What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cat eating flowering n lights

tokinjoe

I was going through my pictures earlier and found this one. I had grown a few femmed northern lights and one was behind the others in finishing so I brought it inside to finish. I had a cat once that ate the tops off of my seedlings and I had to restart my entire grow. Nothing left of my 3" seedlings except for stems sticking out of the ground. Anyhow, I showed the plant to my cat and allowed him to munch a few leaves while I took some pics of him. He wouldn't touch the buds but he ate the big leaves as long as I allowed him to. Needless to say if you are starting plants indoors you definitely don't want your cat around them. Here's the little bastard enjoying some NL.

First time i grew i was tending to my plants when my big fat cat ran into my grow and promptly chomped down on one of my Northern Lights.
Also ate 6 clones i had left on the windowsill.
Them felines really like the stuff.

Fast_Pine

Awesome cat dude!!!..Im the biggest cat person in the world....Many wont believe me, but my first year guerilla growing, I would take my two cats with me 3hours away , deep in the woods....They loved it, and never ran away or got lost....

Me and my girl joke about enlisting a team of cats come harvest season...

My guys go crazy for the MJ, and I too have had them rip up plants and seedlings....Funny how they never go for the nuggs, huh..

Jon

Ive got a bunch of alley cats around. What's the best way to make sure they dont eat it? Or am I screwed?

tokinjoe

Haha yeah he's really cool Pine. I call him my "Hitman" and tell my friends he's fluent in three languages....Wouldn't get rid of him for anything.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
My cats treat my plants like they do my Cockatiel....with FEAR!!! They know I get violent if they touch either one!! Other than that...they run my house-- lol--

tokinjoe

LOL Bongjangles. Jon, I think you will be ok. My cats really just tend to munch on fan leaves, and don't eat them all. Mainly just eat the tips or maybe a little more and tend to sample them. When they are vulnerable is when they are very small or particularly when they are seedlings. They will eat the tops of the seedlings leaving only a stem sticking out of the ground as referenced above.

G

:wave:

tokinjoe! what a funny pics! LOOOL yeah he seems to enjoy it, i just noticed the same, that lazy ass also likes eating leafs.
fitoio4.jpg

In my opinion they feel some nutries in it that they need...i noticed my parents cat also eat the 'normal grass' lol yeah :smile:cats ar so funny...

Last edited:

tokinjoe

I know they eat grass as it helps them cough up hairballs but they actually seem to like the mj. I did a brief indoor grow that I never got to finish and one day I was looking at my plants and noticed he had munched the leaves when I wasn't around. He used to go in and out and I never really minded until I saw the leaves on my plants. No major damage but that was the end of him in the growroom. I gave him some from a trimming job last year and he really enjoyed em. Didn't eat many but he didn't hesitate either. Go figure, cats like mj and deer LOVE the stuff. I guess everything does. :rasta:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
They'll eat the leaves, but never seem to be interested in the buds. I let her go at it, my cat isn't doing too much damage. After the meal she just sits in the cabinet until I shoo her out. She then crashes or just sits around staring at me with those squinty eyes.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
facelift said:
They'll eat the leaves, but never seem to be interested in the buds. I let her go at it, my cat isn't doing too much damage. After the meal she just sits in the cabinet until I shoo her out. She then crashes or just sits around staring at me with those squinty eyes.

Squinty eyes mean they are content-- I am a cat lover, and I just recently looked up their behavior, and why they do it....cool shit-- Cats are trippy creatures--
:wave:

insomniac_AU

I thought my cat was strange but it looks like it's pretty normal. Every time I'm in the room I turn around and she's munching on leaves. I might employ her to help with the trimming next harvest. :)

therevverend

Veteran
My cats have never touched my plants, not interested. Sometimes I'll let them sniff a bud, tney'll take a wiff then wander off.
I'm wondering if it's an indoor cat thing. My cats have been outdoor cats, I see them munching grass and leaves now and then. I'm thinking they need plant matter occasionally to help indigestion, hair balls, and mineral and vitamin supplements. I'm guessing if they had access to different plants if they'd bother with the ganja.
On the other hand there's some cats who are just stoners...

insomniac_AU

You might be onto something there. My cat is 100% indoor now.
She has been outdoor when I lived at my last place though and she really seems to enjoy cannabis leaf, but only shade leaves. She isn't interested in flower at all. Her favourite is veging plants. I think she doesn't like the smell of the resin. I guess cannabis is sort of a grass.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn I hate cats....they give me fuckin nightmares.

My dog is a mut....fat lil legs over size looking pikeneese dachshund type dog. She's always walking over my plants. I've worked my ass off digging holes and put the plant in the ground and it never fails that she's gotta walk over, through whatever but never around lol. It's got so bad I swear I was ready to get a limb on her ass....I finally tapped her a bit with my shovel handle a few days ago as she walked right on top some clones I out in the ground. Nothing to hurt her just let her know to stop that shit I'm serious lol. Well ok I'm out today and she didn't walk on top of anything or knock anything over. I'm sure she'll be back to it lol....hopefully the plants get bigger fast lol. On another note I had a small chihuahua and I'm sure I dropped a bud one time and she ate it. Me and my ex-wife now didn't know what happened and rushed her to the vet. This lil dog about died. We was at the vet and I starting thinking I may have dropped a bud on the floor. The dog seemed so stoned I didn't wanna say anything to my wife. The lil dog finally started to come outta it. The vet said she could've had a siezure....but I'm 95% sure it was the OG(SFV ) x Chem lol. My ex talked more shit than a lil when we got home from the vet and I told her I might have dropped a bud and the dog might have ate it lol. It's not funny at the time but looking back now. The lil chi is ok with my ex and that's been 10-12 yrs. I'd prolly kill that dang cat for eating my plant lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts