What's new

Questions

After reading the wonderful post of "Finishing times, Photoperiod, Latitude, and how it all works!!"
Helped me understand more of how all that stuff works.But i'm worried my plants won't be able to finish flowering before the avg. frost date October 20th.Strain is Kc Brains-KC33 origin is Thailand/Brazil/Holland.Origin: Thailand-15º00´North of the Equator/Brazil-Latitude of Brazil: 10º00'South of the Equator /Holland-52.3ºN.My Latitude is 42.88 N, would I be able to finish this strain between 1-10th October?I know sativas generally take a week longer to finish from Indicas,after reading BackCountry's post about Outdoor Strainguide I read that "silverback" finished Oct.6th(Sativa) and Sept.26th(Indica) with a latitude of 38,4 less than me and he used strain KC 33.
8-10 Outside flowering weeks for strain KC33.
Other Strain KC-Kc39:Couldn't find any info on its origin so i'm unsure that this would be a suitable strain since I don't want to take a risk of ordering it and it not being."Seeds from a Spanish Source 96 x KC 606,99"is what I found.8-11 Outside Flowering Weeks for strain KC39.
Third strain LedaUno:Origin: Brazil / Holland.Brazil 10º00´ South of the Equator/Holland-52.3ºN.8-10 Outside Flowering Weeks.
Another strain I was looking at was from The Sativa Seedbank,the seedbank from Nirvana,I feel my comfortable with sativa seedbank instead of KC since Sativa is from Nirvana.
First is FullMoon it says "Harvest ending half/end of october" half of Oct/end of October is to late,but it says the"Flowering time: 56-64 days" which is about the same of KC33,64 days is top 8 weeks,as I said I need to harvest first week of October.
Second is Cannibis Sativa Slang from The Sativa Seedbank,an updated version of early girl.It finishes the same time as FullMoon
"harvest .- Ending half/end of october" and "Flowering time: 56-64 days"
These 2 strains from Sativa are meant for "Outside cultivation" not inside/out like KC aswell.The flowering time is for Outdoors since the strain is only meant for Outdoors.
I want to go with the SativaSeedBank if I can instead of KC,but I want to be sure that it'll finish first week of October.

They didn't give a great description of the KC Strains at Dr.C so I looked at 8 diffrent seedbanks to write info. about
each one,some had diffrent information than other but i focused on the info that came up the most.
I've read that the Doc ships to the other side of the ocean,is this right?I've read from other forums recently March 08 got their orders within a week!It must be all good.

Let me know if im right about these strains will be suitable for my area 42ºN,Avg.Frost Date Oct.20th.
All strains from have close outside flowering weeks and are soupose to finish at the end of September,besides the ones from Sativa but their outside flowering weeks are about same.
*If anyone who had tried out Kc Strains please let me know how it went for ya,i've been searching alot of diffrent forums
searching KC Brains and found some really bad and really good.Reason why I plan on choosing them from the Doc is
if I lose an order its not a huge cost but a huge downer,short flowering with HIGH yields.And after reading Silverback's post about KC-33.
*Also if anyone who tried out Sativa Seeds Strains let me know how it went for ya.
Guerilla Growing,I plan on using organic soil,10 gal. Grow bags or bigger if i can find cheaper soil.

At my city,
July 20th-
Begin Civil twilight-4:58A.M.
Sunrise-5:31 A.M.
Sun Transit-12:58 P.M.
Sunset 6:24 P.M.
End Civil Twilight- 8:58 P.M.
Thank you so much I was getting all worried when does 12/12 occurs,I'm really happy after reading that
plants start blooming long before 12/12!!,15 hrs light 8 hrs dark with begin/end Civil twilight.

I've been using a site for sun up/down(aa.usno.navy), and I got my Avg. Temps.in my favs aswell.October Avg.High:61.0°F,Avg.Low 44.0°F Avg. Precip.2.61 for OCT,Avg.Precip. from April-September 3.10in - 3.80in mainly in the high3's.

Would it be ok to begin mid-april - May,April Avg. High/Low 54.0°F 38.0° F Avg.Precip 3.86in / May 67.0°F 50.0°F Avg.Precip 3.08 in
I plan on letting them grow 2 weeks in papercup.I don't know if the young seedlings would be able to put up with Mid-April temps.

I'm going to start looking for cheaper soil than FoxFarm's potting soil,I would use FoxFarm's but the costs add up to way much,
Anyone know of good quality organic potting soil cheap?*How much would a 1.5 cubic feet bag of potting soil fill?From what
i've read 10 gallons if thats right thats a bag of soil for each bag which addds upp so im trying to look cheap soil in large amounts

I don't want to do this foolishly so i'm reading everyday for hoours and pagess of notes, so that I got everything planed out before I begin.To let ya know I get up around 10-11 am and start out and around 8-9 i go to bed so im awake for doing this during the ealier am times,and wake up at 2:30AM and then stop around 5:30-6 am to wake up at around 10:30 and repeat....
My back and yesturday my was leg hurting like hell sitting in a dame chair all the dame time , I hope you understand my dedication
and you can help me out with this longass post.Ofcourse sometimes I take an hour or two break sometimes .My bones keep crackin like everytime I move after sitting down for a long time from not strecthing them.Although im going to practice carrying heavy weights in backpack and walk around with them awhile so I get prepared.
Any questions about my area that i already haven't said that you need to know to answer my questions please let me know,(Reason why i haven't made any posts is i've been around alot of the forums just looking up info. but this seems to best to stick around with.

G

Welcome SirSmokesAlot
Kc 33 will finish at your lat. If your soil is good and she gets sun it will get big quick. Lemony to the point of seriously stinky. The more sativa pheno's, the more the stink. It has good mould resistance and clones easily. the lighter green phenos are better. Don't overripen it.

At 42, you probably should be planting from early may i suspect. Maybe someone from 42 will add on. Good luck!
sb

Yeah thats what i read from your post on the strainguide thread,I was thinking early may,and have them grow for about 2 weeks then at may move em out.As experinced like you do you got anyother advice like about would Full Moon and Slang finish on time with KC33?Even though it says it finishes at mid oct-end but the outside flowering time is close to KC33?For a harvest at Oct.1-10th I would need them to begin flowering at mid-july,short veg. time :badday:. Was thinking of only Kc33/Slang/FullMoon,aslong it finished before oct.10th,
anything else silverback?

Great post on mold by the way.
edit*I would use a microscope to check when to harvest/inspect for insects.

Last edited:
If Kc33 will finish at my lat so will fullmoon/slang because of their so close outside flowering weeks just poped into my head after thinking of your post in my head..

Last edited:
G

In my view, it may be difficult to achieve flowering by mid July, without using a forced flowering method. That is, with KC 33 and other, similar strains. At 38, plants begin the last week of july/1st of August. I bet for 42, flowering will begin the 1st week of Aug - finish 7-9 weeks later.
Thats my thinkingSSA. sb

I really really need you to read my whole post and answer all questions because im really worried and i dont want them to not finish because my wacked up daylight/night hours(I don't know how they would begin at Aug.1st with these times!!)

Yeah when I was looking at Mid July i wasn't including Begin Civil twilight/End.
I'm happy i finally got my strains selected I went threw each page on DR C and wrote down all the strains i considered info and had like 8 pages back and fourth,but chose KC33 , Full Moon either Slang or Leda uno or all 4,and im glad that i figured out that I would be able to finish them by 14th October with 60 flowering days and begin to flower at 15th.Aug with avg. frost date being oct. 20th.!!!By the way Hallowen is oct.31 and i never get snow on hallowen!!!-So I should have more time than the 20th but it does get a little cold during oct.(October's avg 60.0°F 43.0°F 2.49 in,I need to get theses orered(1week to ship)then germ(2days)and let them grow for (2weeks)so im running close into May1st ,I need to get these shiped so i can start looking for cheap organic soil!Knowing I never get snow on hallowen the latest i could begin to flower is Aug.30th i got day/night hours below!!We do get frost on hallowen sometimes,im using bags not sure if frost gets on them badly using bags+they should be done a week before hallowen

Aslong this enough.-All include civil twilight
May10th 5:02AM-8:35PM
Is this enough to stay in Veg.?-5:14-am-8:24-pm-May 1st.
Is this enough to flower-5:30am-8:30pm-Aug.15th,thats 15hrs im worried they wont flower till way late 5:35AM-8:15PM>20thAug,5:40AM-8:07PM>25thAug 5:45AM-7:58PM>30thAM
They need 14hrs to begin to flower and 15 or more to stay in veg. right?

*edit-Silverback since SB doesn't have these strains would be ok if used a giftcard for the dr.c,i know you sent mo and they said they never recieved but if i use a visa giftcard they'll get payment right away,im going to look at those other sites you listed though before on other thread*
I've gone threw those sites and still plan on using dr.c aslong as you agree that they cant say never recieved payment if i use a visa giftcard,no mo's from me,dr.c/alien.-Next round it'll be sb for sure.
Another important question i have is it ok if i start them out for 2 weeks in cups and move to plot and transplant to 10gal grow bags and let them finish in the 10gal bags would this be good?Would yield be effected,I would plant in soil but cant due to location,I remeber reading your soupose to start off in cups and then move to 3gal container for 1 month then move to final container but if i just move cup to final 10gal bag would this be good?*Would yield be affected?
!!!!!!Stress!!!!!!

Last edited: