What's new

Rosebud

inverse

A few months ago a good friend of mine in LA gifted me several "Rosebud Kush" seeds which he procured from a medical club there. Grateful, i initially planted two of them, one of which turned hermie and the other which produced the plant below, which is still flowering and wont be done for awhile:

IMG_3491.jpg

The question here is whether this "Rosebud Kush" is one of the strains bred by DJ short quite a while ago, of which no seeds are available. Or, whether it's SOL's rosebud...or whether it is a cross of one of these plants with a kush. I think the kush was added to the tittle to make it more desirable to the kush crowd of LA, and i hope it is either the DJ or SOL rosebud. Anyways, rosebud should turn deep hues of purple, which this budding plant has not. However, this might be because nighttime temps here in flowering rarely drop below 78 degrees.

furthermore, the budding rosebud has exhibited many of the characteristics of legit rosebud, such as a slow starting time and then fast flowering to make up, a floral smell of rosemary, and sparse, tall sativa growth with thai looking leaves.

Mr. Alkaline had this to say about my rosebud, from the above picture:

Mr.Alkaline said:
Inverse, my friend, I hope you do have Rosebud of the Blue Family.
I would imagine Rosebud Kush is a nice plant aswell.
But the Spice of Life Rosebud strain would be...
((Purple Thai Sativa x Kush)x Shishkeberry)

Rosebud originally began as a clone.
It later became Rosebud the Strain, made by Breeder Steve, but he used a Shiskeberry male as the dad.)
-This was not in essense, pure Rosebud.
-You may have SOL Rosebud, look for berry and floral flavors.

We shall see what the end result is with this flowering rosebud, but the real point of this thread is to document the progress of 12 more rosebud beans which i am germinating right now. I took a successful clone of the above budding rosebud, and i will probably be doing some breeding of the plants to produce more beans. Right now they're under 1 32w cfl before i put them outdoors in my first ever guerrilla grow (hopefully will be successful). I will update with pictures as these little beans break the surface of their rockwool

anyways, thanks for stopping in here. should be a good grow...hopefully very colorful :):)

Ulysses

There is a variety called Rosebud put out by the Wild Rose Seed Company...

Breeders Description: Mostly Sativa. This 3 strain combination of Columbian/ Skunk/Jamaican will produce a plant not found anywhere. Grows very large, with loads of small, dense buds from top to bottom of each branch and main stem.

The flavor is outstanding with an incredible high.

Height 4-5ft Flowering time 7-9 weeks in/ 9-10 out

Looks very very similar to yours... Could be a cross with Kush???

DJ Short's Rosebud is/was a low yielder with tiny rose shaped buds...

Keep a cutting or two just in case...

brodus24

I don't know anything about original Rosebud, but the way the some of the leaves are folding in half and bending looks like OG Kush to me...my Sour Deisels do this too (makes sense since they share the same ChemDawg lineage).

I'd have to see the whole plant, but that definitely looks like it has some ChemDawg vis-a-vis OG Kush in it.

My money would be on a cross of Rosebud and a OG Kush cutting (but not a true Kush indica).

inverse

Breeder Betty - thanks for stopping by. i can't wait to smoke her already...she looks so resinous and tasty! hopefully she smokes as good as she looks :joint:

Ulysses - :wave: thank you for the great information. i couldn't find any information on the internet about wild rose seed company unfortunately. do you have a link?

Brodus24 - That could very well be. the plant structure and bud formation is sorta kushy, so theres a good chance you're right. maybe these pics will clear things up more?

Heres the rosebud in the beginning of flower. She topped incredibly well...if i hadnt topped her she probably would have been monstrously tall and lanky. as she is, shes much taller than all my other plants in my grow, and is probably 5 feet including her 5 gallon pot:

IMG_3391.jpg

what she looked like at day 31:
IMG_3422.jpg

Buds at day 51 or 52:
IMG_3532.jpg

heres the clone of her that i took, doing well and showing those skinny leaves:
IMG_3552.jpg

and luckily 3 beans have cracked already and sprouted. 9 more are sitting in rockwool germinating:
(notice the purple?...is this normal for seedlings or does this mean she might turn colors later?)
IMG_3538.jpg

another baby
IMG_3527.jpg

:)
IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

hopefully these pics give you guys a better idea of my genetics?

inverse

ok fellas, i'm so sorry for neglecting this thread. I had 6 female rosebuds growing outdoors guerilla style in the hills, and they were looking great. Two of the females stood out above the others. All were showing tinges of purple on some leaves, and they were only beginning to show signs of flowering, which leads me to believe that this strain turns colors if left in cold temps outside, which didn't happen on my indoor grow

sadly the crop was devastated by hungry deers, which were no problem for the first couple months, so i didn't put up chicken wire. Theres some shoots left on the biggest rosebud, so she continues to live, but the majority of her was chewed up. This is a huge set back in their development

On one of the other big rosebuds i noticed male ball sacks, so i killed him/her. i don't think the others are hermie, but i can't be 100% sure.

I picked up some Deep Chunk x Strawberry cough to plant alongside the rosebuds, whom time will be nursing back to health. Because this is a guerilla op, i haven't had time to take photos yet...but i will try and do that tomorrow.

inverse

had plenty, but because of my situation i couldn't keep any. twas a shame...there was a really strong one that you could tell was a purple pheno