Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Martinique Smoking TOUR, into the Carribean

Thread Title Search
Martinique Smoking TOUR, into the Carribean Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2008, 12:56 PM #1
titoon29
Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !

titoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to behold
Martinique Smoke Test TOUR, into the Carribean landraces

Hi Everybody,

Here are some smoke reports from my martinique tour, starting now...
French island in the west indies, you can find some weed almost everywhere. Prices run from 1,5$/G to 3$/G for best quality.

Most of their weed came from St Vincent and St Lucia, and are landraces sativa, which not seems to have been hybridized, or very few.
The best weed is called "fil rouge" or "red hair", and i hope i'll find some, i've managed to got some every time i've been there before.
Hash is almost impossible to get, and quality is not good.

Here are the first sample i get, Some very brown herb

Smell : smell like peppermint, not so strong. Classic smell of ganja in martinique. 3/10

Bag Appeal : Not so many leaves. Brownish/dark buds with red hairs, sticky but trichomes are not visible at naked eyes. Buds are little. 4.5 /10

Smoke : Taste is hard to describe, very far away from any dutch strains, taste natural for sure, earthy with some pepper.
First it hits you with a good and motivating high, but it's really hard to get everything in mind under control, really racy for the first hour. Love that effect. Give you munchies too !
Then it comes with a strong stone, which made me sleep under the sun ( shit ! sunburns !....) on the beach.
I really like those kind of herbs, they are not the best but if you smoke enough you're really going for some psychedelic high and as soon as you stop the stone will make you sleep...
This weed must have been cutted very amber.
7/10

Seeds : two viables seeds, and three which may be. Labelled #1. I think that those could make some really good results with a proper cure.

Let's roll, with a very little tobacco for the weed to burn well.

I'll give her 5/10, but maybe my judgment will evolve will smoking others of that kind .

A lot more smoke reports will come

Last edited by titoon29; 04-10-2008 at 01:17 PM..
titoon29 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 PM #2
trichosaurus
*Stoned User*

trichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of lighttrichosaurus is a glorious beacon of light
Nice report! Love to hear about these non-hybridized strains. Glad to hear you are collecting some of the seeds.
trichosaurus is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 AM #3
GroovySituation
Upsetter / Peacefull citizen

GroovySituation is a jewel in the roughGroovySituation is a jewel in the roughGroovySituation is a jewel in the roughGroovySituation is a jewel in the roughGroovySituation is a jewel in the roughGroovySituation is a jewel in the rough
nice ...we want more!!!

ah la la ... la fil rouge......

It's a long long long time I man a burn up de collie weed , but it seems de bablon dem dem dem ... come fight 'gainst I , dem a fight 'gainst I.....I wanna now de reason why babylon fight gainst de natty dread , babylon no fight 'gainst de rumhead , babylon no fight 'gainst de winehead [...] babylon come come come ! come see I a burn up a likle Iley !...Sylford Walker (Burn babylon)

My Green Devil (Tiki seeds) grow
My pics : Ak 47/G13Sk/Green Devil/Nycd
Blockhead /Kali most/Apollo mist/Sadhu
GroovySituation is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM #4
titoon29

titoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to beholdtitoon29 is a splendid one to behold
Hi Trichosaurus and Groovy !

Thanks for your posts !!!

I'm staying here for three weeks so a lot of reports should come... I just need to smoke all the weed i get before buying more...

More about the previous sample : that's not much a party weed as you're unable to understand most of things after you smoke it. the most impressive part of the high is the time it needs to get to ya, about ten minutes after smoking it's still going high and high.... love that but this could be crazy

So i'm gonna look for more tomorrow, and we re going to camp on the beach with a lot of people on the evening... let's party, rhum, ganja, sea, sex, sun ^^
No really picts of martinique at the moment, but that should come soon !

I had a talk with a guy who seems to smoke a lot. He told me about quality, which ran from the "maka", which is like the weed i got, to red hair, which is high quality weed. Both come from the southern island mostly. The maka is not so sticky, while the red hair is.
You could also find some jamaican weed, but i think it's really hard to get, also a lot of jamaican herb is hybridized nowadays.
You can also got dutch weed, they name it skunk, but it's really overpriced and quality is lower than what we grow indoor.
Most weeds got some seeds in, the best ones don't have any, too bad...

I'm gonna look for weed experts ^^

See ya all !

Titoon

Last edited by titoon29; 04-11-2008 at 08:34 AM..

Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 PM #5
dfa
kush addict

dfa is a jewel in the roughdfa is a jewel in the roughdfa is a jewel in the roughdfa is a jewel in the roughdfa is a jewel in the roughdfa is a jewel in the rough
Pretty cool, any pictures of Martinique?
dfa is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2008, 06:35 AM #6
titoon29

Sativa Carribean #2

Hi Dfa

Here are some picts i've taken but more will come...

So let's go for Sample #2

Smell : Kinda different from the first one, really hard to describe. Soft smell, really natural, spicey. 3/10

Bag Appeal Got one big branch with very fluffly buds. A lot of seeds. Trichs can be seen with naked eye on this one, but as the buds are fluffly there is not much. I was a little dissapointed by the bag appeal. 4/10

Smoke : The taste is nice, organic with an undertone which remains me of haze, but really soft. No barbecue smoke smell caused by seeds, despite they were many, that 's great.
The high comes really slowly, start 5 minutes after smoking and go up to 30 minutes... Mostly heady, kinda spiritual, can also make you laugh really hard.
this one is not overwhelming so you re still able to do things. :Muahaha:

High :6/10
Stone: 2/10, almost no stone
Taste: 7/10

I would give this one 5/10
She is strong but due to bad grow and curing there is too many leaves :Spank:, and not enough trichomes to hit you straight. But i'm sure properly grown it would be a heavy hitter. Good ganja !

Last edited by titoon29; 04-14-2008 at 06:37 AM..

Old 04-16-2008, 04:59 AM #7
Sideshow-Bob

Sideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of lightSideshow-Bob is a glorious beacon of light
Hey titoon

really great thread this is some very good info - keep up the good work

I wish you good holidays and a great time in martinique

greetings
Sideshow-Bob is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 AM #8
titoon29

Sample #3

Hi all,

thanks for your post Sideshow Bob, it give me more motivation to go on another smoke test...

Just before that, yesterday was surfing day, little waves but enough to have fun... Today is surf day to ... That s not me on the board surfing, but the pict with the beach and board, it's the board a friend let me use.

Sample #3

Smell : Kinda like the first one, very little smell, green and maybe little spicy3/10

Bag Appeal Nice buds, bigger than the previous ones, less fluffy. Some leaves but buds are nice and sticky, trichomes can be seen.4,5/10

Smoke : Well I love the smoke of this weed. The taste is not really strong, earthy, but the smoke is really fresh, like a mint gum... First it hit you like it's really hot and then make your breath fresh, that's fun !
The high is nice, really heady, good for parties or social purposes. A little pain relieve too.
Also make you really hungry all the time, really impressive ! After about one hour and a half a big stone come ending up with a good sleep !
This one would be great for medical purposes i think.
I ended up with about 10 viable seeds.
High :5/10
Stone:6/10 after 90min
Taste: 6/10

I would give her a 6/10... Again, properly grown i think some good individuals could be found...

Titoon

Last edited by titoon29; 04-16-2008 at 07:48 AM..

Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 AM #9
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

ojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud ofojd has much to be proud of
hi titoon

great thread

very interesting seeing the difeent weeds and your opinions and descriptions
keep all the seeds from any good weed you get
send them back if your worried about bringing them back

i have a friend from jamaica whos a big toker and he is going to have friends send back some good seeds with me to play with and see what i get

keep us posted on your trip

peace
ojd is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2008, 07:21 AM #10
titoon29

Hi ojd,

for sure the seeds are to be kept, they will be sent to some of my friends interested in growing those carribean strains.
They really are a different smoke from anything we can find in dutch strains, and that 's why they are worth the wait.
Some of my friends had grown bagseeds from here but they got one of the most fluffy plant i've ever seen, cutted on january after bringing her indoor on november.
That's why i'm taking picts and keeping comments because the yield will be really different from one to the other. For example i'm sure the sample #3 could be a nice yielder, while the #2 not so much.
If you're interested in seeds send me a pm, i must be able to get more this week.

Titoon