What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NorthernKronic's-I got Pains.... But I got strains..

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey everyone:wave:

To all my good friends here at IC thank you all for the positive support that you give me and my plants on a daily basis.. Mad props :muahaha:

To all of those who dont know me, Whatup yall my name is NorthernKronic. I am a personal medical grower who resides in the lower 48.. First off let me give you all a run down of what Im working with right now..

I grow in Sunshine Mix #1, I am running out though and I have some composted FFOF sitting around so I will use that when Im done with the Sunshine Mix.

Nutes go like this..

I use Earth Juice.. Most parts.. Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Microblast, Meta-K

I also like to top feed with Budswell and guanos during flower..

I just recently picked up a quart of Hydroplex to try out as a PK booster, If anyone has any experience with this product I would love to hear it!!!

Veg setup consists of...

1- C-24 cabinet
1- can 9000 carbon filter
1- modded Stanley blower
7-20watt tube flouros

Strains currently in seedling form or in veg...

Pheno's F,L and H of my personal strain that I call Northern's Atomic Craze.. but Atomic craze for short.

4 Sugar Shack clones, just transplanted into soiless mix yesterday.

2 SOL adv mixed vegging..

I also have 5 more SOL adv mixed seedlings, along with 5 Whitewreck and now I am popping two 2 mongrul, 2 pollen chuck and 2 Crash Test.. I will explain more about them later..

here are some shots to explain it better.. this is the left side of the veg cab.. then the right.. in the back left are the two SOL's that are older and vegging.. the one on the left is confirmed female the other is unknown.. The plants in the 1 gallon bags on the right are Pheno's H, L and F of Atomic Craze..

These are the Sugar shack clones I transplanted from the hydrocloner to soil yesterday

These are the SOL and White wreck seedlings

Now for the flower closet.. It consists of a 3'x5' area in my closet...

1-430watt HPS in hydrofarm radiant hood with glass.
1-250watt HPS in batwing reflector.
1-can33 carbon filter.
1- 6" vortex fan
1- 18" circulating fan.

Currently I am flowering...

4 Atomic Craze 1 gallon bags day 57 of flowering.. will be harvested whenever they dry out their soil...

1 pheno F atomic craze mother 3 gallon bag 35 days of flowering.

1 pheno L atomic craze mother 3 gallon bag 12 days flower

1 pheno H atomic craze mother 3 gallon bag 12 days flower

1 Sugar shack 2.5 gallon pot 26 days flower

1 Sugar shack 2.5 gallon pot 6 days flower..

I have never flowered out plants as big as the ones Im flowering right now.. Heres a peek at em.. First is H and L mothers at day 10 flowering.. over 45" tall now

Here are some sugar shacks..

Here is what the closet looks like on a daily basis.. 430 over the left side and 250 over to the right..

I love to update a lot when Im not very busy. Thank you to everyone who comes through this thread and gives it a read. I just like to share and I would love to hear everyones opinions as well...

Might as well show you guys some shots of the plant I harvested last night.. This is the J pheno of Atomic craze.. It was flowered in a pot with less than a gallon of soil...

Looking like 12-14 grams by the time its done drying.. good enough for me :muahaha:

Well thats about it for now. I will be coming back with some more shots as I will be harvesting 4 more plants in the next few days. Thanks again to gypsy and everyone here at ICmag.com for making such an awesome place for stoner's to come together and share ideas. Peace yall.

-N.Kron:rasta:

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I got first seat, unless someone squeezes their ass in here before I hit submit

Looking forward to seeing the Core seeds grow, I should be starting on mine in a month or so

YOu always have support from me and the other good bros here on icmag man. Cannot wait for the bud show here.
Lets see if you can top last year

B

Bigtimer7

Damn this looks awesome man! I am going to jump on board. I love the setup and the selection! I think after this strawberry and I get some seedlings started I am going to switch to dirt... Yours looks great man!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I am taggin along for this one. Sad that i missed your other thread. I loved how you scrog in those rubbermaids.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
lookn nice buddy, if them white wreck are from out here keep a close eye on em during flower very close

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Awesome to get an early seat in what promises to be an excellent thread :lurk:

Great to be reminded of what you're working with :yes:

Man, those vegging plants look perky and happy! :smile: You're doing a bang up job bro! :respect:

Gonna be a great line up for '08 :woohoo:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Damn Kron, you have a bunch on the go, love it. I too am looking forward to watching this grow. Take care bro.

B/R

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Dr.Dog- Nice to see you buddy:wave: good to have you riding shotgun for this years adventure.. should be a fun one :muahaha:

The core seeds are going to be a really fun experiment for me. Mongrul and Pollen chuck are what I am really interested in though. In the Mongrul I would like to see a very PB dominant plant, or atleast thats what Im hoping for. Same with the Pollen chuck but am looking for a SD dom pheno. Cant wait until everyone else starts to pop them so I can have something to compare them to.

But again the bar has gotta get set by someone hehehe :spank: Again doggy thank you for all of your support. You and the rest of our good crew on here are the bomb!!

Bigtimer- Hey there Bigtimer welcome to the show :wave: Of course your more than welcome to hop on board for this next years adventure. I hope that I can keep you entertained. Hope the switch from hydro to soil goes well for you. Ive been thinking lately of experimenting in a few smaller hydro setups.. but that will have to wait till I have more space and more cash flow.. thanks for stopping in!

ChubbyNugz- Dont worry about the last thread, this one should be a lot better hehehe. Thanks for coming by :joint:

AlbertHoffman- Dont mind one bit, the more the merrier in here :bashhead: hey spark up this jib for me if you would:joint:

Major- Yes they are the same Whitewreck that you are familiar with. I know that you all had problems with it going hermie on ya so I will be keeping a very close eye on them :spank: They are basically an experiment to see If I can find just one that is a stable female. If i can do that then maybe this will be worth it. If not there getting flowered in 16oz cups so i wont be wasting dirt or space on them if they dont turn out. Thanks for stopping in and giving me the heads up :rasta:

TML- Good to see that you found your way over here in a timely fashion, plenty of seats left, fatty hash joints just got fired up so everyone should be stoney real soon hehehe. (takes out can of hash filled joints, opens it takes one and passes the can around) yup smoky in here already.

Yea dude I gotta agree it is nice to be able to look at the first page of this grow and see how different it is from my last one.... Light years difference in the two+ its always nice to know what you have growing at any given time.

I try to do my best at all times :D 08' will be fun...

BR- Its gonna be a long next 4 months I can tell you that. Its good to have you along with the rest of the kids on this magic school bus of mine hahaha.

Well All I should have an update on the seeds that Im popping in just a few minutes.. Gonna snap some pics of the flowering plants tonight. Its hard to see much though, your gonna laugh when you see how much space two of these mothers take up in the closet. Peace yall.

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.... DRING, DRING... :wave: Hello NK, i arrived at your new thread, all is set here :canabis: . Nice & cozy hehehe .... I haven't read it all but i'm just about to, so i'm takin a seat :lurk: ...

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
fashionably late as usual. but i look good when i get here! haha.love all the 08 madness. i love this gang. i know your gonna have a great diary again no doubt. you came up this year. you know it feels good learnin all that growin wisdom and applying it to all those awesome strains. let me buckle up for the long ride. puff puff passin.
SIR

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
Hey!..can I come along for the '08 adventure??...nice start to the year bro...diggin' your cross too!!

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey NK, im gonna grab a seat next to all the usual suspects...ill bring and supply everyone with homebrew, u just keep up with the lovely plants. Im actually very excited i finally stopped by..reason being I use the same EJ nutes as u, and I am still tryin to get the perfect formulas down...anything u can suggest?? I still havent found a use for the meta-k!!???????Im gonna be stopin by ALOT, fo sho' my bro'..keep it real man, and DAMN, ur plants look great!!!see ya

-Z

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
friggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!.....Would't miss this for all the money in the world....:wink:
good to have found ya so early....so good luck with the next run and with this thread,not that you gonne need it but just as a precaution...
now i'm gone...came out of my way coz i saw this thread hehehe...gotta update my thread and not much time ......laters :wave:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Grunt- Good to have you here buddy, sit on down and take a few tokes.. get loosened up this is gonna be a long one :bashhead:

SIR- "Read my lips Calvin, You aint Noooo Playeeeerrrrrr" hahahha just playin Our gang on here is the coolest huh :muahaha: 08' sure is looking to be like a crazy time, I love to see everyones new threads so i can get a heads up on all the stuff they use again. Thanks for stopping in dude :wave:

Scrappy-
Yea dude your more than welcome to come along, plenty of seats left, grab a pipe or have one of these other hooligans hand you one :spank:

Zeus- Hey there buddy, wondering when you were gonna stop in. Grab a seat bro, as far as the earth juice goes I think Ive found the proper feeding formula here is what I like to do.

Starting doseage.. veg.
1 tbl/gal Grow
1 tsp/gal Bloom
1 tsp/gal catalyst

Now since my ladies are nitrogen hogs for the most part I feed them 2 tbl grow per gal. What I have noticed that seems to work really well for me is to feed veg nutrients up until the plants have formed buds, then I will start to hit them hard with my flower mix..

Starting dosage.. flower
1 tbl/gal Bloom
1 tsp/gal Grow------- Now I use more grow than this until like week 5, then cut it down..
1 tsp/gal catalyst
1 tsp/gal Meta-K

Most of my grows I have done without much or any use of the Meta-K, Just recently have I added it to my feeding regimen. Im not sure how well its working yet, I had zinc def a bit with this last round, kinda the reason that I added the meta-K back into the flower mix.

I also use the microblast like every third feeding, I dont think using anymore than that would really be worth it, clears any problems up with one feeding. Love this stuff.

Now I started using these as a baseline, but you can definitely vary your recipe a lot once you know more about what your plants want.

I have also started adding a little bit of liquid kelp mix, but thats just been in the last two feedings. I just bought some Hydroplex from botanicare, its a PK booster, and I want to see if it can help me to get my buds bigger, cause they just arnt big enough for me hehehe.. but yea I hope this helps rather than confuses Im really high hahaha. Good to have you around buddy :wave: :rant:

Core- Good to see ya buddy, All the money in the world huh:chin: thats a tempting offer hahaha, Ill have to try really hard to keep you thinking you made a satisfactory decision :muahaha: Ill give it my best scouts honor :wink: Thanks for stoppin by I know your a busy boy :wave:

So I put these three ladies into flower last night. Two L phenos and 1 F pheno of Atomic craze, these ladies should yeild some very nice colas in two months time..

Well school started last week so i got some homework to do today. Ill probably take some snaps of the ladies in the closet tonight when I raise the light. Peace out yall.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
hey NK, thanks for the EJ advice, I will try ur formula and see how it goes!!!do u check ur PH on the solution?if so, what do u use to raise or lower it???I really despise havin probs w/ my plants!!!I am very anal about that stuff..lol...anyhow, thanks again, and im gonna go give my babies a dose of Micro in the hopes of clearing up my burn problem....laters

- Zeus

Im late but I made it anyway!! lol ive been away from my computer alot lately homie (snowboarding everyday) As always your looking like an expert. I love how your getting quite the collection of strains. Hope the powder is plentiful bro grow on!!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Zeus- Hey there buddy, hope that formula works out well for you. I actually dont check ph at all :bashhead: :spank: but havent really had any real problems with it. I have a really cheap ph meter that Im not sure really works anyway. If I were you I would just get some ej natural ph up. If I were me I would probably get some soon as well hahaha. Im not sure if the microblast is gonna help with if your plants are burnt. I would flush if they are burnt. I hate when I have problems with my babes I cant stop until I get it fixed though :muahaha:

INB- Good to hear you have been riding a lot. I haven't at all, plans just havent worked out for me this winter... Just gotta keep the closet bumping and keep my head up.. Theres always next winter to ride. But the strains man, more and more I want more! hahaha I have some more clones coming from a friend soon, not sure what strains but it will be fun to pick the best out of all of these. Plenty of flavors for me then :rasta: Hope your having fun out there, I gotta try and get some snow under me soon. Peace.

Alright yall, got some shots of the flowering plants. First up is the F pheno 37 days flower..

Now Sugar Shack 27 days flower

L and H pheno day 13 flower

This is the right side of the closet... Got a few plants that just went into flower and a few that are just about ready to be harvested. Just gotta wait till they finish drinking all of their water.

This is the left side of the closet. Far left is the F pheno also the SS is over there. THen in the middle is the L and H phenos..

Now after I fed all of these ladies tonight I harvested this plant. Atomic craze N pheno.. Last run for this pheno.. its alright but nothing that super.

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for stopping by everyone :wave:

hazy

Veteran
You got it rocking NK.
Nice big girls.
Looks like your pains are going to be well medicated.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Looks like you're really gonna get your yields up :yes: That + nice frosty bud = Your Happiness :jump:

Deliciously dank photos :yummy: