What's new

PBP IS NOT ORGANIC!!!!

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Doesn't matter.

"People will be who they are, thats what makes the world really go round. Negative thoughts are a waste of mind. Verbal conflict is a waste of words."

Last edited:

Wait...What?

Veteran
Botanicare will be releasing an organic line named "Organicare" shortly, if it isn't out already. They're already advertising it.

Just because someone didn't pay for the OMRI listing or USDA/Iowa/Oregon Tilth doesn't mean its not organic. It just means its not CERTIFIED organic. The difference is subtle, yet distinct.

Last edited:

Wait...What?

Veteran
Don't get all butt hurt, I was agreeing with you - hence the post opening with a statement regarding something they're putting out that actually IS organic.

G

so celcius you are saying that when someone is using Pure Blend Pro grow and bloom they might as well be using General Hydroponics FLORA GMB or sensi grow, or B.C. line from technaflora.

im not opposing or agreeing with any one im asking simply casue i use PBP and also have AN 2+ program and GH flora series and technafloras stuff.

i just bought the PBP for use on ocean forrest soil thinking it will be organic and harder to overfertilze casue PBP is organic, or so i was told

id thought that if it was organic it would react better with the soil and micro life, than if u was going to use one of my many synthetic alternatives i have on hand.

help clear this up for me clesius, thank you

also if i use and organic soil like ocean forest and build a healthy microlife with pirahna and tarantula and voodoo juice. and then use sythetics to feed the plants with like sensi grow or flora GMB would it hurt the microlife in the soil and would the micro life beable to thrive if fed with strictly synthetic nutes and also fed from time to time some carbs or molasses. like sweet or sugar daddy or flora nectar or carboload?

sophisto

Truth be told........PBP-does a great job though just un-organically..

Canna Bio is also a great nutrient for Organics. The ingredients are actually Vegan...

DrLongbottom

Veteran
I dont see how a naturally occurring mineral(s) [The Carbonates] cannot be deemed organic.....perhaps omri tests are flawed for these types of tests? DLB

SuperBudz

Smoke Two Joints In The Morning!
ICMag Donor
Purblend Pro does have organic elements in it as well. As long as you flush your plants correctly, anyone can have tasty herb. Organic or not. Cheers. SB

ElGato

Veteran
from the botanicare website

PURE BLEND Pro ™
One Part, Stand Alone Hydro-organic Plant Food

PURE BLEND ™ Pro is a hydro-organic vegetative and fruit and flower formula which is a specialty custom blend of organic and natural sources of the essential major, secondary, and trace minerals in 100% soluble form from the land and sea. PURE BLEND ™ Pro produces vigorous lush green vegetation and superior fruits, flowers, and vegetables. When compared to conventional chemical fertilizers, PURE BLEND ™ Pro will provide increased nutritional values and is a healthy, environmentally friendly alternative.

Benefits of using PURE BLEND ™ Pro:
• Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as a urea and high concentrates of ammonia nitrate.
• Eliminates the danger of exposing plants (and ultimately the consumer) to toxic heavy metals such as arsenic, mercury, selenium, etc. which often occur as contaminates in conventional chemical fertilizers.
• The organic components of PURE BLEND ™ Pro enhance uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
• Plants acquire increased pathogen resistance and hardiness.
• Metabolic rate and capacity is greatly amplified enabling the grower to produce fruits and vegetables that contain greater amounts of minerals and vitamins that are crucial
for human nutrition.
• The budding, flowering, fruiting capacity of plants is greatly increased.

Derived From:
Fish meal, composted sea bird guano, sea kelp, spirulina, soybean protein extract, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, humic acid*, fulvic acid*, citric acid*, raw sugar cane*, Agrimineral 72 (silica clay extract)*, ami no acids*, B-complex vitamins*, and select botanical plant extracts*.
*Non plant food ingredients

iirc the only thing keeping pureblend pro from getting an OMRI listing is agrimineral 72

and btw omri listings dont mean squat

omri said:
About OMRI
The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is a national nonprofit organization that determines which input products are allowed for use in organic production and processing. OMRI Listed—or approved—products may be used on operations that are certified organic under the USDA National Organic Program.

OMRI's funding comes from a variety of sources, including sales of publications, grants, donations, and subscriptions. Mainly, however, the organization generates income through fees collected for the review of products intended for use in organic production or processing. Also, OMRI operates an organic seed information service to help growers find organic seeds.

companys have to pay to be "OMRI" listed.......there
are plenty of organic fertilizer manufacturers/suppliers products that are not "OMRI" listed
no pay....no listing
dosent mean the product is good/bad or indifferent....just means it has been certified organic by OMRI

http://www.omri.org/

Gato

Texas Kid

Q: What is the ideal pH?
A: Between 5.8 and 6.2

Q: What should my ppm read during each phase of growth?
A: It is hard to get true reading when using organic nutrients. When using inorganic salts this is a general ppm guideline:

Seedlings 500 ppm
Mid Size 900 ppm
Mature 1300 ppm
Fruiting/Flowering 1500 ppm
Aggressive 1800 ppm
Super Aggressive 2400 ppm

Q: Which American Agritech products are completely organic?
A: Liquid Karma, Pureblend, Pureblend Pro, Clearex, and Activit are each completely organic.

Q: Can I use humic or fulvic acid with Liquid Karma or Pure Blend Pro?
A: No, it is already available in Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro.

Q: What is the ideal water temperature?
A: Between 68° and 72° F.

Q: Can I use hydrogen peroxide with Hydroguard?
A: No, hydrogen peroxide will kill off the beneficial microorganisms present in Hydroguard.

Q: Can I use hydrogen peroxide with Pure Blend Pro or Liquid Karma?
A: No, hydrogen peroxide will kill off the beneficial microorganisms present in Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma.

Q: What is the difference between Power Series and the Pure Blend Pro line?
A: Pure Blend Pro is organic and Power Series is bio-organic with a combination of organic additives and inorganic salts.

Q: How is Triflex different from other 3 part formulas?
A: Triflex is unique because it contains a vast array of organic additives that are not present in other custom formulas. Triflex is formulated with vitamins, amino acids, liquid compost, seaweed, humic acid, fulvic acid, and tissue culture ingredients.

Q: How are your trays different from others on the market?
A: Our trays are made from extra thick, high impact, virgin ABS plastic with UV inhibitors and have a smooth/smooth finish. They are available in white or panda (black on inside and white on outside.)

Q: When should I use Cal-Mag?
A: Cal-Mag can be used all the way from the vegetative stage to the fruiting and flowering stages.

Q: When should I use Hydroplex?
A: Hydroplex should be used in the last 2-3 weeks of fruiting and flowering.

Q: Why should I use Pure Blend Pro Soil?
A: If you are growing in soil, clay colloidal particles bind up phosphorous and the microbes in the soil compete for phosphorus. So, this formula has double the phosphorus as the regular hydro-organic formula. You can also use Pure Blend Pro Soil as a ripening formula in hyro-organics during the last few weeks of flowering.

Q: What is so unique about your coir fiber?
A: Our coir fiber has very low salt content, is aged a minimum of 18 months and has finished its decomposition stage. In addition, it is not chemically treated, has an extremely high air content, has extra long fibers and is double sifted to reduce dust.

Q: How often should I change my reservoir water?
A: You should change your reservoir water every few weeks.

Q: Can I leave an aeroponics system running all the time or should I use a cycle timer?
A: These are both are optional. If you decide to run on a cycle timer, 1 minute on 4 minutes off is ideal.

Q: What is the difference between Pure Blend Original and Pure Blend Pro?
A: Pureblend Original is an organic compost solution to be used as a supplement with standard plant foods. Pureblend Pro is a hydro-organic, stand alone plant food to be used as the primary fertilizer and is beneficial for both hydrogardens as well as soil gardens.

Q: Do you top off with straight water or with nutrients added?
A: Add 20-25 % nutrients to the topped off water.

Q: What is the difference between Blast Off and Liquid Karma?
A: Liquid Karma contains all of the ingredients in Blast Off plus organic additives such as liquid compost, seaweed, humic acid and fulvic acid.

sophisto

Mr Celsius said:
Yup, if you know how to use mineral based fertilizers, they all do a great job.

I've wanted to try BioCanna, but the price is soo high. $30 for 1 liter and you feed 20ml to 10L.... no thanks.

The new batch apparently has a new regime as far as dosing goes...I say bullshit as my bro used it according to the new label and had some significant tip burn....

My dosing has been between 6-10 ml per gallon so that would be approximately 2-5 a liter... The Flores is at a strict 15..I have been using it at 9-12 per gallon.......

One can easily get 40 (8-9 week strain) plants through on two liters at $28 and change a bottle I think it's not bad... 56$ the entire run...

I do not use their other products though...I rely on teas to give me all the boosters and microbes and other nutrient profiles I need at different stages...

Note the Flores kinda smells like Worcshtechire sauce....????

all I know is I use PBP and my plants grow very well and the buds burn clean and taste organic in the end. IT is about as organic as you an get for a stand-alone nutrient. Don't knock it cause it pretty much does a good job at doing what it has to do without much ph adjustment as long as you have a solid mix.

Mr Celsius said:
I'm happy you like the way your plants grow and taste. I don't accept that "IT is about as organic as you an get for a stand-alone nutrient." Maybe you don't read but I listed on Post #1 that there are many other options. Please don't ever call your buds organic, they aren't.

nor did I ever call them Organic so relax son, I think you are taking this way too seriously. So it isn't 100% organic, wooopy dee frickin doo. It works and it works well that is all that matters.

pseudostelariae

does my use of pro-mix negate my otherwise entirely organic grow? i don't see anything that refers to it being organic on the bag. definitely not certified. does soil not matter?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PBP is organically based. It has added nutrients which makes it not 100% true organic. However, if you grew with GH, but wanted a little more organic taste, you'd add some organics to the solution. This is the basic idea behind PBP. Most of the ingredients in PBP are not immediately available to plants because they need to break down in the organic process, but some of the ingredients are available immediately because they are already in chemical form. PBP is a good fertilizer, achieving organic-like taste, but I wouldn't call it 100% organic. It's organically-based.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
psudo, Pro-Mix is an innert medium, which means it's not organic until you add organic matter to it. Pro-Mix can be made organic by adding organic material, but Pro-Mix is also good when you use it alone, with chemical fertilizer.

bakelite

Crazy Composer said:
PBP is a good fertilizer, achieving organic-like taste, but I wouldn't call it 100% organic. It's organically-based.

CC, I think that you hit the nail on the head. The issue here is that some people appear to view things as either black or white. If 2% of a product is not OMRI certified that it isn't organic. Technically speaking yes that is correct but is it correct to call that product synthetic or chem based? I agree such products should be referred to as organic based or pseudo/quasi organic.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Who really cares?

Who really cares?

If yer happy with the end results,that's all that matters.I think some folks are jus way to anal about these things....You do what makes you happy and I'll do the same.Take care..BC