What's new

My Cabinet: 150w, AN, Soil, Jock Horror (pics)

W

WheelsOG

Hey guys :wave:

I thought I'd make a thread, and put a few pics up. I owe this site for providing me with lots of great info.

I have a very basic closet grow:

150 watt HPS light
100 CFM fan
Medium: 1 part potting soil, 1 Part Perlite
Nutrients: ph corrected Advanced Nutrients Grow-Micro-Bloom. Nothing else. I might add some dolomite lime to the soil next run to increase my soils Ph.

I'm growing two pheno's of nirvana's Jock Horror from seed. They have been flowering for 64 days.

One pheno is producing light airy buds, that keep stretching and stretching. Perhaps a Haze pheno?

My second pheno is my favorite. It was the runt of the litter but is mostly tight buds heavy with resin. Great Calyx to leaf ratio. I'm going to try to reveg this pheno then stick four clones under my 150 watt bulb.

Anyways, onto the pics :)

The ghetto cabinet :)

Picture of the runt.

Top bud shot of Runt

Random bud on Runt

Far Right bud on Runt. The 'big' bud. Smells like Lime Lifesaver!

Last edited:

Binnacas

Those are some sweet sugar-goated buds there Wheels! Nice grow, keep it up!

Do you have a carbonfilter there? Must be a mind blowing smell in there :D

W

WheelsOG

Thanks guys.

There's no carbon filter right now. My room smells fruity/sweet , but not very skunky and overpowering.

I sleep in the same room as my plants so maybe I'm just getting used to the smell :)

I've been having some sweet dreams lately ;)

Last edited:
K

kidkannabis

i like ur setup, simple yet efficient.. buds look delicious too

W

WheelsOG

Green Screen: Thanks

Kidkannabis: Thanks. This grow is as simple as it gets :)

mngreens: It takes 10-12 weeks to finish. I'm probably gonna pull my runt at 70 days and let the bigger plant go another week or so.

Connsoir300: Hard to say how much i'll get this harvest. My prediction is 1 to 1.5 ounces of nice bud from the runt. The big plant will probably give me 1 to 1.5 ounces of loose ugly bud, plus LOTS of good leaf and loose buds for hash.

W

WheelsOG

Kinky: Thanks. Hard to say how much hash i'll get. My prediction is 5-7 grams. I'll let ya know after i make it.

RudieJ

Jock Horror? That's a pretty interesting name. From the looks of these plants, I think I'll have to consider giving that strain a try.

Definitely try to get a mother out of Runt.

W

WheelsOG

Empathy: Thanks

Rudie J: Jock Horror is nirvana's take on Jack Herer. I must say I'm pleased with the Jock Horror. I've harvested twice before in this cabinet with a strain called Ambrosia. The Ambrosia didn't produce the results I was hoping for, which left me wondering if I needed to make some drastic changes to my setup. Well I grew Jock Horror exactly the same way and have come up with some nice results. Goes to show how important genetics are.

I got impatient tonight and decided to chop the ladies down after 9 1/2 weeks of flowering them.

I probably could have left the plants in there for a few more weeks, but I have some NL x Shiva plants vegging, waiting to go in the flowering closet.

Heres some pics of the harvest :jump:

Pictured Below are all the buds off the runt. I think I might be able to stick four of these plants in my closet :nono:

Close-up of main bud

...Closer....

My four unsexed nivana NL x Shiva

Last edited:
W

WheelsOG

The St.: Thanks. Nice work on your cab too :)

For those interested, heres a few more pictures of what's happening in my garden :)

First off, this is the Runt that I am trying to reveg. I have it in a rubbermaid bin with CFL's on it 24 hours a day. I plan to repot it in something smaller in a week or so.

Next is a shot of the clones I took off my four unsexed NL x Shiva plants. I'll cull the male clones once I find out the sex of these plants.

Last is a picture of the less desirable plant, roughly trimmed, and hanging up to dry. Looks like lots of good hash making material in there :)

Last edited:
W

WheelsOG

The final tally was...

2 oz of light, airy, sticky resin coated buds from the big bushy plant and
1 oz of nice, tight, heavy resin coated buds from the Runt.

I smoked a bit of the big bushy plant and can say I'm happy with the stone. It came on a little strong, getting the heart going, but then it seemed to mellow out and keep you nicely stoned for a couple hours.

I can't wait till I can smoke the runt. :)

tngreen

Veteran
great looking grow! 3 oz of sticky buds off 2 plants is awesome. how long did you veg for?

W

WheelsOG

Thanks tngreen. The girls were vegged for about 3 weeks.

Last edited: