What's new

PURPUREA TICINENSIS

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
this second version is not freaking like the old one from felix and owls production. hope this one will be offered to the public soon. its doing great here in denmark and is one of the most beautiful things a man can see! seeded speciment. flavour and high is nice
8344purpurea_ticinensis_200707.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_110807.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_160807.jpg

8344purpurea_t_1209071.jpg

8344purpurea_t_1209073.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_220907.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_2209071.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_2209074.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_2709072.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_1610076.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_1610072.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_1610075.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_dry_083.jpg

8344purpurea_ticinensis_dry_08.jpg

M

mosca negra

Hola Bro! Great pics there Esbe! Are the seeds this PT plant came from Felix? Also, would love to hear how she smokes and tastes like?

Beautiful Plant!

Mosca

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a beauty!! :rasta:
I´m going to start your Erdbeer x P. Ticinensis soon...Spring is closer :jump:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thanks guys. the seeds i got straight from felix via my good swiss connection, heh. unfortunally i only have 3 pure seeds left, but im shure i can get a few more and the cross i did should be nice to. father was bluehemps e-rocket and my danish passion. im not supprised this is felix favorite breeder strain. mosca bro. i have to check up on the taste and stone to be more precise, been a while since she was in my lungs. get back on that. get some other guys on a lil purt test round soon to. all is welcome!
8344purpurea_ticinensis_0210073.jpg

great grow luck raco bro! dubis erdpurt looked so nice, bet it like your dream climate!

G

guest3854

Very nice offering Esbe . I too am curious on tha aroma and taste of her . Nice work carrying on Felix' genetics , they look special .

Steele

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Is there any place where I could find purpurea or erdpurt before summer? I'd like to have some of the indica side for my next outdoor season and try to eventually aclimatize them here.

G

:wave:

Amazing pics bro!:yes: and what a beauty on it!:D
Can you describe the high in a few words? im just curious...:D
thanks for sharing!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Does anyone know the lineage on PT? It looks very familar to me, having grown a few Flos, etc. Are there any 'blue' genes in there?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks lovely esbe

beatiful purple colurs

peace

G

Elevator Man said:
Does anyone know the lineage on PT? It looks very familar to me, having grown a few Flos, etc. Are there any 'blue' genes in there?

The story, and I can't recall where I read it is that it was spotted (by Felix I think) growing in an old swiss lady's front garden as an ornamental plant and he obtained the genes from that lady.

some info:

This plant has been selectively cultivated and bred by Felix of Owl Productions since 1988. He acquired the parental stock back then from some old Swiss German ladies in a mountain village that had grown it in their gardens for decades decoratively (so they say). Felix was amazed at the seeds performance. A very early strain in that all are finished by the middle of September. The plants all exhibit extremely purple branches with green/purple buds. It is the most acclimatized Swiss strain that Breeder Steve ran into, "fantastic commercial outdoor" he says. It is a hardy plant that has minimal ...continued

Owls Production - Breeder Information
Felix Kautz of Owl\'s Production has been selecting Cannabis genetics since 1978. He founded Owl\'s Production in 1996. According to the competent cantonal authorities, Felix Kautz is a recognized Cannabis breeder who has developed quality strains and has obtained the licence to cultivate them. Owl\'s Production selects Cannabis varieties from many different countries and climates. The selected parental stocks have been kept as Mother plants and clones for many years. Male plants are also kept for seed production. Parent lines of all the varieties sold by Owl\'s production have been kept over the years in order to guarantee a constant quality.

Grower Report - thor88 on November 14, 2004, 5:53 am Purpurea Ticinensis from Owls Production rated 7.71

Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Somewhat couchlock
Potency: 9 Stature: Average size
Yield: 7 Phenotype: Indica
Ease: 9 Indoor: Not Listed
Appearance: 9 Outdoor: Sep 1 to Sep 15
Odor Level: 4 Odor: Sweet fruity smell
Taste Level: 8 Taste: Sweet taste with hashy undertones
Grower's Tilt: 8 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: Not Listed

I received my Purpurea Ticinesis seeds via a friend direct from the breeder. Thanks ! I grew them at 49 N in the Eastern Europe.

Planted 4 seeds, got 100% germination rate. Plants were moved to the ground in 15 May. Grew quite vigoriously even in poor medium. Whole stems were purple even in veg.

Flowering has started in the second week of August. Out of 4 seeds I got 2 females, one mutant and one male. The smell wasn't very strong, They smelt very sweet and fruity.

I harvested my plants about 15 September. Dried in paper bags and then cured in jars.

The smell of ready-to-smoke buds is very nice. Smells more hashy than fruity.
Bag appeal is incredible. Nugs are very dense and totally purple. They are so frosty ! Full of trichomes.
Potency is very good. After about 3 or 4 puffs you're in the other world. Somewhat couchlocky. I like it very much.

I'll definately grow it in next season.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: Not Listed
Average Plant Height: Not Listed
Plants per Sq. Foot: Not Listed
Average Yield per Plant: Not Listed
Pruning or Plant Style: Tree
Fertilization Method: Organically fed

Outdoors, 100% organic. Native soil with few handfuls of perlite added. Used liquid worm manure as a fertilizer. Nothing beats the Sun.

Report added by: thor88

Grower Report - philosophal_stone on November 22, 2005, 8:06 pm Purpurea Ticinensis from Owls Production rated 7.14

Overall Rating: 7 Effect: Nicely balanced
Potency: 7 Stature: Average size
Yield: 6 Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Ease: 10 Indoor: 40 to 45 days
Appearance: 8 Outdoor: Sep 1 to Sep 15
Odor Level: 4 Odor: Mushroom, berry and chocolate
Taste Level: 7 Taste: Hash
Grower's Tilt: 8 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: , 1105

I was lucky to received some seeds directly from Switzerland, from a friend of Felix. Some nice little dark seeds. 100% germination rate.

The plants were began indoor in late march with maximum care due to rarity. The plants stems grown deep purple from beginning to end. The leaves and buds became purple only in late flowering time. The weather wasn't cold, but the buds take a nice purple colour in September.

The shape is mostly Sativa, mostly like a Nepalese. Tall will some nice golf ball buds in the long of the stems. I had some mutants, heavy leaves distortions. I guess the seeds were olds, or maybe it’s a natural variation of the strain. In this case, I guess it came from Purple Oregon Thai like in Blue Satellite… but it’s a long story… Purpurea Ticinencis seems to look like very much Flo from DJ Short…

The plants finish in time. mid September in 45 latitude. Like in south Switzerland Alps, or north Italian Alps climate… This strain will finish later in northern latitudes, but there was absolutely no sign of mold.

The smell is very surprising… Between mushroom, berry and chocolate. It's the first time i have a chocolate (cookie) smelling plant !

The resin production is medium (in comparison with actual resinous stuff) , like the yield. But enough for a reasonable smoker.

The potency is good. If you don’t need an heavy THC Killer, Purpurea Ticinencis is nice for all situations. Nice balanced. From a day time light use, to an heavy one, before going to sleep without difficulties. Purpurea produce a very nice hash.

Purpurera Ticinencis… Swiss Southern Purple… is a nice plant. I’ll grow it again. I think it’s a nice strain for outdoor breeders, due to performances, and rusticity.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: Not Listed
Average Plant Height: Not Listed
Plants per Sq. Foot: Not Listed
Average Yield per Plant: Not Listed
Pruning or Plant Style: Not Listed
Fertilization Method: Mix of chemical and organic

Growing in small 5 litres water tanks outdoor.

Report added by: philosophal_stone

You can buy P.T. and several other Swiss strains cheap here:

http://www.swisshempshop.com/cannabis/chanvre/c176/graines.html

You can buy the three famous Swiss strains - Red Valais, Alp King and Walliser Queen here:

http://www.cannabislandia.com/department/department/80

I'd love to see a cross of the P.T. to the Purple Afghan - hint hint! lol

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
thanks guys, i love purpurea ticinensis a lot. especially the new release with no midway freaking. she smokes like candy with many flavours from pine to vanilla, eucalypto and grape. stone is better than the old grows you refer to bh. i crossed e\roc\dp into her for lil earlier harvest. im shure pt will dominate the outcome. its so easy to see purt in the erd\purt cross and erdbeer is also a dominating line.

get those pure seeds while they are here. its an outstanding offer!

damn, i didnt even hear of Red Valais, Alp King and Walliser Queen! anyone have some info here?

IqTyq

I have some experiences with that freaky old line (still must thinking about Oregon Purple Thai influence in it (Felix and Breeder Steve were neigbours in Switzerland, sooo...)). IMHO the best outdoor strain for central europe.Great vigour, yield, bagappeal, resistance,decent potency (some phenotypes are pretty strong). But most interesant for me is flavour and taste.Sativa leaning phenotypes are syrupy sweet, indica reminds me pepper with fruity-earty undertones.All my friend loves smoke PT so much.Just yesterday i pollenate all my 3 PT mothers (along with Pure Swiss Strawberry and DannyBoy) for some beanz ( with PT male from same batch of seeds), so probably you see more PT photos from me in near future

please, excuse my horrible english, thx.

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
lovely! i know valchanvre also have a special erdbeer version

flashing the walliser queen!
1456-swiss5.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts