What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

post your SCROG and LST plant pics

vindiesel

Veteran
i'm undecided between going regular, LST or SCROG on 1st try. everyday it's a different decision. :bashhead: i think scrog would be best, seems easy and supposedely good yields... :joint:
growtent is 5 cubic ft (36"WX20"DX5'H) w/ 4 plants and 250CMH...have paradise ice cream and bogglegum which i will pick 1 of. LETS SEE THOSE SHOTS!!! :joint: thanks...
vin

greenhead

Veteran
Northern Lights, LST'ed on my last grow, 150 watt HPS.

2057610-8_4.png

:joint: :wave:

pseudostelariae

here is strawberry cough LST'd, though i wouldn't recommend topping or training this variety. it did not seem to respond well. next time i think i'm going to try "lollipopping"

HeresTheDank

These are my babies about 3 weeks veggin, ive only been veggin em for a week but i think they were going for about 2 after they were taken as clones. Can i start tying them now to LST, or do i need to top them first?

Mrpiston38

no need to top them i just lst the crap out of them and get as many colas as i can just pin the top and then once the lower braches get taller then the main on i pin them back as well and just over and over till i got a mass on my bb i had over 20 colas and i fimmed her once..

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
TheBEAK said:
Three LST'ed Sadhu's at 58 Days. Grown under 250W HPS.

Right before the chop.

Just so you know, that's not LST. It's cropping (aka topping). LST is bending the main stem over and growing it horizontally.

Here's my Scrog 5.5 weeks into a 17 week flowering period

HeresTheDank

well one on of my two, i topped em, not sure if i did it correctly. on the top where it V's and theres a new node in the middle of it, i cut that off. not sure if its correct or not , and tied it sideways a bit with some wire. the other plant i just tied over without topping. we'll see how that goes

FarOut

Nice Plants Greenhead :rasta:

Good explination FreezerBoy :rasta:

pseudostelariae What's wrong with those results? I have some SC on the grow and will see what i can do with them :rasta:

Here are some photos of Soma's NYCD LST'd. The first photo is not the same plant as the ones that follow but it started out like this one, so you get an idea.

This is the first picture i took of her. The photo was taken after cropping all the undergrowth, sorry i didn't take a before photo. I cut away more of the plant than what you see here, cutting away anything that would not get full light. This was done at 3 Daze 12-12

This photo is the same girl 3 Daze later @ 6 Daze 12-12 and you can see she was not hurt by the heavy cropping.

And here she is @ 15 Daze 12-12

And @ 23 Daze

And @ 30 Daze

The main reason i prefer LST is the mobility of the plants, but they also seem to put out Heaps of Quality buds :rasta:

FarOut :rasta:

TheBEAK

FreezerBoy said:
Just so you know, that's not LST. It's cropping (aka topping). LST is bending the main stem over and growing it horizontally.

They were never topped.
Only trained.

P

perakko

very nice lst:ing farout!

here's some of my own effort...

white russian:

nlxbb:

white widow:

vindiesel

Veteran
nice pics guys, LST does seem more of a PITA than SCROG....., no?
freezerboy, is that your first scrog, u like, and will u scrog again. if i had to guess what i'm gonna do, i would say either just top or scrog...not sure yet.

I

Iron_Lion

vindiesel said:
nice pics guys, LST does seem more of a PITA than SCROG....., no?
freezerboy, is that your first scrog, u like, and will u scrog again. if i had to guess what i'm gonna do, i would say either just top or scrog...not sure yet.

I dunno, I LST and everything stays contained to one pot, so its not too hard to water, rotate and work on each individual plant. A SCROG with multiple plants under one large screen seems like it would be a pain in the @ss to water.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Yes, this is my first scrog. NGB's Overgrow thread started a major overhaul on my freezer (along with the CMH thread here) So I wanted to try it his way first. Though, I did swap SWC for DWC.

With one plant it's no pain at all. Every day, I find a dozen shoots or more poking through the screen and I poke them back under, steering them towards the edge. Next day, they're all above the screen again. One square further out. Their side shoots will fill in the center.

I was never a fan of topping but, Farout's got me thinking on it. Ultimately, the effect is much the same, producing an even canopy. I think the probability is that Scrog will pack more buds per inch than topping but, requires more time to fill the screen. However, with a 17+ week flower period for T*Haze x Skunk, I have plenty of time.

vindiesel

Veteran
so when u scrog u pop shoots back under screen(as they shoot up), and shoot them u nder screen goin sideways...?

Latest posts

Latest posts