Forums > Grow It! > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Romulan x Grapefruit

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds
 Romulan x Grapefruit Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
nick11

nick11 will become famous soon enough
Romulan x Grapefruit

I just ran across this strain the other night and it intrigued me for obvious reasons. Check out the description! Could this possibly have some roadkill pheno's I wonder? Has anyone grown this strain or heard of it, the seeds come from NGSC.

"Top quality hybrid, amazingly strong scent. Grows like the Grapefruit in size ands stature but has a bigger punch and stronger smell due to the Romulan influence. Got nicknamed “stinky” around here. Indoors: 50 days"
nick11 jest offline   Quote

Old 01-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
KushaNator
Suburban Toker

KushaNator is on a distinguished road
I've heard good things about this strain. Romulan has always been strong, and the grapefruit attributes only enhance its strength. Next generation has done lots of good crossing with Romulan. As far as smoking preference goes if I were to buy seeds I would get the Romulan x Hash plant, seems far more potent in terms of the genetic backgrounds. But anyways its going to be killer either way.
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
KushaNator jest offline   Quote

Old 01-13-2008, 03:45 AM   #3
LucyTHC

LucyTHC is on a distinguished road
i've had my eye on both strains, them and barney's sweet tooth are top on my next list unless I win lotto and can afford most expensive strains, rez chemdd is up there too
LucyTHC jest offline   Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
DarthBowl

DarthBowl is on a distinguished road
I'm running some at the moment. It better be freaking awesome when it's flowered.

Don't get me wrong, it's got tones of good sides but I was expecting something more tolerable/stronger than this. Guerilla indoor, for me, requires something that can live through the occasional stress or "out of your control" events. This one didn't do it for me without a good fight. I'm not saying they look like shit but.. you know.. I could have done better.

It's HIGHLY homogeneous. Grown from seeds, they all look the same and pretty much the same size. Indica all over the place, not stretchy, awesome branching. The typical "indica star" looking tops when looked at from a birds eyed view. Purple stems/branches when healthy or sick, lol. The odor strength is more or less normal in vegetation. I'm expecting something WAY stronger soon, as they say it's nicknamed "Stinky" around there.
One thing though, when I rub my fingers on one of them it smells like vicks... but In my experience that don't mean shit.

That's why I say they better be awesome. Yeah they are nice looking and homogeneous but I seen the same in strains that could handle more pressure, lol.
So it better be "out of the ordinary" when it's flowered for me to keep this line.

Chances are it will be, if we consider it's pedigree.
DarthBowl jest offline   Quote

Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
summitoker

summitoker has a spectacular aura aboutsummitoker has a spectacular aura aboutsummitoker has a spectacular aura about
i have had some pretty good luck with next gen beans
this is their Dynamite(SPG bx4)

summitoker jest offline   Quote

Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
DarthBowl

Well after studying a little more.. seems like the people "in the know" are aware of the Romulan's vulnerability to pH fluctuations so... I changed some things here and there in my Romulan X Grapefruit program and the C1 clones are freaking healthy.

Definitly a keeper.. it's a special plant in so many ways. The smell is strong while flowering... I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a roadkill smell but it is pungent. Fruity, grapy, soapy lilac smells... damn man... there's just so many things going on I just can't figure out how to describe it.

These were taken at 23 days of flowering, from seeds (the ones I had a lil bit of problems with).

Next Generation's
Romulan X Grapefruit:

Old 01-31-2009, 03:41 AM   #7
Lucy Diamond

I have the Romulan Diesel in my garden and it's been a keeper.Really packs on the resin in the last 2 weeks.

Darthbowl...what ph did you discover the romulan to prefer?

Summitoker-nice looking Dynas!I love that strain...got some Blue Dynas ready in about 2 weeks time.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:02 AM   #8
DarthBowl

Lucy diamond: Normal soil pH range does just fine. The real important thing is to stay around the same level with no big ups and downs because it'll just stop growing for a while. But it can come back slowly if you're carefull.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
swampthing

swampthing is on a distinguished road
Look really healthy dude, they chunky now?
swampthing jest offline   Quote

Old 02-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
Tolkin Bowls

Tolkin Bowls has a spectacular aura aboutTolkin Bowls has a spectacular aura aboutTolkin Bowls has a spectacular aura about
Those plants look good Darth. I have smoked Grapefruit many times over the years and it is a quality strain. I have never be fortunate enough to smoke Romulan but its reputation speaks for itself. This looks to be a solid offering.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
DarthBowl

I thought I could update this thread with some juicier pictures than the ones I posted previously. Better late than never, lol.

Romulan Grapefruit 45 days into flowering(a.k.a Stinky)