What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa landrace from Astrakhan, Russia

[db]

Hi everybody!:)
I think it might be cognitive to show the photos of sativa landrace grown in wild in Astrakhan. Coordinates: 46°21′N 48°03′E
RussiaAstrakhan2007-01.png

Astrakhan is a major city in southern European Russia. The city lies on the Volga River, close to where it discharges into the Caspian Sea.

I smoked this weed during tripping there last summer. This pollinated girls were making me cheerful sativa high, without body-stone. Potency imho mild, 7 of 10, but it were not sensimilla.

G

Wow, great pictures. Never expected to see such a sativa leaning plant from this area. I would expect them to be more like the Uzbeki and Tajiki hash sativas, but their great height, those huge calyxes and the very thin leaves make them look more like a SE Asian. Be very interesting to see these genetics grown indoors.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah British, this thread caught my attention!!

There should be great variation in Russian rural cannabis :2cents:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Could these be the remnants of the strains that were once grown for the fiber in these areas hundreds, thousands of years ago? While not exactly hemp, not sativa either. I have a gut feeling that all cannabis used to look like this before it was selected by man. It kinda resembles the wild strains from eastern europe :violin:

Kenny Lingus

Have you seen many flowering phenotypes (different bud/leaf structure/coloring/density) and how does it smoke? (Seem like it's blooming early and has little resin, so it look a bit like hemp to me, but if people are used to them and don't bother with it, I'd try breeding more productive and potent plants into the stock and make potent wild sativa dominant strains adapted to your area.)

[db]

Kenny Lingus, like 100% sativas plants have alomost no resin. In Astrakhan they ripen in early august, so it seems to me it has long vegetative cycle and short in flowering. I smoked a joint or 3-4 bong cap to get pretty high for sativa.
As it's a landrace probably some of the variations may be low on THC.
The Thai sativa that i've recently smoked(cutted fresh on 15 week of flowering) seemed me to have same potency or near it.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
what up db, I'm from the Baltic States and we also have some weed growing wild all over, have never tried smoking it though...not yet anyways

nice photos...were there more flowers on them when you took them down, dried and smoked them?

anyway, all my smoking experiences were mostly in USA after my parents immigrated there...smoked for 12 years straight

after coming back to my homeland I totally quit, until last year when I went to Amsterdam for a vacation, and smoked some WW, AK-47 and SSH. Got 5 gram deals in different coffeeshops, and these three strains send me to La La Land after smoking half a joint, every time I smoked, and it didn't matter when I smoked.

I thought I smoked good shit in America, but these buds fried my brains totally.

this year smoked many strains when was in Amsterdam in May, Chocolope, SSH, Mako Haze, Pink Kush, and many others, but the ONE that stood out was AMNESIA HAZE, my God that weed send me on a trip for four hours, while I was sitting in Haarlem's WW Indica coffeeshop.

I was thanking God that I only smoked a small joint, because if I smoked a regular sized joint I would have probably passed out.

and a month after getting back...the only thing in my mind is AMNESIA, bro if you have a chance to grow this strain, you will definately not be sorry.

did I read right db that you grow your own weed, if you do, try Amnesia at some time for sure.

anyway, babbling too much, good luck with everything, later