What's new

Top 3 Early OD indicas

G

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to hear other growers opinions on this. By early, I mean non autoflowering indicas that are completely finished by 10/25. I' ve had to limit the choice to 3 because there arent that many in my view. I hope you will consider all aspects of the plant, including potency. 70% or more indy

Top 3:

Dr. Atomics BB X Nl - This plant starts flowering in the 3rd week of July and is completely finished at my lattitude by Sept. 10-15, and will knock your socks off. Its one of the few crosses that isnt NL X BB. Heavy yeilder.

Outsider - Hemcy , This plant gets overlooked by outdoor gardeners and is a top notch strain. Decent yeilds, tasty, a good solid 8 by any standards and finished here by Sept. 20 without exception.

BCSC NL#5 X Skunk - Peak Seeds Ive never grown big bud but I can't imagine any plant having larger, thicker, denser buds than this plant. The potency is great, Norther lights, electrified. Every plant Ive grown comming out of canada with Norhter lights, has finished very very early.

Contenders that didn't measure up:

Sensi Seeds California Orange. Finishes very early, god awful potent but will mould the second week of flower. Huge yielder.

Sensi star- One of my favorites but won't finish mid Sept.

What are your choices ?

hamstring

Veteran
Silverback

I like they way you think I am a big fan of the couch lock indicas.

Hey I know we spoke about this before but

Endless sky- Last week of Sept first week of Oct.

I thought I would mention Early Riser because I saw you made mention of it in another post. It was one of my first strains I grew. Its funny how you move on but I sholud have kept it in mind. I had huge yeilds and pulled it a little eary around 10/17 could have went another week.

Dr Atomic BBxNL

Mostly Indica. DJ Short's Blueberry and the Doc's NL. A compact vigorous strain. Strong, fruity and floral buds.

At 3.5 feet expect up to 100 gr.
Cuttings flowered at 12-15" will finish at 30-40".
Flowering time 50-65 days

Looks like a good one.

What kind of yeild/plant outdoors?
1-10 what do give for potency? (Compared to Sensi star)
Which of your 3 has best potency?
Best Yeild?

G

Hey hamstring, I hear you on the Indicas. I love them. I'm happy for all the sativa lovers, but I respond to sativa's like a cat responds to a can tied to its tail. 60-40 strains make me jittery. Im growing Texada Timewarp for my wife this year, but I won't be burning it. I think I might dust my maple leaf indica with it.

Most potent of the 3? Hard answer. All 3 have very acceptable potency and 4 - 5 months of cure and all are very good. Just different and hard to compare

This will be my first grow of BBxnl. A friend who grows commercial has grown it forever but he's trading it out and I enjoy the high from it so much, Im growin it this year. Its got a very enjoyable high. There are a couple of phenos. The northern Lights pheno is a head ringer. The other pheno is not a big yeilder and has a much more energetic high.

Endless sky's a little late for this competition. Im looking to hear about the earliest finishers youve grown?

Gosh hamstring, 10/17? What is your lattitude?

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Silverback
Sorry about that my public schooling is catching up with me. I meant 9/17 (sept 17th).
Thanks for the heads up on the BBXNL. If it finishes Sept 20th or better it is a strain I need to investigate.

Last edited:
Guerrilla Grow said:
silverback,

sensi star from paradise seeds finish in mid september?

how is her drought resistence????

I have been growing Sensi Star outdoors for a few years now and it wont finish until mid October. I grow in a hot dry climate and she does well but she never has to go far for a drink of water either. I have been looking at Dr Atomics NL x Blueberry, thanks for the heads up on that one. Here is a couple of pic's of my outdoor stars.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Dr Atomics Nl xbb is a great strain no doubt but it wont be ready before mid october

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
have you looked into some of greens' beans? Guerilla Gold #5's out now

i grew some gg#2's last seson in marginal conditions and got some real nice buds

Last edited:
G

Hi everybody,

No GG, Sensi star wont finish mid sept. generally. There is the indica pheno that will finish end of sept but the sativa goes until Oct 1 in my area. 38, I guess I would have to say here drought resistance is normal. She has to have water.

Below Frigid, your stars look good. I grow this strain every year and have since o2. Oct 15 seems late, whats your lat.?

Johnyhash, weve been growing DR. A BBNL around here for a while. She finishes mid -late sept here. What is your latt?

I did start a thread yesterday on this forum about how to take a couple of weeks off of the finishing time for those stars.

hamstring

Veteran
I am really considering the BBxNL but seeing conflicting finish times. Latitude matters. I am at 42 north.

Silverback looks like you are about 6hrs south of me. I am guessing first frost of Oct30th last May 1st which gives you about a 15 day start window and 15 day finish window better than mine.

Johnny Hash so what’s your experience with the strain and what’s your latitude?

Last edited:
B

Brad

for northern growers here are my picks
Timewarp twister(not the hybrid seeds the original clone)
Friesland (the quebec cut)
and a new one i really enjoyed last year was Mighty Durban from boreal genetics...all these finish in late sept and they are all proven winners

G

Hey hamstring,

I think you'll be fine at 42 degrees. I know a grower in NY state, I think at 44 and he adds 7-10 days to my flower dates. Where I come in on the 15th, he comes in on the 25th. I think you would be fine with BBnl

There are quite a few strains that finish very early. Most hashplants will finish mid sept. Early girl from sensi- I see one of Sweet seeds female offerings is mid sept.- SAD. They're around, you just have to hunt. Im suprised more growers arent searching them out and trying them is suprising to me but the low responses to this thread might indicate that they arent really doing that.

Of course, with this strain there are a couple of phenos and the NL pheno finishes a week sooner than the skinnier pheno.

My dates are april 25 and Oct 14. I usually start planting the last week of april. I can easily go until the 3rd week of Oct, but deer hunters, diminishing weather and rapidly dying indiginous vegitation , I like to harvest by 10/1 and no later than the 15th.

B

Brad

ive grown out early girl twice and a hybrid...all were a disapointment...trust me brother some of us are putting in the work to develop new and reliable northern seedlines...the strains are out there,hundreds of them

sativa92

DUTCH TREAT...finishes between sept..15th and oct 1st.around 40-41 lat..yeilds decently, and is potent...supposed to be 80%afghani, i dont know what the other 20 % is and cant find any info on it.. but heres a couple of shitty pics(sorry my adrenaline was pumping and hands were shakey)

hamstring

Veteran
Silver Back

Thanks again appreciate your patience; I am really considering the BBxNL. It's hard to find some really potent strains that finish end of Sept. A few of the well knows have been big disappointments at least to me. Passion 1 and Shaman lacked in potency so I make it point to try and get some first hand growing knowledge on strains before putting your hard earned coin down for them.

Do have any idea if it requires lots of trimming (leaf to bud ratio)?

Not trying to step on your toes here but why haven’t you grown it before you seam to like the strain? What’s keeping you from throwing down some of these beans is there something you do not like about it?

BreederBrad2

I here you on the early strains brother I appreciate your work over at unleashthegreen and I am definitely going to give some of the AK99xFL a try. Which do you think has better potency AK99XFL or the Mighty Durban or should I ask which one do you prefer?

B

Brad

there both great,but ill go with ak99Xfreisland cuz thats the momma i kept,it has a great fruity/berry smell,purple streaks,great taste and head bangin stone.plus she is chunky

G

Hi everybody.

You know BreederBrad2, you are the 3rd person who has said that about EG from Sensi and I am so puzzled. I'm certainly aware that people have highly individualist experiences but generally speaking, you would think a strain would have at least similar results from one grower to the next. Early girl from sensi , Im curious, were yours a single stick? No side branching exceeding 3"?

Ive gotten someting called Texada Timewarp from Peak seeds, Im hoping it has some similarities to the cutting. Ill report on it.

I know you and others are pushing hard to break the maturation barriers. I wish your work was more available for worldwide shipping. I keep reading acclimades and good reports and I would love to test them out in different outside conditions here at 38 degrees but to this point, no luck. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey hamstring, I havent grown BBNL out because a fellow grower who grows commercially has been growing it for several years and I didn't have to grow it. I just traded him for something else that I had grown. Like a lot of commercial growers, once they find a potent, good producing stain that people like, they grow that strain over and over. There arent' as many of those as you might think. Well, hes going with a trainwreck plant for a while and if i want any of this I'll have to grow it myself.

Topping, well i wouldn't top the NL pheno because it is already dense and heavy. Topping would exacerbate that condition if mould is an issue. The other Pheno, is skinny with much less yeild and more blueberry effect in coloring and taste. The skinnier pheno is more potent and would qualify as headstash in anyones stash, but she don't produce much and topping will help her.

Sativa92, I grew out Dutch treat x hashplant from East Island, it was pretty good. I've heard DT is almost as good for breeding as mighty mite is. Im considering looking form a male. Yours look good.

clearcutter

I was happy with the Early Girl from Homegrown Fantaseeds. Naturally brachy and it finished around the begining of September.
Deep Warp is another good early strain, imo.

B

Brad

the early girl i grew was a good producer,just what it produced was very mediocre buds.I need strong/pleasent buds and eg just cant provide the releif i need.there could be a decent pheno but ive moved on.Timewarp hybrids are great,they just are'nt the clone.i have no idea why companies capitalize on a clone name when there seeds with the same name are nothing like the clone?...Peak seeds among others label there seeds timewarp..when really its timewarp X insert male here...so really not timewarp...then people clone there seeds and start calling there best clone timewarp..very misleading.As for my genetics goin worldwide,id be more then happy to,but i have not a distributer that ships worldwide,so y'all should bother seedboutique about carrying my stuff.seedbay isnt an option for me.And I wont front my seeds out...breeding outside aint cheap.

G

Good info clearcutter, tell us about that HGF strain.. I like HGF's work and Ive been interested in their EG. Is it an autoflowerer or just photop sensitive? You say branchy, what was its height and girth - what was your yield?

When did your Deep warp finish and who sells it?

What is your lattitude clearcutter?

Last edited: