What's new

What Light to use? Please HELP!

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello people :wave:

I've been looking at TL lamps for a small vegging room, and so far I have found 2 models that look decent and are in my price category.

So far I only have experience outdoors, but have done my homework to learn a bit of indoors. What I would like to hear from more experienced people is to hear what are their experiences with these equipments (if they have tried any) and what would they recommend.

Here are the lamps in question:

Duofluor 2x55W propagator with grow bulbs*
- Duo Fluor growing bulb armature
- 2x 55 watt tl bulbs
- colour spectrum 4000 Kelvin
-*also to use with*bloom tl bulbs
- L:60cm W:20cm H: 5cm
- Price : between €50-100 (more towards 50)

GREENBOX 110W
-110 watts ( 2x55 Watts) with pre-heating
-Fluo : 55 watts Philips 830, 840 or 865
- L:56 W:22 H:8 cm
- Prince : between €50-100 (more towards 100)

I know that they look very similar, and that there're other TL systems out there, but they seem to be rather expensive (over €100). My main concerns are electric consumption, heat production and unit's cost. Leds could also be a possiblity, but I don't know if I'll find a unit at the right price.

Ideas, comments, suggestions, ranting... All welcome, to a certain degree :rant:

Thanks for your feedback! :joint:

brookie

those must be t5's. I don't know about the EU, but I would search for what they call here a highbay light. These are made to light small commercial spaces. I got a 6 light for 117usd and the bulbs for 50usd so this is very affordable. I can hardly believe how little heat they generate. there is a member here dutchflowers that has a grow with some of the eu t5's. If you are planning on flowering, I wouldn't get anything under 6 bulbs.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Browser....

i'm using the TL's from Gamma ...there about 15€ a pop ....its 2 x 18W buy 3 of those and you'll be set for veg...they realy don't need more in veg...

they do seem nice to use these lamps you chose..but as it will use more electric and generate more heat...these lamp i say will be more economic in use..
Nway 'm just adding some thopughts for ya :wave:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya Core :rasta:

Thanks for passing by and the advice my friend... I've actually been looking in other places, trying to find something of that sort, but more budget. I even saw that they have some tl's in Ikea!

The thing is, do they sell the right reflectors? I've seen that you can buy the tl's but the reflectors that I have seen don't look very "reflective" as in having "wings" and the alike.

One thing tho, the price difference is quite ridiculous :spank: I'm now considering a Blended Reflector Mercury lamp (160w) for under 50.

Latest posts

Latest posts