What's new

Silenced fan?

Bøf

Looking for a way to quiet down my fan DIY style.. I have read the thread where a guy(cant remember the name) does it with RW and a big 200L barrel... It must be possible to do this in a smaller scale... Any suggestions?

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Looks good, but I wonder how much it restricts air flow with the wall of the cooler being so close to the intake side of the fan. I understand the intake on the cooler is on the left side, but that small distance between the fans intake and the cooler wall is a concern. I think it would be much more efficient if the cooler was slightly larger in the one direction. Cool set up though. I wonder how much noise it actually cuts down - probably quite a bit.

TGT

C

cway

george j warner said:
this is my way : ) made a 6" completely silent at 100% power

I like it ALOT!! much smaller.. Man potheads are creative.. !! Whats that acoustic material.. Like Dynomat?

Kilbud

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

george j warner said:

Hey GW,

Great job on the box you made.

The cooler will work but the intake and exhaust need to be inline with that small an air space. Loosing a lot of CFM.

I made a large box which holds my can 100 and max 10 fan. This photo was taken shortly after installation. I have made changes but can't upload any pics.

The only problem with the box I built is noise/vibration caused by the box touching the walls. I could clearly hear the noise/vibration outside my house. I have since modified the box and moved off the outside wall which improved the sound level outside. It's still touching the inside wall which is connected to the outside wall, so I still get a little noise but it's acceptable for now.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
george j warner said:

this is what im about to do with my 2 inlines...
im sure ive seen ur pics on uk420..... how much was that acoustic lining stuck round the inside of the box?
im thinking of using egg box type soundproofing on my box(im putting both in a single box)-or maybe using a fuckload of acoustic expanding foam...

Last edited:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
he is the slacker version for the grower who can't be arsed to get any materials-

just cut two holes in the box that the fan came in-stuff in old jumpers-blankets etc-thats it.

eddie

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
EddieShoestring said:
he is the slacker version for the grower who can't be arsed to get any materials-

just cut two holes in the box that the fan came in-stuff in old jumpers-blankets etc-thats it.

eddie

Awesome :D

that acoustic lining is from a acoustic store (so its the propper stuff lol)
for linning the floors of sound studios...removing 47db
it costed me £60 ($110)for 6 meters lol and it is seriously heavy ,its rubber like and really dense very much like dynomat : D
the roll got sent in the post and i had to get it out the van myself coz the guy couldnt lift it !!! was about 90kg lol : ) it removes the fan noise

the wooding is packed in to remove the airflow noise
and the acoustic ducting is a must when you silence a fan to this degree lol .

the mdf box also remove vibration noise and is strong but i have to say ... the whole construction is freaking heavy ..does the job though ..

i was never on uk420 but i did post it on another site called marihemp
i also posted it in here in growroom design when i built it originally : )

oh and for your dual box ...dont use foam get some wooding it does the job man trust me ...go to a material shop and you'll find it there ...huge role lol if you get a choice between thick and very thick get the very thick lol ... duvet inner is a bit like it but wooding will fit anywhere and you can cut up ...

laterz

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Mcgyver lol...thts back on the telly over here..... on FX(i know its a murdoch channel)
Musta have got my wires crossed george-or maybe someone else posted a link to ur pics over here to show someone how to do it over there....
Geting the MDF this week.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts