Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > Poll: What Existing Blue Strain Would You Most Like DJ To Tweek?

Thread Title Search
Poll: What Existing Blue Strain Would You Most Like DJ To Tweek? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 AM #21
ampersand

ampersand has disabled reputation
old school purple thai - oaxaca x blueberry thai or what ever it was. it needs to be released. Its Not Around Anymore. can you imagine how great a 16 week sativa from dj is gonna be.
ampersand is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 AM #22
Mr.M
XXI

Mr.M has a spectacular aura aboutMr.M has a spectacular aura aboutMr.M has a spectacular aura about
The F13 is excellent. I agree with Swampdank about the sativa influence being a very important factor. I love the F13 for the crystal clear, snappy high. This is extremely creative and conversational herb. Very uplifting. The flavor and smell are top notch also. F13 is definitely among my favorite selections from any breeder. I know that the father plant is gone, but I would love to see another comparable line. A line that isolates the best traits of the HOG would also be extremely nice. In the end Dj knows best.
Peace, Mr.M

Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 PM #23
Goldenseed

Goldenseed will become famous soon enoughGoldenseed will become famous soon enough
Hey @ all!!!

I tought a few hours longer about that and came to the conclusion,that if we are askin for a pure version of the Juicy Fruit Thai and/or the Oregon Purple Thai,we may ask for to much.As this would take some serious work from a breeder who is known that he only releases beans that match his imaginations 100%.So we would have to wait a little for these beans....nevertheless the wait would be worth it,no doubt.The point that was brought up by Ulysses is a very good one...i would be interested as well in a mostly Sativa cross with just enough Indica to make it managable...and we all can imagine how nice this cross would be if its breed by DJ.

But as the Title says:"What Existing Blue Strains Would You Most Like DJ To Tweek?"

So to answer that specific question,i would like to see the Blue Heaven and the Blue Velvet again and as we all do....i want a BlueberrySativa more than anything else.But in the end i also would like to see something like the Moonshine in new clothes no matter what will be brought to us we will be happy with it.

Bring on them Ideas....greetz to all!!!

Have a good one Goldenseed

Old 03-02-2008, 06:02 PM #24
Limeygreen

Limeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud ofLimeygreen has much to be proud of
I also thought a really nice Sativa selection with massive ammounts of resin and aromatics for some very melty and flavourful hash would be excellent. I don't think yield is really a concern so much as quality.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 AM #25
pHaroaH
His Most High

pHaroaH will become famous soon enoughpHaroaH will become famous soon enough
My vote is for the one strain I have been trying to locate for years... Blue Heaven.

DJ was quoted as saying you could find a Blue Heaven pheno in one out of 20 females in Blueberry or Flo, but I don't think I have found it yet. It is a bit confusing since I have seen pictures reported to be Blue Heaven which look dominantly Sativa, and others that look to be dominantly Indica. Sure either could be expressed, but I am wondering about the pheno that has that legendary Euphoric and anti-anxiety high.
pHaroaH is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 AM #26
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
Do you remember Moonshine Rocket Fuel....

I really want to be able to find some more sativa in the blue moonshine per pack.

BUT.....Obviously, DJ has already tweeked his strains in certain ways. Definately!!!!
But not in all ways....as in mutiple characteristics of the finished products!

In the end, the best way to find a tweeked version, is to simply.....grow out more packs...because it's all inside, literally.
I believe that Moonshine Rocket Fuel is a low ratio Flo/blue Velvet dominant Blue Moonshine pheno.

On a side note, I would like to see a very long lasting flo 'high', the type that keeps coming on for like 6 hours...yeah baby!

Thankyou to all, this has been very stimulating...please continue..
-If you have input, that is....
- Mr. Alkaline

EDIT: Swampdank...
DJ is bombarded by the opinions of other friends and breeders over what he should workwith, and cross to ect...
There is absolutely no way that an opinion from his customers can mess his creativity up.
Would you rather give no input,...none at all????

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM

Last edited by Mr. Alkaline; 03-08-2008 at 12:27 AM..
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 02:27 AM #27
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
Quote:
On a side note, I would like to see a very long lasting flo 'high', the type that keeps coming on for like 6 hours...yeah baby!
In my experiences over the last couple of weeks, I think the Cocoa Kush may well be capable of that requirement...
Elevator Man is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM #28
bigherb

bigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud ofbigherb has much to be proud of
id lov to see some pure sativa purple thai or juicy fruit . a blast from the past .we hav som many ind/sat strains. i myself wasnt around back then to experience these amazing sativas of the 70's. if there still around they should be spread . dj can make it possible my vote is for som pure.
bigherb is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 08:34 PM #29
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
....my vote is for som pure.
This is why I left an actual 'poll' of choices to the viewer instead of creating one. - I did'nt want to limit the viewer's intuition/real wants.

I would like to submit here the liklihood that it did not make for good logic for DJ would release anything 'pure' or 'super sativa' at the begining of his career or even in the midterm (90's)...

There was such a fury of Profiteers that wanted to create not just their own Blue $ Family, but really, a $Blue$$World$ from DJ's hard work.
It is a fact not widely known that the more sativa a plant that DJ releases,..the greater # of possible strains that profiteers can crank out.
This is not to hint that Blue Heaven was pulled away from customers. (I think the BH Mom autoflowered into extinction)But anythings possible. Why was Blue Velvet pulled? hmmm.

Questions...
Has DJ ever come across these near pure type plants?...sure.
Does DJ have them now?,..no doubt.
Are they herm free, possibly.
Are they a good fit for what his large customer base seeks,..maybe/yes/no.

I believe DJ gave us a BBS ind/sat "hybrid' because:
-People are wanting a yield.
-He has'nt completed a full reselection/restoration of the line.
-He does'nt want a 'warehouse' breeder to heist and $tweek$ the pure line.
-DJ thinks and acts LONGRANGE. He works a progressive release with everything unless it dies prematurely.

I have full belief that DJ is reading the forum on frequent occasion and is routinely 'wondering' how much of the many desire something more pure and/or sativa, with or without yield and maturation time benefits.
- -Just my two cents. But also I live a life of exciting Speculation. hehe
-Mr. Alkaline

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 PM #30
Wait...What?

Wait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps it is because I grow so many other types of plants, but I expect commercial seed to be a whole lot more homogeneous. I'd be happy if pot breeders simply stabilized their breeds to one phenotype. I shouldn't have to grow out 30 seeds in hopes of finding "the one." 10 seeds should grow 10 nearly identical plants.

Upon further reflection, I'd probably just end up complaining about lack of genetic diversity...

Wait...What? is offline Quote