What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brazilian Manga Rosa

Hi friends, yesterday arrive to my home amount of a pure sativa manga rosa from Brazil. I don´t know who sent me it ! :spank: ... but no problem soon i find the friend.

I need info about this strain, because i want make some diferents F1. Anyone know something about this strain. Flowering time?, high?, colors?, history? everything!!!:

Thanks for your help brothers!. :wave:

Limeygreen said:
It is reputed to be the brazillian used in White Widow.

ouh yeah, i knew this info, also i know is a pure sativa, is very pretty and take diferents pink and red colors but i´m not sure bro, i don´t know anything about flowering time, nothing of the high, smells ... :badday: I´ll continue seraching!!

Thanks lime!!

Peace and love.

G

Hi Alfred, nice find you have there. This is all he info I could find, from the old BSC site:
Manga Rosa: Pure brazilian sativa from the 70s, a classical around here and all the country too. Never was hybridised. Very nice and long lasting high, natural high for clean cerebral activity, delicious taste and bouquet of sweet mango fruit, fat long fox tail buds full of resin with orange to light red hairs. This strain was used to breed White Widow. Grows as a main stem with few side branches, better growing outdoor but indoor does fine too.
Indoor/Outdoor/greenhouse
Heigh: 2 mts
Flowering: 10 to 12 weeks
Yield: 300 grms

E

ElectroSticky

hope the beans are real manga rosa ,

:muahaha: this manga rosa brought many years ago from :muahaha: and currently grown by indians in the mountains , :rasta: ,

the herb they produce its not :jump: but it is a nice sativa , and the beans love sprouting , :muahaha:

..she will outstretch the :muahaha: punto rojo and as far on the blooming , :headbange ,

there is a nice smell to it , no wonder it is called mango ...

many hybrids out there with mango on it , and even more sativas out there , but the real mango , indeed from brazil is quite rare these days , since it is an OLD SCHOOL bud ,

but it can be aquired , just like mangobiche or punto rojo !!

hope u have some nice real mangos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
dubi said:
Alfred,

I grew manga rosas a few years ago .... it's a very unique american phenotype, thinner and more delicate than colombians, i posted time ago descriptions and pics here at icmag:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=775258&highlight=manga+rosa#post775258

I hope it helps. dubi

Dubi:

I've been intriqued by Manga Rosa for quite some time,and I have read your opinion of it several times.It sounds terrific,and is probably a strain that should be grown regardless of yield.Thanks for sharing the post again!

Alfred...good luck on your grow of Manga Rosa,please keep us updated!

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Alfred :wave: Check out the Potential in South America -thread and type "manga rosa" at the thread tools! Well, actually did it for you myself, here you go amigo:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=4660651

Zamalito posted some interesting info about it, he was traveling at Brazil while he was still working at BSC :chin:

Dubi :wave: I think I have seen your MR pics somewhere here :chin: I hope everything is looking bright in ACE collective!

Knop

Eu acho que é lenda manga rosa.
Assim como qualquer sativa brasileira
O Brasil nao tem landrace, nunca teve.

I live in Brazil. I've never seen manga rosa. Legend

Eu acho que é lenda manga rosa.
Assim como qualquer sativa brasileira
O Brasil nao tem landrace, nunca teve.

Hey man just because you never seen it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Its said that the plant was brought from angola by slaves. Definitely due to paraguai weed going to brazil, its much harder to find this plant. I know its somewhere there, be in some growers hand or be living in the wild.

Have u seen dubis post about the plant? It seems very veracious.

Knop

É minha opniao, cada um acredita no que quer. Se existe só se for a cannibis que é cultivada no tringulo da maconha, na região de cabrobró.

I haven't heard much about a 20+ week Manga Rosa. Do you have pics or info I can check out on her?

When I was in Brazil a while back I asked all my friends there about different kinds of Herb, and tried to find a few different kinds for myself. The one people generally are smoking there is the brownish brick. It has a much different smell than Mexican brick. I can smell the difference from a mile away. The second most common I saw was indoor hydro believe it or not. They did talk about other really good outdoor that comes from northern Brazil but it is only a seasonal thing and I never saw any. You would probably have to be somewhat connected, and stay in the right parts for a few years to track down the real deal goods.

The plants I have seen around are the BSC version. I think they are 14-16 week plants? Very late flowering so far.

Yea maybe i overrated her flowering time, 16weeks isnt so unlikely due to the country latitude. But i have research a lot about the bsc manga rosa and i can say its not a pure sativa strain. The most veracious document of a manga rosa i have seen is from Dubi's post, u can find it here in this thread.

Or maybe the real deal is being grown in northearn Brazil as u said, certainly a landrace from this region would reach 20-24 weeks of flower. See punto rojo or mangobiches, strains from similar latitude area.

Latest posts

Latest posts