What's new

For a Living

Hey all,

just wanted to know who else out there does this for a living? I mean as a job. just growing. I think this is the way to go if it is your passion in life. I know sometimes people get greedy and out of hand but thats a passion of money, not herb. for example like kids that come on here and say " I wanna do a 5000 plant grow." and no jack about even the system of N-P-K and its cycle threw veg to flower. This thread is for the people that grow outdoors/indoors or both, for a living but more importantly out of love for the plant. yes i pursue schooling (veterinary medicine), i almost think it is wrong not to. But i am way more interested in the studies of our beloved MJ.

Growing for a living is not wrong. You get out of it what you put in. And the risk factor should reap high benifits. When and where does this end. Where can we continue are passion and study for the plant. Where is there a Legit life where we can supply are CONTINUED.....

Last edited:
useful knowledge without getting our doors kicked down. we have so much to offer but so little ears who want to hear it (besides are beloved members here at IC). Can we get jobs that will let us grow cannibus? can we find a place where we are not treated as criminals, but masters of our profession? I apologize about this if it seems like a big RANT about how this should be legal, but its more than that. where can we go to feel at home besides a place we hide behind firewalls people haved to pay for. (not that i dont love it here) but i wish we could all sitdown blaze one and hang. think about it, we all just work together in a happy setting, instead of the boring nine to five we hold now. i do not want this thread to be a Rant just simply a wish. This one is for all my growing family out there that, this is our nine to five, and anyone who beleives in the nine to five grower. keep on fighting the fight guys. are day will come one day......

Peace to all with love, Slow

slowster5507 said:
useful knowledge without getting our doors kicked down. we have so much to offer but so little ears who want to hear it (besides are beloved members here at IC). Can we get jobs that will let us grow cannibus? can we find a place where we are not treated as criminals, but masters of our profession? I apologize about this if it seems like a big RANT about how this should be legal, but its more than that. where can we go to feel at home besides a place we hide behind firewalls people haved to pay for. (not that i dont love it here) but i wish we could all sitdown blaze one and hang. think about it, we all just work together in a happy setting, instead of the boring nine to five we hold now. i do not want this thread to be a Rant just simply a wish. This one is for all my growing family out there that, this is our nine to five, and anyone who beleives in the nine to five grower. keep on fighting the fight guys. are day will come one day......

Peace to all with love, Slow

spain, czech republic in some ways, think there's a few more...

this thread might get closed/deleted, i don't think you're really supposed to talk about selling.

bobblehead

Veteran
when it's legal, the prices will drop dramatically, because everyone will be doing it. It will no longer be a viable source of income. There's a lot more money to be made by keeping it illegal.

i dont think it would be any more than cut in half, plus you would lose the middle man and the grower would move it himself if theres no arrest problem, so you could still cream if it was legal i think

boroboro

Alcohol is legal, and plenty of money is made. It would probably be hard to make a living competing with cheap $4 / 6-pack Milwaukee's Best, but craft beers brewed locally in small batches easily sell for twice that or more. Same thing with Scotch, Vodka, etc.

DR HERBAL

I think it should be legal the goverment could tax it like in holland even tax the grow equipment you could aply for a permit to do larg scale grows to supply medi users so the goverment could tax the place were they do these grows.As for anyone else they could grow 5plants for there persi any more would be fine or prison.Somthings gotta be done the bud in England is toss if you buy of the street your lucky if is not laced in glass or sand or moldy.The average bud of 5years ago is now the best of the best and every year its getting more nastie that the reason i started growing its just one big joke

D

d4.

Theres plenty of people who do this for a living in ALL countries, whither it be in the middle of no where or in their very own backyard! Stick around for the outdoor seasons, I think you'll see some amazing stuff.

Colt122

People? Try families, mother,father,son,daughter,.....Its bigger than most would think :rasta: Its a way of life. My great-grandmother was one of the first settlers in Lower Fort Garry(manitoba), this is a generation thing going now for almost 40 years. :wave: My grandpa smoked,my dad smoked I smoke and My son smokes. My daughter quit...good for her, she will smoke again.... :rasta:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Since I've started growing I've felt that growing and breeding (which I hope to start in the future) would be my dream job. As the laws are today, I wouldn't do it. I'm hoping VT can get their MMJ laws a little more expanded, and then I would love to become a caregiver.

bobblehead

Veteran
yeah... and since you dug it up.. I would like to change my comment slightly... Growing will still be a viable source of income, as is selling booze... but the prices will still come down. People will still pay a little more for connoisseur strains, grown privately, and not in corporate warehouses... Like a micro-brew.

hamstring

Veteran
yeah... and since you dug it up.. I would like to change my comment slightly... Growing will still be a viable source of income, as is selling booze... but the prices will still come down. People will still pay a little more for connoisseur strains, grown privately, and not in corporate warehouses... Like a micro-brew.

True but don’t you think growing is a little easier than being a brew master and the up front capital is much more in brewing so it's different in many aspects??

If I had to guess I think prices would go much lower than what happen to booze because even though it took me years of practice and study to become a moderately experienced guerrilla grower the truth is if I could have grown in my back yard it would boil down into strain selection.

A little but of an exaggeration but I think there is much truth in it to.

Look what it would take to grow a large field of cannabis in CA compared to what it would take to brew the same amount of beer. Think about all the steps it takes to make booze with MJ put the "great strain" in the ground and wait. Then harvest all the pot grind it all up in to one large batch for consistency and boda bing joints for sale $5/pack.
Did you see all the growers on ICMag up in arms when they thought CA was going legal they new it would have killed them.

Who knows though really??????

bobblehead

Veteran
If I'm growing thai, people will still pay top dollar for my buds... ;) Who wants to grow a 20 week sativa? Or on the flip side you have purple urkel, that is hella slow in veg. So no, I'm afraid it's not as simple as dropping some seeds in the ground. Like I was saying, there will still be a market for connoisseur strains. Exotics, landrace strains brought out of remote locations and stabilized for indoor growing... The harder to grow strains that won't be sold commercially.

Prices will drop when marijuana is legalized... CA can keep the prices somewhat inflated because they can ship the weed out for a higher ticket... I'm sure there will always be somewhere to export it to though...

hamstring

Veteran
If I'm growing thai, people will still pay top dollar for my buds... ;) Who wants to grow a 20 week sativa? Or on the flip side you have purple urkel, that is hella slow in veg. So no, I'm afraid it's not as simple as dropping some seeds in the ground. Like I was saying, there will still be a market for connoisseur strains. Exotics, landrace strains brought out of remote locations and stabilized for indoor growing... The harder to grow strains that won't be sold commercially.

Yes, good points I can buy that or at least I hope it to be true.

TheOutlawTree

I agree with you hamstring. I think if it was legal, prices would go way down, alot more than half. Theres alot of people out there that grow their own vegetable garden every year, most of these people would grow a few cannabis plants, whether its for their friends of themselves. Growing in general is a big hobby for people, alot of people would like to grow pot if it was legal im sure. Think about the giant farms of pot that would be grown outdoors, instead of seeing corn you would see marijuana.

Growing is alot easier than brewing beer, most people would grow their own smoke. Also most people toke to get the effects, not because of taste etc. I myself am a connasoir but many people are not.

I think our day in age will go down in history, the marijuana "gold rush". It really is amazing that a simple plant, is worth so much coin. More and more people are getting into the industry when they see the money to be made.

There is no doubt about it though, if pot were legal, it would turn this world around for the good. Theres so many things that would change, i could write a book about all of it!

hamstring

Veteran
I agree with you hamstring. I think if it was legal, prices would go way down, alot more than half. Theres alot of people out there that grow their own vegetable garden every year, most of these people would grow a few cannabis plants, whether its for their friends of themselves. Growing in general is a big hobby for people, alot of people would like to grow pot if it was legal im sure. Think about the giant farms of pot that would be grown outdoors, instead of seeing corn you would see marijuana.

Growing is alot easier than brewing beer, most people would grow their own smoke. Also most people toke to get the effects, not because of taste etc. I myself am a connasoir but many people are not.

I think our day in age will go down in history, the marijuana "gold rush". It really is amazing that a simple plant, is worth so much coin. More and more people are getting into the industry when they see the money to be made.

There is no doubt about it though, if pot were legal, it would turn this world around for the good. Theres so many things that would change, i could write a book about all of it!

Most people do smoke for the effect but the same goes for drinking a million people out there buying Milwaukee’s Best or whatever cheap beer is in your neck of the woods.

Bobblehead has a good point too though when I have the money I go to a local microbrewery (the real kind not the ones that just finish the beer) and drink $3.75 - $5.00 beers because i enjoy the taste.

On the other hand when it comes to smoke I am a couch lock guy potency over taste so there is room for both types of people.

I totally agree brewing and growing being two different animals. Your premise is spot on.
No way that MJ will be even close in price way below 1/2 its just too easy to grow in your back yard even in a city its done all the time. As for large fields of weed you would see it grown just like corn very close together no large bushes so they could harvest it easily and with machines. How you going to stop Monsanto from coming out with Roundup ready MJ that produces potent bud. You want to see some real money thrown at breeding let Monsanto get a hold of this. I hope not Monsanto is a evil company but I know it would happen if they aren’t already looking at it.

We can already get weed that was grown in a field, real close together, with no care taken. It comes in bricks from mexico but no one wants that. GIG