What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are the actual temps without wind chill factored in. Even though my log home was built in the 60s I still occasionally hear a log 'POP' from the extreme cold. In the winter of '96 we had an actual -60 before any wind chill factoring, so cold you cannot draw a normal breath of air in as your esophagus snaps shut (involuntary reflex) when you try. You must breath through a gloved hand or a stout type of face mask when outside in those temps. Pets must be watched while going outside & not left alone at all.

Car batteries are dead unless you keep them on a charger (like mine tonight) and reluctant to start from SLOW moving oil. I've been going outside to fire up my truck every 3 hours or so tonight to keep it warm as well, I'll be ice fishing in a few hours & don't want any surprises like a dead truck as I don't use the Expedition for ice fishing. I really ought to build a bigger garage for my rides.

Last edited:

B4O2N0G

Its 25 degrees but with the windchill its 16 degrees.Feels good inside though with a heater running and joint/bowl burning.Glad im not in those type of temps.Peace :joint:

supersonic

Strange temperatures we have. through the day it was up to +15C but normal temperatures in january for this area are below zero, up to -30C... some spring flowers are coming out, 2 months to early... I'm afraid that spring will be shitty...

ss

P

perakko

same here, usually around january it's like -20C but now it's been solid +0C for weeks...

shitty, shitty weather.

razer

here in ny: Intermittent clouds Hi: 26F (-3C)/Low: na RealFeel: 16F (-8C)/na Wind: WNW, 12mph Rain: 0.00in Snow: 0.0in Ice: 0.00in UV Index: 2

Tonight: Mostly clear Hi: na/Low: 14F (-10C) RealFeel: na/-10F (-23C) Wind: W, 22mph Rain: 0.00in Snow: 0.0in Ice: 0.00in UV Index: 0

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
only time i saw the news yesterday it was like -6 with -20ish wind chills, i havent seen any fungus gnats in the last three days.

H2o

Well , 30 f during the day , Zero f at nite.
But the baby's are in there sunbathing at a sweet 75 f

Last edited: