigger and fatter under the metal lights? I will keep this in mind, when I'm growing out my next DC's. Thanks!

:ying:

G

guest3854

Bruther Monk , yeep , metal halides are producing heavier and headier buds in regards to DC .

These are tha nugs from tha Metal halides , complete with tha salt rubbed tri-tip undertone that we've found and enjoy .

Halide grown DC :

My thoughts on DC are that it's a more uncommon Afghan line . Many things differ from it in comparison to other typical ghanis' we've cultivated before . This I believe is a positive note , as most of tha breeding stock that was available has most commonly become muddied by out crossing . Most afghans we've grown are more of a sticky resin profile where as DC is a dry gland . Many of tha ghanis were also larger yielding and stronger in terms of stench and potency . In terms of potency she holds a comfortable , relaxing stone however I would love to grow out tha keeper from Tom that he's pictured , to really check tha potential potency . With DC , my recommendations would be to grow under Halides , feeding average strength nutes and giving LOTS of root room , these girls can become root bound quite easily , judging by our results . All in all , we're really enjoying smoking on DC and are excited to check out THill's DC beans for future projects .

Be well y'all ,
Steele