What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SWAZI, SWAZI SKUNK?? ANYONE??

gonejah17

Just curious if anyone has any personal experince with this strain, supposedly an African sativa??

I have a friend flowering some right now that I gave him a whlie agao, a store bought cutting from the club.

Any tips or information from experience would be greatly appreciated.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola Gonejah :wave:

Are you the same Gonejah from other site I have met?

I am currently growing Swazi Rooibart from African Seeds, but it´s my first time with it, so I cannot give you any info on her ehavior on flowermode. If you friend has pure Swazi Rooibart landrace, I would say he should be get ready to wait for awhile when flowering them :2cents:

I have one bigger Swazi mum at her last daze in veg and one little Swazi in flowering (12/12 after rooting) to make seeds.

Here´s the mum:

And here´s the little one right before going into floweringcycle:

I dont think this helped you alot, but I hope you something out of it....

G

guest123

gonejah17 said:
Just curious if anyone has any personal experince with this strain, supposedly an African sativa??

I have a friend flowering some right now that I gave him a whlie agao, a store bought cutting from the club.

Any tips or information from experience would be greatly appreciated.

yes ive grown swazi skunk before ,, it has no relation to skunk ,, is just some nice sativa from africa ,they just call it that to give it more appeal or somethin .. i dont think it needs it really , its a lovely strain to grow , though not all plants will be excellent , just the odd one , as it is with strains like that ...
im not sure it will do u guys much good indoors , but i did find several really nice ladies growing them outdoors ... bit of a carroty smell about it ,, and really oily weed ... nice high too , i actually underestimated the first lot i grew , had spindly flowers and not a smell i really took too ,, a friend gave me a joint of it and wow , very euphoric high ..
hope u are able to achieve the same indoors ...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah Wally, I really do hope I get that kind of effect from Swazi Rooibart indoors!

You mentioned the carrot smell.. This Swazi mum releases incredible strong carrot odor when it´s stem is rubbed, or even touched :D I think it´s very promising that if you rub it´s stem gently between your fingers they come sticky, maybe that portend stickyness of finished product :chin: I dont know, but I sure do hope :D

Btw, is there any change that you got pictures of them foxy Swazi ladies of your Wally?

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I grew it for years indoors, one of my proudest grows. We never knew for certain where the seeds came from [which bank] and the sheer fatness, potency and speed of the plants does not match any vendors descriptions. Tiki's Bambata sounds like the closest match around [although she is Namibian, not Swazi] and it had no red hairs at all. It did however grow calyxs from the leaves, sadly the closeup photo is blurred, but you get the idea, hopefully.

Finishing.... took it to 80 days once or twice, fantastic, usually harvested in 45/50/55 days, once a NFT pump failed on 33 days, we had a crop of 33 day weed that would normally be fit only for the bin, but this was a lovely smoke, one Swazifan even stated it was his favourite iteration.

Growing, yes, it stretches, but grows uniformly and is manageable, higher SoG densities than the classic 7x7/M² work well, my closest growing friend achieved over 1kg yield using 9x9.

12 years ago I did a couple of NFT SCROGs with Superskunk and a "Hedge" of Swazi around the edge, slightly like the Coliseum, this works really well and is something I want to try again ASAP.

G

guest123

Herbalistic said:
Yeah Wally, I really do hope I get that kind of effect from Swazi Rooibart indoors!

You mentioned the carrot smell.. This Swazi mum releases incredible strong carrot odor when it´s stem is rubbed, or even touched :D I think it´s very promising that if you rub it´s stem gently between your fingers they come sticky, maybe that portend stickyness of finished product :chin: I dont know, but I sure do hope :D

Btw, is there any change that you got pictures of them foxy Swazi ladies of your Wally?
sadly i dont have pics of the ones i was really happy with , but from what i could tell from the others i grew they were out of the ordinary ... most had a foxtail sort of bud , but the good ones were very tight and a shorter plant overall .. i guess more of a hybrid look than a pure sativa ...

G

guest123

ohh the seeds i got werent from any seedbanks , direct from south africa from a friend .. i was sent hundreds of different seeds to try in australia .. as i said some were fantastic , and others a bit on the ordinary side .. but definately a fun grow , some of that african stuff is amazing , the vigour of the plants is awesome ... even the off types i found quite pretty ....

Here's some pure South African Swazi, doesn’t look to be an outstanding pheno like Wallyduck was talking about. Seems like out of about 10 Swazi seeds you'll get about 2 awesome ones if ur lucky. But when they’re good, they’re really good. The Swazi also varies so much from area to area.

Now here's a special pheno. She has been dubbed "Purple Aids" as she gets 50% purple buds at harvest. I've never seen such vigour from a plant before.

Cheers.

gonejah17

Hey all, Pics look GREAT and thanks for the responses!! I have to go back over them and absorb all the wonderful information. Thanks for taking the time to lay it down for me to pick up :headbange

Hopefully Im the only Gonejah17, I would certainly think so, but if u mean from GC then yes its definitely me!!

Im going to gather as many pics of my swazi together and post them here, it might take a minute since they are all in different folders lol. But first Ill explain my situation, and try to keep it real short;

I got a Swazi clone from a club, grew it out and took a bunch of clones from it, started to flower a clone but had to take my flower room down for a minute (long story), had too many plants at this point so I gave all my swazi to a friend who grows, along with some other ladies. He vegged them for a while and started flowering about a month ago (I asked him when he had flipped 12/12 but he didnt know). He has my big Swazi mom flowering and 1 nice sized swazi clone. Hes not the MOST knowledgeable grower (nor am I) so I stressed to him that he needed to let the swazi go a looong time. He has outdoor capablilities as well and I really want him to keep her around and try her outdoors. So Im gonna set him up with a little cloning op and take some cuts to reveg. The swazi mom is HUGE and has at least 3 FAT ASS colas starting to form (I LSTed the mom in veg). THe clone is basically 1 spear, starting to fill in.

I wish I could take pics there and I might be able to, but this guy sketches out easilly so I dont want to mention posting pics of his op on the internet lol.

So Ill gather the pics I have of my swazi and I guess any further info or pics on swazi that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I get the feeling if grown right this can be DANK!!!!

gonejah17

I found a TON of pcs of my swazi but they all look the same lol, so heres some of them. On of them is a revegged clone but I have no budding pics since I didnt ever run her. My boy is right now tho and I hope to get some pics.

Heres my Swazi

gonejah17

ChaosCatalunya said:
I grew it for years indoors, one of my proudest grows. We never knew for certain where the seeds came from [which bank] and the sheer fatness, potency and speed of the plants does not match any vendors descriptions. Tiki's Bambata sounds like the closest match around [although she is Namibian, not Swazi] and it had no red hairs at all. It did however grow calyxs from the leaves, sadly the closeup photo is blurred, but you get the idea, hopefully.

Finishing.... took it to 80 days once or twice, fantastic, usually harvested in 45/50/55 days, once a NFT pump failed on 33 days, we had a crop of 33 day weed that would normally be fit only for the bin, but this was a lovely smoke, one Swazifan even stated it was his favourite iteration.

Growing, yes, it stretches, but grows uniformly and is manageable, higher SoG densities than the classic 7x7/M² work well, my closest growing friend achieved over 1kg yield using 9x9.

12 years ago I did a couple of NFT SCROGs with Superskunk and a "Hedge" of Swazi around the edge, slightly like the Coliseum, this works really well and is something I want to try again ASAP.

Thats crazy man, cant believe it grew buds out of a leaf lol!!!! Thats the only time Ive seen that!!

8cyril8

Swazy Skunk is really good stuff. I've grown it outdoor 2 years ago.
13 something weeks flowering. Great taste. Really strong. The fisrt time I smoke it before bedtime Thousand of image were flashing thru my mind...Psycadelic.
I don' have any picture of it. I don't remenber the exact breeder. The price was under the 18 € . And Gypsy Nirvana sell it to me.

:rasta:peace and enjoy

Ministro

I used some swazi rooibart 2 years ago
Great for outdoors. didnt like it for indoors, seemed they needed sunlight to show a decent amount of trichs.

Ministro

Smell - Low
Size - Big
Yield - Big
Trichs only good outdoor ( i just used 1 pheno, so i might be wrong)

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ministro said:
Smell - Low
Size - Big
Yield - Big
Trichs only good outdoor ( i just used 1 pheno, so i might be wrong)

I have grown most SA strains from seed sourced in the specific regions and have found great individual indoor plants from Swazi,RooiBart,Malawi Cob/Gold,An unknown Transkei Sativa and Durban Poison(Pondoland) in both Bio and Hydro systems. In my experience you should initiate flowering with 11 hours light for first week or 2 and then 12/12 til last 2 weeks when I suggest ony 10 hours of light! This helps them start to show quicker and then gets more resin out of 'em when you lower daylight hours at the end of bloom. Just my experience with them. I believe that would get best out of Swazi as would mixed lighting(hps/halide or HPS/HO cool flouro or poss cool LED. Warmer Roots often help as well so heat mats or reservoir heaters are a good idea as they are used to quite warm substrate.I wouldn't recommend to noob smokers though as they can be introverted or a little paranoid on SA weed when its well cured as its stronger than the draw it came from as a lot is badly cured in SA. JBo :rasta:

Transkarctic'95 \/

gonejah17

Damn Londinium thats some great 1st hand experience. I cant believe all the information Im getting from you guys, really thank you so much for taking the time - it is not going wasted when I grow her out I will post threads here on IC and u will see!! Definitely seems like a strain worth growin out

Im gonna go thru and rep u all

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swazi (import) used to be a popular smoke in dutch coffee shops.

Swazi x Skunk is a common strain in Holland [see Positronics to High Quality Seed Bank B.V.].

Swazi tends to grow tall,, even when crossed with skunk.
The taste and high are pretty unique... as Wally says some plants have carroty undertones.

Swazi Skunk x Cali Orange Skunk :

Swowie Skunk (already sent to the seedbay cats) is a cross between 'Hawaiian Maui Wowie Skunk' and 'Swazi Skunk'.

We hope this helps :canabis:

all the best
peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
gonejah17 said:
Thats crazy man, cant believe it grew buds out of a leaf lol!!!! Thats the only time Ive seen that!!

She also threw out large sweet gobs of [clear] sugary sap from the stem when really happy and is the most rain/rot proof plant I have ever had, one crop survived the worst Autumn in UK history, 2 months of solid drizzle, rain and fog to grow bud that was better than our [not too shabby] many indoor crops from the same clone.

Latest posts

Latest posts