Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > The Wizards of Oz > C99 X Blackberry First Run

Thread Title Search
C99 X Blackberry First Run Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 PM #1
foomar
Luddite

foomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud of
C99 X Blackberry First Run

Saw pics of this strain must be two years back and finally got a chance to pop them.

Nine out of ten germed and six survived a fan failure which cooked three and are now at day 35 from seed and 8 - 9 nodes , last three days in the flower room in 12/12 and about to show sex.

All are very uniform apart from one which is naturally far more bushy and a notably darker green than the rest , easy grow so far and are in soil/perlite with no extra nutes.

foomar is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 AM #2
Dr. Bloom

Dr. Bloom will become famous soon enoughDr. Bloom will become famous soon enough
Lookin' good foomar.

All of Wally's C99 crosses are excellent, so i'm sure your going to like these girls.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Dr. Bloom is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 07:56 PM #3
Father Time

Good Luck wiht the grow man,

i grew out that Genetic a couple seasons back and was happy as a pig in shit with the end result. ( but then again, i have not grow any of Wallys genetics that i have not been happy with )

Kind Regards, FT

Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 PM #4
zoolander

Thumbs up

Cant wait to see those flowers Foomar

Old 03-09-2008, 12:34 AM #5
perpetuallylost
Banned

perpetuallylost will become famous soon enoughperpetuallylost will become famous soon enough
have been looking for info on this one for quite some time. thanks for the info. will be checking for updates. can't wait to see her in bloom.
perpetuallylost is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM #6
foomar
Luddite

foomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud of
Thanks for the interest !
Two confirmed females and two definate males so far and the males are very vigorous and would have a nice shape if i had not stretched them to hell and crowded them in.

One male in particular has a blueing on the unopened flowers that have never seen before and bodes well and all plants have a strong fruity odour.

Looks like they could make use of higher light levels than current low levels.
Faster than most plants to this stage of growth and a three day cloner is a bonus.

Normally i do not feed anything in veg as the nutes in the JI compost are plenty but these look a little hungry.

Last edited by foomar; 03-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: uncropped 4 meg image posted in error
foomar is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM #7
foomar
Luddite

Day 41 of a slow veg due to far from perfect conditions and a plague of mutant mites.
Have three females and they are slowly bushing out for flowering in around a month or as gaps appear.

Clones root eagerly in three days in the bubbler and are growing away well.

t
foomar is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 04:03 PM #8
foomar
Luddite

Stupid keyboard....

The males have been culled but are not dead.....
Find i can collect enougth viable pollen for my needs by cutting off the tops and letting them flower in plain water , sometimes they root as well.

foomar is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 AM #9
Dr. Bloom

Dr. Bloom will become famous soon enoughDr. Bloom will become famous soon enough
Cool foomar. I'll be watching...I might just learn something
Dr. Bloom is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 PM #10
foomar
Luddite

Cheers Dr , saw your hashberry pics and well impressed.

The undead males are just about to drop pollen and will be bent over/broken into a plastic bag to collect a small amount of normally viable pollen.
They can take a month to get to this stage but if a few fan leaves are left on it usually works with plain water , add a tiny drop of nutes sometimes but see little difference.
These have drank over two litres since being chopped and look very healthy all things considered.

Intend to use some of the pollen on the best of the females to give me something to grow out over the late summer looking for something interesting , take the best few indoors to finish .
Done this a few times and around one in five of the seed are significantly better than the keeper from the first run and very few are worse.
Have no pretentions as any kind of breeder and this is a very poor method but works well for me and have found a few stunners along the way.
foomar is offline Quote