What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Garden - 2008

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:wave:

Hey Everyone...c'mon in!

I'm not too sure I need a big introduction anymore. I've been hanging around on this site long enough that if you've spent time on IC...you've likely bumped into one of my posts/threads/pics.
If you're new here....WELCOME! :smile:

For all my good friends...Welcome to my new thread and new grow. Hopefully, together we can make this work :yes:

The Equipment

Vegetation Cabinet - 60cm(2') Length X 60cm(2') Width X 90cm(3') Height

Lighting - 1 42W "warm" CFL + 1 23W "daylight" CFL + 1 125W 6400K CFL

Ventilation - 2 80mm computer case fans. 1 intake, 1 output

Medium - EWC, Perlite, Epsom Salts, Vermiculite, and usually a bio-max compost or pro-mix organic.

Nutrition - Muskie Fish Ferts 5-1-1, Epsom Salts

Containers - 16oz party cups, then onto whatever I have (usually 1-2G)

* Pics are available in old threads posted in signature

Flower Cab (brand new)
For those of you you have been involved in my past threads...this will be the only change in my grow.
Heres the dimensions and some pics of the new cab - 71cm(28") length X 40cm(16") width X 140cm(55") *These measurements are taken from inside of cab

Lighting - 1 250W HPS + 1 125W 6400K CFL

Ventilation - 1 80mm PC case fan Exhaust + 1 20cm(8") circulation
* Ventilation is subject to alteration

Medium - Same as above with added bone meal *also subject to change this year

Nutrition - Alaskan Fish Ferts 5-10-5

Containers - New flowering containers have not been purchased yet. Planning on going with retangular waste baskets (3)

7622New_Cab_open.jpg

^ In Full operation
- Reflectex insulater and reflectant covered everywhere inside
- Removable footstools give me more space for height disadvantaged plants and place for a small electrical connection (5 outlet power bar)
- ballast, ballast plugs, timer, and exhaust fan outlets all on outside of cab for complete control.

current operation problems:
It currently runs a little warm 30C(85F) - We've been experiencing unseasonably warm weather here now. I plan for it to drop again significantly over the next few days...so all this will change.
For warm weather time solutions I think removing the bat wing reflecter and maybe hanging another PC fan dispersing air from under the bulb I should be successfull.
This will be a year of trials
More temperature problems will arise when I try to figure out how to keep that warmth in when the lights and fans go out.
- It's already fully insulated and almost air tight (besides exhaust...good ol'duct tape)

7622New_Cab_closed.jpg

^^ Here's what it looks like from the outside
- Still not 100% light proof. I added weather stripping between the doors and it's not entirely squished into shape yet. When I put a stool wedged up against the handles of the doors it seals in a lot better. Yet still not 100% I'm not really too worried about this because it's in my garage and noone really goes in there but me.
- You can see ballast to the right of the box...I may eventually cover it with a cardboard box (poke some holes for vent) make it a tad more stealthy.
- Ducting needs to be added to exhaust still, will help light leak there.
- The lights are out in garage and it is completely light proof...don't hafta worry about light leaks getting into cab during lights out.
- Timer controls on top of cab (little black thingy)

Well..that should cover enough about the grow and the new set up to get us started :canabis:

Tommorrow I'll introduce the strains and plants...in the meantime you can check out some of the curing Purple Bastard from last grow of 2007

Thanks for joining me in my new thread...lets make this a kickass 2008!!! :woohoo:

7622Dried_PB_Nugs.jpg

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
wow bro
You wern't kidding when yous said you had the cabinet built, looks good man, very clean

What kind of temps you getting in there?

Looks awesome bro, cannot wait to see that fill in with some trademark TML frostiness

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey T, cab looks sweet. Gotta love the stealth grows, looking forward to seeing some lil ones in there bro. Take care....

B/R

Sleepy

Veteran
got my seat...

got my seat...

damn, its cold in the garage!! :muahaha:

hehehe...nice work on the cab, TML16!!

rock it, bro! :headbange :headbange :headbange

i_score

very clean start this time around hey bro?the cab is awsome, very funcional looking, lets see that maple leaf putting up a nice show!
in the mean wille gess you have to toke on those purple bastard nuggz, what a petty,heheeeh!
best of wishes on this new run bro!

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Great to have some good early comments this Saturday morning!

Dr Dog - I told you she was just about ready :wink:
Temps are a little warm right now..but I'm expecting it to get a little cooler again this week. Temps in garage are usually about 1-2C in winter right now they are up around 4-5C so...should be perfect for winter in there this way.
Summer will be a new adventure.

Black Ra1n - Thanks bro :smile:
Little ones get posted tommorrow...what you think I was going to post it all at the same time? Gotta save stuff for you to look at when you visit :wink:

Sammet - Thanks man :smile:
PB is nice. Only been smoking popcorn like buds as of yet. Very nice, rare taste to it. Kind of like blue slushie, or as garlic describes it "sour". Decent high to it too. Definately satisfying.

Sleepy - Great of ya to stop in :wave:
Damn cold in the garage! but hey...we were in an Igloo before :confused: It's what makes me a snow grower eh!
Thanks bro...commencing rocking :headbange

ash - Thanks! :smile: Stop in and check it anytime

i_score - Nice to hear from you my 250W brother!
Maple Leaf Garden is a play on words actually...it's kind of hard to get if you're not a North American or into Hockey really...long story. No Maple Leaf Indica here if that's what you meant. There will be some interesting strains grown though for sure :yummy:
Glad you like the new cab, Thanks for the well wishes :ying:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Nice TML, Really like the new Flower cab, all you have to do to get those light leaks to go away is to run weather stripping along the bottom and top of the doors, and if possible upgrade your exhaust so that you have some negative pressure that will help you keep the doors nice and closed. I really like what you have going on here, should be fun to watch you own your new cab:headbange keep it up bro I know you will!

-N.Kron:rasta:

K

Karma Genetics

I am seated let the show begin.
I love closet grows they are most times for persenal smoke so people give it that litle extra atention. Good luck with your grow

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: Hello TML16, I just been at the igloo but i saw the CLOSED sighn hehe, so i made my way through here :lurk: .. First of all congrats for those Delisciouse bud-shots of ur harvest :bow: , they sure look danky :rasta: . I'm having some troubles myself too about my grow at these times & i moved them in my spare wardrobe like u did but not as sofisticated as yours, still haven't installed the fan & i need to make them better ventilation....
Well done on your new grow-drobe my freind :canabis: all looks nice & in order. I'm takin a seat here :joint: , sounds like u got somethin great comin up this year :headbange good luck & take care bro!

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:jawdrop: Holy shiite TML, im glad i stopped by when i did. Better get a seat now!!! I feel all giddy being here from the beginning this time 'round... :rasta: I have to say, im sorry the igloo is closed, but the Maple Leaf looks to be even better !!!! :asskick: the new cab looks great, as does those PB buds and everything else. Take care bro and good luck with this grow. Ill be here every step of the way!!!!!Peace canuck!!

- Zeus

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:wave: Another group of great replies!

NK - Thanks for the tips bro :yes:
I may have to upgrade the exhaust still...you're right. I figured being in the Canadian cold, I would need minimal cooling. It'll be a game I'll be playing and figuring out for a bit.
Kitchen/Bathroom exhaust or inline fan might be in my future :confused:
Glad to have you for the ride in the new thread!

Karma Genetics- Thank You :smile: Welcome!
Definately purely personal. I'm a minimalist. Whatever I can do to aide mother nature in supplying me with my medicine.
Great to have you seated...we will be passing around the canna-treats momentarily :ying:

praisehim. - Thanks! Welcome to ICmag and welcome to my thread! :woohoo:

StonedGrunt55 - Glad you were able to find the place through the snowy blizzard :yes:
I didn't know you had been forced into a new set up also. I'll make sure I'm by to check it out. I may have to upgrade ventilation still also. Gotta play around and find the sweet spots :yes:
Always great to have the rugulars coming back in :friends: Thanks for the compliments...it's always a pleasure to have you :smile:

ZeusOGrefugee - I'm glad you stopped by too! :woohoo:
Great to have you aboard...it's going to be a fun year :headbange

Gonna come back in a bit with some pics
8378smiley-takephoto.gif

See Ya'll soon :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya TML...:smile:

aaaaah nice work already my friend ....i knew the changes where comming....and as it looks you'll still be able to grow'm dank :smile:
although the biggest changes will come later i suppose :chin:.....okokok i'm not saying more :wink:
Nway i would't wanne miss this... be shure its tagged...still have a frontseat i see

ohw yea ....i expected that PM of yours? :confused:

Insomniac

Can I buy some ring side seats please? I like all the action hitting the glass in front of my face! Speaking of glass.. For your heating issue: Have you thought about installing a basic cool tube? Maybe even a piece and glass to separate the light from the grow area.. I have seen many people do this and they were able to significantly drop/control their temps.
My suggestion would be a cool tube with two 80mm fans, one blowing in, and the other sucking out all that hot air. Then in the winter if you need more heat.. several ways would be: Turn off one fan, turn off both, keep them on but remove glass tube.. :joint:

My 2 cents. The PB nugs look straight up gorgeous bro :rasta:
I'll be here in the front row, making a ruckus when pics aren't posted. :muahaha:
I've been kinda busy with a different grow of sorts. :wave:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Veg Time

Veg Time

Core - Was expecting you to stop in...hope you like the new place :smile:
Glad you got your eye on my cab. We'll be needing some quality control in here.
I like the language in which you speak :wink:
PM is taken care of :yes: Finally!! :biglaugh: Thanks bro!

Insomniac - :laughing: Your money is no good here...only your buds :joint:
Thanks much for the tips. I did think about a cool tube. Kind of wanted it to be a last ditch option...but now that you mention using the 80mm PC fans :chin: might be necessary for summer. Gonna play it by ear.
Always interested to see what you've got cooking...feel free to post up whatever you got in my thread :canabis:
Liking the PB nugs eh? So am I :yummy:
Great to have you around as always is all of my threads. Always need someone to kick me in the ass to get things rockin :headbange
Thanks bro!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Veg Time

K...this is no way to start out a new thread...especially for someone who has been growing for as long as I have.
This is a grow diary and to properly document, you have to show the good and the bad. Help others learn from your mistakes.

As you all know I was kicked out to the garage to grow...and it's friggin cold!
I had some very slow stunted growth with very twisty leaves because of it.
Now that I have new cab...all should be fixed :yes:
But...the first day I had cab...when runnin tests, I stupidly put plants in there and forgot to turn on exhaust :bat:
Let's just say...They will all be salvagable :ying:

None of these plants are sexed yet

Mumbles
7622Mumbles-1_2_Veg.jpg

^ Mumbles on the left made it out the best and was actually the smallest plant going into my error. Now it's my best and healthiest :biglaugh:
Mumbles on the right was the biggest plant going in...let's just say I'm happy it's still alive. it almost looks like a re-veg right now. All fans were trimmed and a couple top node had to be stripped.

White Widow
7622White_Widow-1_2_Veg.jpg

^^ WW on the left looks like it might hafta lose it's fans or at least parts of :badday:
The one on the right has been stripped down like Mumbles up there. It looks to be starting to do ok though.

Strawberry Diesel crosses
7622StrawD_Crosses_Veg.jpg

^^^ ECSD x StrawD on left had to also be stripped of her fans...still a little crispy. Should make a good recovery.
Afgooey X StrawD on the right wasn't all that affected by the dose of heat...it didn't like the cold, and has some curly leaves. Tips of top growth are a tad burnt.

I expect all plants to make a full recovery. I was thinking of starting over and doing a 12/12 from seed grow, but have decided I should be able to have these plants back in shape in 2 weeks or so.

We'll check on their progress in a few days...should see rapid improvement under the good conditions they're in now.

Thanks for visiting :wave:

Last edited:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Ouch TML that sucks that they got all crispy cause the exhaust wasn't on:badday: But it looks like they are all going to make it through alright though. Looking forward to seeing you run the ECSDxSTD also That white widow should be cool since im thinking its the same one used in the crosses he sent me? does that sound right to you? Anyway keep up the great work bud. Catch you on the flip side.

-N.Kron:rasta:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your setback TML and it's really good of you to post photos of the damage. That WW looks like it was hit pretty hard but I'm sure you'll pull them through mate. It still amazes me how resilient our favourite plants are. :D :wave:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
you were not kidding when you were saying a bit crispy, probably confusing the heck out of those plants, with them being frigid and then right into the surface of the sun you go.

Interesting how you have one plant that is growing up faster than the other of each strain, were they popped at the same time?

But we all know you skills, you will get it dialed in before we know what is happening.

Cheers bro