What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Widow

Thunder...the aloha 98 WW is clone only unless anyone still has seeds stored. Aloha seeds still offers a white widow variety but not sure of the heritage. My growing mentor and his partner grew on the big island breeding for 20 yrs and originally started Aloha seed co. They retired out of their thing bout 7-8 years ago and sold the seed company which the headquarters is located in A'dam. The seed for the famous 98 Aloha variety was grown close to them on the big island of Kona and they just sold the seeds for the growers. Words direct from the mans mouth himself. BTW... his partner(and his mentor) drew all the Greatful Dead album covers. He has an original painting hung in his house. Wicked to look into it stoned, especially with the size of it. Said when not tending to all their plants, his partner would be down by his private patch, naked, painting and working on the art design for the albums. Neat to listen to those stories. :rasta:

G

Hi.
Hey Dalaihempy. I believe your right about the history. If i understand Joeys , he kept a mother or parents from his purchase of that original strain and still makes F2's with it today. Thats why i say it may be the only place to get the original. I believe he says in his info that these are f2's using original stock. I could write a book on the number of times Ive been wrong however. This could be another.

sb

D

Dalaihempy

silverback said:
Hi.
Hey Dalaihempy. I believe your right about the history. If i understand Joeys , he kept a mother or parents from his purchase of that original strain and still makes F2's with it today. Thats why i say it may be the only place to get the original. I believe he says in his info that these are f2's using original stock. I could write a book on the number of times Ive been wrong however. This could be another.

sb

Hiya silverback yes if Joey is in fact offering the widow they would be f2s or f3s or so on only person to hold the line to create f1s is shanti people can say or belive what they like but there the simple facts.

tornado

go take green house seeds. mr.nice and shantibaba seed are bullshit, no germination and 90% man. he can sell sunflower seed to grower on his forum if he say its original sunflower haze that he create when work at greenhouse. shantibaba is cheater, fraud and liar, don't trust his word. Ingemar create white widow, everybody know that except mr. nice forum fans.

if shantibaba create white widow, why he call black widow if it his creation. and why white widow from mr. nice look red and purple in the softsecrete magazine i see before.

also name white widow was sell in coffeeshop in amsterdam before shantibaba arriving in dam. so how is possible he create it when exist before he enter country?

and cut from white widow was pass in amsterdam in hand of many many people.

and this thread question is talk about white widow no black widow.

why shantibaba only can create his best strain when work at greenhouse? why he not can create something new that just so good after he leaving. strange, maybe he need to go back work with the master at greenhouse. is really too much bullshit for me.

RetroGrow

Veteran
"shantibaba is cheater, fraud and liar"

Besides being subliterate, you are an idiot.

Shantibaba is the creator of White Widow.

2ezy

Nirvana's WW is quite good and shanti has said himself that they may have the original WW as they bought beans from him in the early nineties..

Just grown some outdoor and they totally meet all descriptions and have an awesome stone!

However it would hard to go past the black widow from the originator of the strain. I would like to try it out myself to compare the two.

Hip Cat

I have seeds of White Widow from Greenhouse and Black Widow from Mr Nice and will be doing a side by side grow in the future of the two Widows to see which is the best.

G

tornado said:
go take green house seeds. mr.nice and shantibaba seed are bullshit

The only bullshit Im seeing here is coming from you. And apparently its getting so deep, Ill need a shovel to find my way out of here.

tornado said:
shantibaba is cheater, fraud and liar, don't trust his word. Ingemar create white widow, everybody know that except mr. nice forum fans.
lol do you actually think anyone is dumb enough to believe this dribble from you? Shantibaba is none of those things you have accused him of, and its a known fact MNS bred White Widow which is now Black Widow due to people just like Ingemar.

Atleast get your facts right before spouting off some shit, it just makes you seem ignorant otherwise.

tornado said:
why shantibaba only can create his best strain when work at greenhouse? why he not can create something new that just so good after he leaving. .

Shantibaba has created numerous phenomenal varietys joe, dont kid yourself. Mango Haze is one of the more under rated varietys around today. But you do not care about the facts obviously, just here to troll.

tornado said:
maybe he need to go back work with the master at greenhouse. .

lol and who would that be? Arjan? :muahaha:

E

ElectroSticky

GHS....MNS

GHS....MNS

I am sure that Neville , Shanti , and a few other people , i think arjan too....

They helped starting GHS ....

and they are responsable for many great varietys ...
it seems to me people dont think arjan was a breeder back then , but..

nobody has to hate if GHS has the original clones , after all GHS is a COMPANY :bashhead: ...

the thing is that the persons that created this variety have the original clone too , and one happens to have another COMPANY ... :muahaha:

so... :rasta:

The thing Arjan and Franco are great at , is making feminized seeds that wont hermie :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

if they ''produced'' the original ''strain'' is a whole different story ,

i'm sure they must be breeding some new gooood stuff to atribbute to the 2008/9 GHS catalog :muahaha:

MNS , that is another seedbank well worth buying seeds from , i already did get some ...let's just say i have 2 different sharks to play with , :muahaha: will they be the same :muahaha:

now ..

if MNS dont make feminized seeds , it's a choice they made.

:wave:

Last edited:

spicecowboy

DP WW

DP WW

Maybe someone can bring some light into the following question?

I just visited a buddy who grows Dutch Passion´s "White Widow".

Maybe half of his plants look as advertised by the company, but the other half grew into wicked Pure Sativa looking phenos.

Very high variation between the phenotypes, the Sativa ones are tal,l very slim fingered and seem to have a lot of vegetative growth going on in the middle of flowering, looks as if he messed up the light cycle, but he told me he didn´t.

While the more Indica looking plants look like they could be harvested in about 2-3 weeks, the Sativas are at least 3 times as tall and lightyears away from being done...

They look very weird, hard to describe, but he told me he got them out of an original pack of "feminized" beans, and the last 2 grows looked pretty much the same.

Did anyone else out there have similar experience with DP´s WW?

spice

G

Not me spicecowboy. I'm growing it outdoors this year as i have 2x previously. I have found the plants to be quite consistent. Honestly, because of its tendency to be coated in resin, im dusting my favorite maple leaf indica with it. Its been hard for me to find a male. Ive had 8 out of 10 seeds be female!

I like the strain very much. Can't complain.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew WW from first GH release when Shanti was still there...I have also grown BW since he started MNS....and I have also grown GH WW from 2 years ago and the old WW and BW are the same as dammit and the GH recent WW is a little different but also nice but still very frosty and with similar high but not such soft smoke as b4 IMHO.Make of that what u will!
They all 3 had Frosty white keepers though so its horses 4 courses!
JBo :dueling: :bashhead: :joint: :rasta:

Minion

Is WW pretty much the best Indica strain? As far as sleep/relieving stress/ heavy feeling?

Last edited:
GHS OK for me So Far

GHS OK for me So Far

I have a GHS White Widow Fem just switched from veg to flower under 200W of T5s (also switched from grw bulbs to bloom bulbs, about 8 weeks after sprouting). The plant is healthy, vigorous, when I FIMed it I got 4 tops, with LST I currently have a lovely flat field of tops under my lights. Also have a GHS Himalayan Gold Fem also doing well, not quite as hearty as the WW, but also quite lovely, not as deep a forest green color, but similar in appearance in other respects. The HG Did not respond as well to the FIM as the WW, but got 2 tops and it recovered fine (even after I over LSTed and broke a feeder stem -- it healed fine). But between the 2, both in 5 gallon pots, I have a lovely field of green and expect flowers to start forming any day. Should be a sight to behold. I also have a 400W HPS but heat in the summer in an upstairs bedroom is an issue so I am sticking with the 200W T5s I think for this grow and will try the HPS for flowering during some winter grow in the future.

Will be a few months before I can give it a fair smoke test though .... Fortunately my "filler" LR2 Fems are just getting ripe so I will be able to keep my mits (or, I guess lips) off the big plants until they are truly ready ... Early smoke tests of the LR2 show its an OK smoke. Nothing special, but way better than nothing and I certainly have paid for worse (although trichs are just starting to turn amber so better things may come).

People do lots of trashing here with seeds, methods, etc. All mostly opinion from personal experience tainted with many uncontrolled variables. And my amazingly healthy plants are growing with minimal care, using miracle grow soil, Alaska fish fertilizer, and now miracle grow flowering food. Just use a moister meter to tell me when to water, even used automatic "plant sitters" to water for up to a week at a time when traveling. They seem to do better when I ignore them most :) People here I think try to love their plants to death ... I spend about 2 minutes a day adjusting the rubber bands, making sure the T5s are at a good height, and watering or fertilizing every few days. the rest of the time I just leave them alone to do what a weed will do naturally ....

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I agree...CantBe2High....and I like your style. Very similiar too mine.

I had an excellent Nirvana White Widow/White Rhino grow... :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts