What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000 Watt 9 Plant Recirculating DWC Recovering from Evil Hydro Hut

simpleword

These Hindu Skunk clones took a long time to root so they already had some deficiencies. After throwing them the hydro hut things got bad. Well the hut has been down for five days and things are picking up ridiculously fast. Thankfully the hut was in a lightproof small room anyway, so I was able to take the hut down and leave everything in place.

Stats:

-Bluesky Coffeeshop Hindu Skunk clones taken from my mothers
-1000 watt air cooled hortilux attached to 640 CFM inline fan
-9 5 gallon buckets recirculating DWC with control, reservoir and 1/4 HP chiller
-430 CFM vortex fan hooked up to can 66
-LG 65 pint dehumidifier (and a dehumidifier which i need at this stage)
-GH Nutes using Lucas formula, cal mag, liquid karma, bigbud

Some pics:

16264dwc2.jpg

16264dwc1.jpg

16264control.jpg

16264bubbles2.jpg

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a nice setup you have simpleword. I too had my plants get rocked by
the hydrohut issue. I've got a new canvas in the mail which I HOPE is not
going to ruin plants again. We will see about that. Keep up the good work

-Funk

Stealthy

Hi simpleword. That's nice and clean. You have any more pics of your res setup close-ups / detailed photos. Is that your main res or do you have a larger res feeding your controller? Also, what is that white plastic item submerged in your res?

Lt. Go0B3r

the set-up looks pretty clean and should work out great for you! I had a hydrohut and so did one of my friends and they both turned out to be a disaster...when i moved mine into a different environment they came back so quickly i was amazed. so i feel your pain better days are ahead.

I had the hydrohut disaster also, mine looked just like yours. Good luck, they look much happier now! That white plastic thing in the res appears to be a float valve for automatic res topping off. My question is WHERE did you find that particular float valve? I went to the hardware store and could only find those big black float balls, but they come in a kit for a toilet and it just doesn't look like it would work in a res. It appears yours is JUST the white thing, I assume the hose that it controls is attached to the outside of the res???

simpleword

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Things are looking even better today!

Stealthy: I'll get some more pics up for ya soon. That is the main controller tub. The white plastic thing is a float valve attached to a reservoir for auto watering.

iLLperception: I found this float valve at ace hardware, they are meant for swamp coolers. I saw them at do it best as well. The hose is indeed attached to the outside of the valve.

N

NZjay

Thats a great lookin setup, good job.
i know how much work does into putting together one of those, although 9 buckets looks like a great DWC setup.

can i ask did you use the Blazeoneup tut?...

ill be tagging along for this one if you dont mind.
i love watching DWC :)

best of luck, stay safe, and keep ya finger out of ya nose!

Last edited:

simpleword

That is so hilarious, I was picking my nose as I was reading your post. Tsk tsk tsk. I did indeed use the blazeoneup tutorial for my original 24 bucket setup ( a LOT of work). For this setup I made a few small changes like adding another pump dedicated to the chiller and adding a waterfall to the control back from the chiller, it probably doesn't do much but I'm sure it doesn't hurt.

Thanks!

simpleword

...and things continue to look better and better. The light may need to move up a wee bit and the humidity is pretty low but I'm sure I'll need to turn on the dehumidifier before too long anyway.

16264week2b.jpg

16264week2.jpg

And a shot under the sun (hps):
16264week2c.jpg

N

NZjay

yup. they are coming around!

when will you be going to flower?...
are you gonna Scrog the room, or just some topping and light lst?...

hehe had ya finger in ya nose huh! BUSTED!

Bulldog11

Veteran
Great looking grow but I have to ask... what is up with you guys talking about a hydrohut disaster? I use a hydro hut, what is the issue?

simpleword

NZjay: Thanks man, they are really improving. I was thinking originally about scrogging, but I think it may be a bit difficult getting into all the plants with a screen, plus I'm a little intimidated by it. As far as topping, I was going to do that, but every plant but one has multiple tops anyway. What kind of light LST would you suggest with topping?

Thanks!

Bulldog11: A good portion of hydrohuts made after last june had improperly cured pvc or pvc softeners which is off gassing and killing lots of plants.

Sweet man we have similar setups I am running 4 bucket (same kick ass tutorial) dwc using 2 600 watters with a scrog screen and just entered flowering last sunday... shit got my hut like in august but i've already done a grow in it so I'm thinking it was probably built b4 last June thank christ haha that would blow!

good luck bro! wish I had that chiller:)

What size? I am really interested in doing a dwc w/control exactly like yours. Do you have a journal where you've included all the supplies or whatever you needed for your setup?