What's new

Best Soil For Flowering?

PotHero

What is the best soil for flowering even after veging for a short time. The soil have now sucks soooo bad. :frown:

guineapig

Veteran
It is very important to find the right kind of soil-based medium.....

The best flowering soils should be amended with bone meal and gypsum.....
Some people don't like bone meal for certain ethical reasons, but if you have access to bone meal i say it is a great thing.......gypsum is great too.....

Other good amendments that promote flowering are Kelp and Greensand......these boost the potassium (K) a bit......

The main thing is, you have to get lots and lots of Perlite.....this is basically puffed-up mica that is light like a popped popcorn......use 30% Perlite in your soil-based medium to ensure proper drainage.....

You can shop at your local big box store, such as the Home Despot, or if you have a local gardening store near you that is always an option too......

If you choose to fertigate, i suggest finding a bottle of "Sweet & Heavy" Blooming formula from the Sugar Peak company......it is designed for organic hydroponics, but it works awesome in soil-based mediums as well....

Happy searching!!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

M

Microwido

Fox Farms, or look at my local blend that works well for cheap in my grown thread, 1st post.

PotHero

Fox farms is looking like good idea. I have fox farms liquid big bloom for flowering and hopefully that will be good addition.

Whats the best type of fox farms soil for flowering and vegging? the soil i have now just aint cutting it.

PotHero

I just check out some fox farm soil and there was a few differant kinds. Any one know what the best is? im actually going to get compleatly new soil. is there a good kind for vegging and flowering?

Daemon

I like Fox Farms Ocean Forest for everything, but it's damn expensive. I've been using FFOF with Fox Farms nutes and everything is going well.

I just switched to ProMix so we'll have to see how it goes....

Latest posts

Latest posts