Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > thc oil extraction: LIQUID OXYGEN?!

Thread Title Search    
Click for more info about Red Beard Extractors
 thc oil extraction: LIQUID OXYGEN?! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
dirtdog

thc oil extraction: LIQUID OXYGEN?!

while reading the bubble hash purity thread, i recalled some oil i had the pleasure of acquiring through a friend of a friend in the bay area. the oil was transparent, and the individual who gave it to me said that it had been extracted with liquid oxygen and was almost 100% pure thc. i wish i had some pics of this stuff but i have to say it was easily the most potent cannabis resin product i have ever had. it blew away any BHO or full melt bubble i have ever smoked in terms of potency.

i would imagine making this oil at home would be a super difficult task considering how combustible liquid oxygen is and how hard it is to get your hands on it if you don't have access to a lab.

has anyone else had experience with this liquid oxygen oil? please share your thoughts.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
not sure what substance you smoked, but sam skunkman has said more than once that pure thc is much less stoney than thc mixed with a healthy dose of terpenes, which is mainly what gives butane oil its color i think.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:36 AM   #3
Chiefsmokingbud
Slap-A-Ho tribe

Chiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud of
For safety, liquid o2 is a bit beyond the avg home extractionist. Sure you could get an o2 tank and drop it to the temp needed to make it a liquid but think about the closed system you would have to build or buy to use it $$$$$$$$$. I find these days with oil it seems too many people try to reinvent the wheel.

~~~Big buds and MoNsTer colas~~~

Butane honey oil for dummies
~~Pain free hash making made easy~~
Chiefsmokingbud jest offline   Quote

Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant future
im sure he lied.

clear oil could be from very premature buds, the trichs are still clear...

amber buds = amber oil..
screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!

Grow(s)
whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284

Construction

The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.
DIGITALHIPPY jest offline   Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #5
Chiefsmokingbud
Slap-A-Ho tribe

Chiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud ofChiefsmokingbud has much to be proud of
not necessarily

~~~Big buds and MoNsTer colas~~~

Butane honey oil for dummies
~~Pain free hash making made easy~~
Chiefsmokingbud jest offline   Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsmokingbud
not necessarily
yea, not necessarily, but more then likely...

Grow(s)

Construction

Quote:

Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #7
dirtdog

i'm not skilled in making oil, nor have i ever extracted it. that being said, i have smoked plenty of good BHO and I wouldn't say that this oil was completely see-thru, it just was a lot more clear than most BHO I have seen, and kicked my ass a lot harder. i personally was not there when it was being made, but the person (a friend of a friend) who gave it to us was not fucking around (phd, lab acces, etc.), and it was some of the best oil i have ever smoked.

the only reason i posted about it on here was to see if anyone of you experts had any insight on the matter. i have heard that liquid oxygen is used in the manufacturing of extracts (legal, over the counter herbal extracts) so it makes sense to a degree.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #8
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
"it just was a lot more clear than most BHO I have seen, and kicked my ass a lot harder"

i make oil like that all the time.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #9
TheGoodStuff
Registered Stoner

TheGoodStuff has a spectacular aura aboutTheGoodStuff has a spectacular aura aboutTheGoodStuff has a spectacular aura about
As you said above, the person who made it had access to a lab, and knew what they were doing.
I think that it'd be realistic to make it, but not for someone at home with an O2 tank and a freezer - you'd blow yourself up.

IC Recipe Guide
*Sticky*

Beating a drug test; Methods 1, 2, and 3
TheGoodStuff jest offline   Quote

Old 01-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
DIGITALHIPPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog
i'm not skilled in making oil, nor have i ever extracted it. that being said, i have smoked plenty of good BHO and I wouldn't say that this oil was completely see-thru, it just was a lot more clear than most BHO I have seen, and kicked my ass a lot harder. i personally was not there when it was being made, but the person (a friend of a friend) who gave it to us was not fucking around (phd, lab acces, etc.), and it was some of the best oil i have ever smoked.

the only reason i posted about it on here was to see if anyone of you experts had any insight on the matter. i have heard that liquid oxygen is used in the manufacturing of extracts (legal, over the counter herbal extracts) so it makes sense to a degree.
with the right equipment and good herb you can make very clear oil.
did you mean it was amber in color but still see-thru?

thats TOTALY possible...

i think butaine makes a differance ive gotten better results with vector and also if you crush the buds you can get plant matter in the oil... makeing it not so clear...

Grow(s)

Construction

Quote:

Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #11
GrassMan

GrassMan is a splendid one to beholdGrassMan is a splendid one to beholdGrassMan is a splendid one to beholdGrassMan is a splendid one to beholdGrassMan is a splendid one to beholdGrassMan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITALHIPPY
did you mean it was amber in color but still see-thru?
BHO

GrassMan jest offline   Quote

Old 01-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
Kosmo
Coco Nutz

Kosmo will become famous soon enough

"~Tane In Da Brain~" -HMK, J2H & MAX

"Time to set sail on the vapor trail......."-Tashi
Kosmo jest offline   Quote

Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
Capn
Blowing O's

Capn has a spectacular aura aboutCapn has a spectacular aura aboutCapn has a spectacular aura about
You know whats weird, I cleaned my down stem and bowl the other day with 91% iso. Out of boredom I let the iso evap and scraped up the left over resin.to say the least it was very dark but when you held the .2 chunk up to the light you could see through it.

Any ideas whats up with that?
Capn jest offline   Quote

Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
DIGITALHIPPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn
You know whats weird, I cleaned my down stem and bowl the other day with 91% iso. Out of boredom I let the iso evap and scraped up the left over resin.to say the least it was very dark but when you held the .2 chunk up to the light you could see through it.

Any ideas whats up with that?
no plant particles in the resin?
thats strange? frankly im not too suprised the resin melted and u were able to liquify it, but the clearness sounds disturbing.
my bowls always have burnt nug particles and misc chunky trash.

Grow(s)

Construction

Quote:

Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #15
gramsci.antonio

gramsci.antonio has a spectacular aura aboutgramsci.antonio has a spectacular aura aboutgramsci.antonio has a spectacular aura about
theoretically oxygen shouldn't work, becasue it hasn't the CH- group able to extract the THC.

It sounds like labmade-thc. You can find some in netherlands, very rarely... it usually come from marinol (or something similar) pill, wich are opened for the content of the pill, pure thc.

Everything above this sentence is a lie. Every photo is taken from the archive of someone else.
gramsci.antonio jest offline   Quote