in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Blunt69 & the White Widow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Blunt69 & the White Widow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2008, 06:36 PM #1
Blunt_69
the keeper of the creeper

Blunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the rough
Blunt69 & the White Widow

Hello to everybody Happy New YEAR!!As you may or may not know, I was given a new strain to play with not to long ago. I will be running a mixed batch of my rock solid northern lights strain. As well, 3 very fine White Widow ladies.

I finally got off my lazy ass and transplanted my girls into the perment home.

I run what i have called the magic tray system. I use tap water and do not change out rez water frequently, as a general rule of thumb.I also run the bare minimum for nutrients profile running the Lucas formula with but one additive "hydrozyme". I have found this combination to give me the desired results consistently and stable.

I run 6 plants at a time in a semi automated enviroment which is not perfect, but is getting closer to perfection. My system is not sealed and uses in/out fans to circulate air.

My systems primary purpose is to supply one pothead with enough product throughout the year perpetually every 3 months.

Couple of pictures of the girls going through hydro transplant shock.

Last edited by Blunt_69; 03-08-2008 at 07:31 PM..
Blunt_69 is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 AM #2
dubracer

dubracer will become famous soon enough
Hello again Blunt! I took a half year hiatus from this site but its great to see you are still at it with the same tricks. I am very interested to see your impression of the Widow. I am not a fan of it at all, and I had trouble with it (insane growth and weight, but not the potency and taste I desired). But I have seen it done so well too so this will be exciting for me.

Check out this picture from my latest recirculating DWC I just did. No water changes (except to flush). 15 weeks start to finish.
dubracer is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 AM #3
ogenko
OverGrow the NWO

ogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura about
rock the magic trays again!!
saved 3 spots for the good ol' northern lights.
that stuff really liked the magic trays
hope the widow likes them as much..

Last edited by ogenko; 01-28-2008 at 04:33 PM..
ogenko is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 AM #4
Blunt_69

Blunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the roughBlunt_69 is a jewel in the rough
Waddup guys!!! Thanks to you both for stopping in to check out yet another run with my tray system.. Yeah I had to keep some NL around... Just to dang predictable now....lol it grows huge everytime!!

Ah yes the widow.. It is a 8 week strain (most say 10),Just like the NL. So it should slide in nicely with them. Ive been wanting to try another heavy hitter, thanks god to friends!!

Just added a new type of airstones to my three trays today... My never ending saga continues for airstones that dont clog......sigh...those flexy weighted foam bubble walls things suck.... these new type ones were 4$ a piece... cheap.... Hopefully they do the trick cheaper then that last shit crap!!!lol!!... The bottom Rez will also be supplied with more 02, with my new fancy pump, in total five individual air zones...

Another change i have made is to lengthen the drip times; a change from last round.I have found and should have seen it comming.. The more you drip.. the thicker the root mass becomes in the BUCKET... This is no good as i want a bulk of the rootmass to go into the trays. I also want good bucket growth(max rootmass). So I have gone back to my initial feed schedule every 3 hours for 7 minutes..part of the 4th morph of the trays will be to recirculate internal to tray system as well control drip.

Last edited by Blunt_69; 01-29-2008 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 AM #5
ogenko
OverGrow the NWO

ogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura aboutogenko has a spectacular aura about
i'm not gonna blink
i seen your other runs and they go fast
Quote:
I use tap water and do not change out rez water frequently, as a general rule of thumb
i was thinking about going no res change on my run
sounds like you feel you might have to change the res out a time or two??
ogenko is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2008, 11:09 PM #6
Blunt_69

Quote:
i'm not gonna blink
i seen your other runs and they go fast
Well... now yes they do.. but still not as fast as i'd like, ideally harvesting this amount every month would be wicked....but im not a greedy person!! at least not today anyways!!lol, eventually i will be putting this into action when i move locations.

I do not recommend anyone try to run with no rez changes unless they have the ability to watch the ppm levels(like a hawk) and the system will support this style of growing. I use a trimeter and yes I do flush and changeout if i see weird levels or, strange things begin to happen. I know what to expect and how to change it when it happens.. If your up to it i say fly at er..

Last edited by Blunt_69; 02-02-2008 at 03:03 AM..

Old 02-02-2008, 04:37 PM #7
Blunt_69

Alright 6 days later, and they are almost finished recovery mode... The WW is taking off faster then the NL.....hmmmmm sayes I...lol

Have an excellent weekend chaps!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:53 PM #8
Sleepy

Sleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud of
taggin' in...last time was a blast.
Sleepy is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 PM #9
ogenko
OverGrow the NWO

Quote:
My systems primary purpose is to supply one pothead with enough product throughout the year perpetually every 3 months.
that should be a famous quote someday!
sleepy: i wish that cowbell gif had sound to it!!!

Last edited by ogenko; 02-02-2008 at 11:13 PM..
ogenko is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM #10
Blunt_69

Hey hey sleepy ...your not so sleepy as you are one of the first to pull up a chair in my threads!!Hope you guys enjoy this round, I know i will!!

On a side note I found a VERY COOOL INLINE TDS METER. I was searching for some fish supplies an i bumped into it.This thing is almost cooler then my trimeter as it has the ability to monitor two seperate locations... Its cheaper then a tds pen and adjustable.I think i will buy one(even though i dont need it) I love my gadgets!!

https://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1891

Last edited by Blunt_69; 02-03-2008 at 03:48 PM..