What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GH A.M.S/Himalayan G Fems

G

Has anyone grown either of these strains or have experience with Greenhouse feminized. Ive done some searches but most of the threads are filled with personal assesments of Arjans personality. I respect all responses but I hope comments will be strain or result focused as opposed to Arjans personal attributes. If you had negative results don't hesitate to say so, but generally i hope comments can be kept to product asssement.

Ive seen the OD strainguide, I hope that grower will ring in. Any help?

supersonic

hi silverback.

i think you saw my description in OD strainguide and it is as is writen there. I enyojed the bud from himalaya gold, relaxation-long lasting high without couchlock, good potency but not killer bud, spicy smell and taste. Plants are uniform, don't stretch much in flowering, they don't like nutes and they are early, finished at the end of sept at 46N, they grow like a bush, branches upwards, so at the end those lowest branches are in height of the main bud, medium yield.. I missed mould resistance but the weather was really bad... all in all good strain and relatively cheap, one of candidates for this year...

G

thanx ss, thats a good report on HG in the guide. I thought your report on Aurora indica was right on as well. I cast a different eye towards nirvana seeds after growing AI.

I am curious about stability and consistency.Did you see any tendency to hermie? Find any seeds in smoke? I didn't notice you mentioning variation- much difference? What was your final height? What date did you set out the plants? Did you start them indoors? How about vigor, she seem slow or strong and healthy?

I may give the AMS a try as well. For that price its hard to resist

supersonic

hi again..

they were stabil, all the same, no variation..there were no male flowers and no seeds... they were put out sometime in june if I remember correct, and firstly they grew vigourosly and strong but then came nutes burn and they slowed down. they were fed with light doses of plagron alga but they didn't like it at all and for a while they stoped growing (+ the roots may have been cooked, because they have been planted in such place that it was possible to be to hot for roots)...final height was about 130cm, but without burning and if started earlier they could probably arrive at 250cm, realatively short internode distance and good branching.. they were started outdoors. they look like in ghs co. youtube video.

I have one off-topic question for you... How is potency compared between aurora indica and sensi star.. is sensi star much stronger than AI?? (i doubt)

all the best...

ss

G

Thank you SS, thats a great help. Im going for the HG and I think a pack of the AMS as well.

No, the star isn't as potent but the effects are very different. The AI had a very heavy day ending, parties over sort of high. My wife calls the strain "Time Out" because she says it sits her on the couch just like she did our kids when they were little and being b ad.

Sensi star has a much more complex high that can initially result in euforia, bursts of energy and socialization. After you smoke her for a whille you'll discover a range of pleasant effects. The high is very pleasurable but not always the same. These positive and fun aspects of the star fade into couchlock after 45 minutes or so.

Shes potent though, there is no question about that. With 60 days of cure, she'll panic a moderate smoker and send a light smoker to the bathroom.

Most people believe the sativa pheno, which is easily identified, is more potent and more mould resistant. It is more mould resistant but takes up to 10 days longer to finish. This plant will mould under very wet conditions and especially the cabbaggy indica pheno.

I grow her every year and to be honest, SS and Maple leaf are about all i smoke anymore. I grow 6-8 strains each year and for the past five years Ive grown a total of 33 mostly indica strains all of which would be considered name brands. At the end of each of those years with a good selection of smoke, youll find me smoking the SS and the MLI. I keep looking for better smoke but with no success so far.

2 phenos, indica much more dense and hard to trim.
Sativa, tends to grow single cola with a high calx to leaf ratio and super crystally. Fuzzy with trichs. I know other people have had different results but I have never had a plant of either pheno exceed 1.5 meters. Shes nute sensitive in a pot and you'll burn her in a minute but in the great outdoors you can tie the feed bag around her neck.

Hope theres something here you can use. Call anytime. Thanx for the GH info.

Thanx for the response Mr. Pyrex. We'll have to compare our results at the end of the season on the Outdoor Strain guide.

Last edited:

supersonic

thanx for help silverback...

my primary goal is to find some heavy, day ending indica as AI is, because I prefer to smoke in the evening.. I have some 20 Medicine Man beans, today I've decided that AI is for sure on the list and If I'll have enough money I'll try Sensi Star feminised, I like what you wrote and I'm sure that I'll find some heavy stone in those beans..And there is high possibility that I'll grow Himalaya Gold in cornfield, because of branching upwards so they may get plenty of sun...

all the best and thanx again...

ss

Latest posts

Latest posts