What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunt69 & the White Widow

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Hello to everybody Happy New YEAR!!As you may or may not know, I was given a new strain to play with not to long ago. I will be running a mixed batch of my rock solid northern lights strain. As well, 3 very fine White Widow ladies.

I finally got off my lazy ass and transplanted my girls into the perment home.

I run what i have called the magic tray system. I use tap water and do not change out rez water frequently, as a general rule of thumb.I also run the bare minimum for nutrients profile running the Lucas formula with but one additive "hydrozyme". I have found this combination to give me the desired results consistently and stable.

I run 6 plants at a time in a semi automated enviroment which is not perfect, but is getting closer to perfection. My system is not sealed and uses in/out fans to circulate air.

My systems primary purpose is to supply one pothead with enough product throughout the year perpetually every 3 months.

Couple of pictures of the girls going through hydro transplant shock.

9118wwnl.jpg

9118wwnl3.jpg

Last edited:

dubracer

Hello again Blunt! I took a half year hiatus from this site but its great to see you are still at it with the same tricks. I am very interested to see your impression of the Widow. I am not a fan of it at all, and I had trouble with it (insane growth and weight, but not the potency and taste I desired). But I have seen it done so well too so this will be exciting for me.

Check out this picture from my latest recirculating DWC I just did. No water changes (except to flush). 15 weeks start to finish.

ogenko

rock the magic trays again!!
saved 3 spots for the good ol' northern lights.
that stuff really liked the magic trays
hope the widow likes them as much..

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Waddup guys!!! Thanks to you both for stopping in to check out yet another run with my tray system.. Yeah I had to keep some NL around... Just to dang predictable now....lol it grows huge everytime!!

Ah yes the widow.. It is a 8 week strain (most say 10),Just like the NL. So it should slide in nicely with them. Ive been wanting to try another heavy hitter, thanks god to friends!!

Just added a new type of airstones to my three trays today... My never ending saga continues for airstones that dont clog......sigh...those flexy weighted foam bubble walls things suck.... these new type ones were 4$ a piece... cheap.... Hopefully they do the trick cheaper then that last shit crap!!!lol!!... The bottom Rez will also be supplied with more 02, with my new fancy pump, in total five individual air zones...

Another change i have made is to lengthen the drip times; a change from last round.I have found and should have seen it comming.. The more you drip.. the thicker the root mass becomes in the BUCKET... This is no good as i want a bulk of the rootmass to go into the trays. I also want good bucket growth(max rootmass). So I have gone back to my initial feed schedule every 3 hours for 7 minutes..part of the 4th morph of the trays will be to recirculate internal to tray system as well control drip.

Last edited:

ogenko

i'm not gonna blink
i seen your other runs and they go fast
I use tap water and do not change out rez water frequently, as a general rule of thumb
i was thinking about going no res change on my run
sounds like you feel you might have to change the res out a time or two??

Blunt_69

Veteran
i'm not gonna blink
i seen your other runs and they go fast

Well... now yes they do.. but still not as fast as i'd like, ideally harvesting this amount every month would be wicked....but im not a greedy person!! at least not today anyways!!lol, eventually i will be putting this into action when i move locations.

I do not recommend anyone try to run with no rez changes unless they have the ability to watch the ppm levels(like a hawk) and the system will support this style of growing. I use a trimeter and yes I do flush and changeout if i see weird levels or, strange things begin to happen. I know what to expect and how to change it when it happens.. If your up to it i say fly at er..

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Alright 6 days later, and they are almost finished recovery mode... The WW is taking off faster then the NL.....hmmmmm sayes I...lol

9118leftside.jpg

9118rightside.jpg

Have an excellent weekend chaps!

ogenko

My systems primary purpose is to supply one pothead with enough product throughout the year perpetually every 3 months.
that should be a famous quote someday!
sleepy: i wish that cowbell gif had sound to it!!!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Hey hey sleepy ...your not so sleepy as you are one of the first to pull up a chair in my threads!!Hope you guys enjoy this round, I know i will!!

On a side note I found a VERY COOOL INLINE TDS METER. I was searching for some fish supplies an i bumped into it.This thing is almost cooler then my trimeter as it has the ability to monitor two seperate locations... Its cheaper then a tds pen and adjustable.I think i will buy one(even though i dont need it) I love my gadgets!!

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1891

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Hey thanks for the tid bit on alita... yeah i remeber sombody posting this stuff awhile back... Think it was Blind date, fnally it comes around again ive searched high and low..!!lol.. I have sent alita supplier an email already!!

give these ladies 3-4 weeks and they will be completely turned around people, its how blunt does it lol....

lolol...no doubt my shit always starts that way hey!!lololol... Ah well. Im not worried.. Like you say... It only takes a few weeks for my babies to recover!Actually these are in fairley good shape compared to the last round!!lol. Had a look.. Roots are begining to make there way down into the trays!Here we go!!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Well time for my mid week update!!! I have bumped my nutes up a bit, systems stats currently are ppm : 640, ph:6.2, temp(lower trays) 62.

The girls are finally turning around, hasent been quite two weeks, today i am showcasing what early early pruning will accomplish in a garden.

I have two plants with 3 main stalks, the rest are 2 stalks per plant. Big bud is produced by big stalk, the larger your stalk mass the bigger the buds will be. So I try to have a minimum of two main stalks per plant = 2 or more massive colas, that is when im on the ball!!lol

enough yapping heres the progress!

91183stalk.jpg

91183stalk345.jpg

9118twostalk2354.jpg

91182stalks.jpg

91182salks234.jpg

91182stalks.jpg

9118airsupply3425098.jpg

As you can see i use cheap inexpensive air pumps to supply my stones with air. By far the Elite 802 series, is the most durable/best bang for your buck. The maxima is a new type im trying... These are dual output pumps coupled together providing air to one air strip stone.

Have a great week folks, thats it for this week
shot of the room!
9118muchbetter.jpg

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Looks like it is almost time for take off. I like to take the sad parts off earlier, girls seem to agree, but I reckon you always get em happy your way, have fun.
H

ogenko

it's good to see you haven't let the peer pressure make you change those feeder lines
if it ain't broke . . . . . . . . . =)

Blunt_69

Veteran
Haha... Like i always say... its a non issue.I dont care how it looks, it doesnt clog, i have that problem with stones!! hell people get more alge buildup using rockwool!! The feeder hoses and feeder line was all custom made, once i acually spend the money for a real feeder supply line.. the feeder hoses will be black.

Haps - my man! thanks for clicking my new thread man, always taking helpful input from everyone!!Yeah. I normally do take off the youngin crap.. but havent got around to it... next photo shoot i promise lolol..

take care folks!

Blunt_69

Veteran
Well I havent been in the room since the last photo update...the White Widow is taking the feeding alongside the NL with no issues, this is a good sign!! The plants are also all the same size with exception to one WW that seems to be outpacing everything!!

Roots have hit the trays, and are now starting to grow stupidly fast.. hopefully i can flick these babies into flower by the 20th.

here are some updated pictures. Did a little pruning and cleanup work as well. I am extreamly happy with how the WW is intergrating into the system, its almost hard to tell which is which now!!the tips of the leaves are a healthy vibrant green all the way to the tips!! All of this in just 13 days I LOVE MY TRAYS!!!

9118roomye345.jpg

9118tw03245.jpg
91182stalkshel.jpg

91183stalks3412.jpg
9118yeahwwbaby.jpg

Last edited:

libby

Well, iv'e had three cans an a smoke. so forgive me, i see a feed tube? but no pictures of the three tanks? hidden underneath?

why three?

Are the stones airiating(sp) the tanks somewhere?

:redface:

Budweiser13

Hell yeah look at the magic going on in that room, thanks for posting pictures. I love seeing the lucas formula grows..... :rasta: