What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AFPAK

D

dongle69

Anyone know anything about growing afpak?
Flower period, lineage, structure, etc.?
I'm getting 50 clones tomorrow....

Thanks!

T

trich-zilla

afpak

afpak

Veg veg veg veg veg...

Seems there's two different strains going around that people are calling "afpak"

We had some a year or so ago that doesn't look anything like the "new" cut of it.

Since we made moms out of them both, we'll run a side x side comparison of the old cut versus the new one.

The "old" one was pretty branchy without much stretch. This new one grows just like the Master Kush cut going around. I popped mine pretty much from clone and that was a mistake with the "new" cut of it. The old one did just fine...

I was under the impression afpak was a landrace strain from the afgan paki border. I heard it was straight up, no crosses in it yet.

Won't let me upload the pictures.. so check them out in my gallery

hbstoner

ive been looking for afpak forever and cant find it anywhere, where do i get some!!!!!!! :) Here are a few pics i have of it..

T

trich-zilla

That looks more like the original afpak...

Clones are hard to come by and when you do find them, they're expensive!

D

dongle69

This is the only description I could find on the web:

AFPAK is 90% kush. Super nice. It's actually been around for about 15 years.
A cross of a hybrid afghani (slightly dutched) and a landrace Pakistani Kush.
An excellent yield of strong hashy buds from those old favorite of ours. Nice sweet/hash flavor. Some plants can be taller.

Apparently an outdoor plant from Heritage Seeds.
They call it "Af-Pak Hashplant."

T

trich-zilla

That looks like the new one, the one I have in my gallery
38831IMG_0163-thumb.JPG

T

trich-zilla

dongle69 said:
This is the only description I could find on the web:

AFPAK is 90% kush. Super nice. It's actually been around for about 15 years.
A cross of a hybrid afghani (slightly dutched) and a landrace Pakistani Kush.
An excellent yield of strong hashy buds from those old favorite of ours. Nice sweet/hash flavor. Some plants can be taller.

Apparently an outdoor plant from Heritage Seeds.
They call it "Af-Pak Hashplant."

Guess I was wrong about it possibly not being fucked with yet :bashhead:

D

dongle69

trich-zilla said:
That looks like the new one, the one I have in my gallery

Cool, thanks.
Were there any other differences besides appearance?

T

trich-zilla

Apparent yield.

This one doesn't look like it will yield a whole lot, but the other one was above average for me. Time will tell... these are close to being done.

Last edited:

MsJones

If I may I would like to chime in here with some thoughts of my own. I had also been on the search for AfPak and found it twice...one was not what I expected and what I suspect is the "new" Afpak and the second one is just what I thought it should be which I would guess to the the old version....

Humboldt is an area known for it's own particular kushy type of varieties that get passed around here and called by many names but any NorCal genetics historian can see the differences and similarities right off but to the general consumer all they remember is WOW and the name. Seed companies have often made their own strains using cuts they obtained from Humbolt or through a friend of a friend and sometimes even their own imaginations I swear... and then make seeds and call it by say oh..Mendo Purps is a good example of a bastardized version of a good local thing...and then sell said seeds and forget to mention they are merely trying to replicate something else and doing a poor job of it. That was a bit long winded and maybe around some points but I hope you know what I mean.

Basicly.....

I don't think Heritage Seeds or whatever the name you say down there made the strain as an original creation but an attempt to recreate the killer NorCal cut...and from what it would seem, although it is not this way often, they did a real good job. However there are some differences.

Here is the old cut:

These are all my thoughts and in no way do i present them as facts...just my own conclusions about things i have found in my search

trich-zilla said:
Veg veg veg veg veg...

Seems there's two different strains going around that people are calling "afpak"

We had some a year or so ago that doesn't look anything like the "new" cut of it.

Since we made moms out of them both, we'll run a side x side comparison of the old cut versus the new one.

The "old" one was pretty branchy without much stretch. This new one grows just like the Master Kush cut going around. I popped mine pretty much from clone and that was a mistake with the "new" cut of it. The old one did just fine...

I was under the impression afpak was a landrace strain from the afgan paki border. I heard it was straight up, no crosses in it yet.

Won't let me upload the pictures.. so check them out in my gallery

T

trich-zilla

MsJones said:
If I may I would like to chime in here with some thoughts of my own. I had also been on the search for AfPak and found it twice...one was not what I expected and what I suspect is the "new" Afpak and the second one is just what I thought it should be which I would guess to the the old version....

Humboldt is an area known for it's own particular kushy type of varieties that get passed around here and called by many names but any NorCal genetics historian can see the differences and similarities right off but to the general consumer all they remember is WOW and the name. Seed companies have often made their own strains using cuts they obtained from Humbolt or through a friend of a friend and sometimes even their own imaginations I swear... and then make seeds and call it by say oh..Mendo Purps is a good example of a bastardized version of a good local thing...and then sell said seeds and forget to mention they are merely trying to replicate something else and doing a poor job of it. That was a bit long winded and maybe around some points but I hope you know what I mean.

Basicly.....

I don't think Heritage Seeds or whatever the name you say down there made the strain as an original creation but an attempt to recreate the killer NorCal cut...and from what it would seem, although it is not this way often, they did a real good job. However there are some differences.

Here is the old cut:

These are all my thoughts and in no way do i present them as facts...just my own conclusions about things i have found in my search

That shiney leaf is tale tale of the "new" cut.. really super shiney leaf regardless of what's done to it.

The older version, was more of a flat sheen appearance. Does that make sense?

Sorry, I don't think that's the old one, MsJones.

Thanks for bringing this back up and reminding me...

MsJones

*shrug*

I still say mine is the old version, based on that it is definitely the mom of my beloved Supernova..the new one definitely was not. I know that makes no sense to you...but.... it doesn't really matter...IIIIIII know what I'm talkin about hehe.

Anyhow....to each their own.... right. I don't think it matters all that much. I mean it does...but it doesn't. It certainly does not matter that we disagree. It's all information and such anyhow...

I've already dipped in the jar this morning and am rambling...my bad.

Let's toke some AfPak, shall we? : ) It's good and I mean real good

:rasta:

T

trich-zilla

Yep

And you have to excuse me, I'm more of a commercial kinda person. I look at things in a very different light than most.

I think I remember your post on afpak from a while back. You were curious is your supernova is afpak or if your supernova was a cross of it? Did you ever get it figured out?

I remember, the thing about the OLD afpak was.. the smell of the hit after it had been blown out. Smelled dead on like the 13-10-2 seabird guano. Both times it was grown too.

MsJones

Yup : ) Afpak is Supernova's mom. Pops is a purple nepalese. ... now my search is to find out if what we call purple nepal around here is indeed that one or if it is something else just called purple nepal

but that is for another thread : )

i would imagine the deal on taste and smell of the hit would vary depending on what you feed it and how it is grown, harvested and cured. Overall it should always be similar in its core but the nuances can make it seem like it is a different animal altogether sometimes.

so tell me...are you in norcal... maybe i can taste test yours to be sure :muahaha: :redface: :rasta: :wave: :bashhead:

VERY earthy. I run it in hydro, and everyone swears its soil. Very similar to Master Kush. Got the cut from friends near Arcata couple years ago.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most helpful to me for my chronic pain. Better than any strain I've had. AND the oz I had also produced seeds! I have about 30 seeds. Now where can I find someone to grow it for me?:huggg:

026ab.jpg

For whatever it's worth, I suffer from severe chronic pain originating in my cervical spine ( neck ) and at times have had pins and needles in my fingers. The pain is very severe and I stay medicated daily as well as am on prescribed percosets. I've been thru the mill and feel I have standing in making comments about the effectiveness of cannabis whether alone or in tandem with other prescribed pain meds such as what I'm taking and I can tell you with 100% certainty that if it was not for the daily cannabis, my opioid intake would triple within a couple of days and with that would come a tripling of the laxative intake as I am also one of the 65% of opioid patients that suffers from extreme constipation no matter how much or how little opioids I ingest although the less I ingest the less constipated and the less constipated the less laxatives which will eventually destroy my insides. There's supposedly a new opiod mix/pill available in the UK and other parts of the developed world that tricks the system and therefore people like me won't suffer as bad, similar I guess to taking lactaid if you are as I am lactose intolerant and need to have a little butter on the mashed potatoes. But here in the "worlds greatest superpower", it's not available. I am also a heart patient, victim of a failed open heart surgery so it is imperative that I do everything possible to keep the stress on the heart from the pain minimized as best as possible so what I'm about to say is important to me and potentially others who suffer like me.

NO OTHER STRAIN has produced the type of pain medication specifically to my neck, very specifically to the exact spot that the pain originates and therefore attacking it there then eliminates the pain elsewhere. Like fucking magic and I mean this with no hype, no bullshit. Just the facts. When I take a toke of the Afpak Kush that I had/have, I can FEEL the pain subside.

I would pay any price to develop one of these seeds. In your opinion how can I find someone in the san jose area to try growing a seed or 2? I am completely out of my realm here. Is there a website to go to and find ads or do you think it appropriate to show the seeds to the dispensary and ask them if they can do something with them and put me down for whatever I'm allowed? Is it kosher to do or will they throw me out for asking? I believe if I had this strain and did vape bags of it I might just find that day where I do not need the opioids or even cut it down even more which would be a dream come true for me.

Thanks for any advice on this one. ,I shit you not it's like magic and I have about 30 seeds, most of them nice big fat plump speckled seeds. I got this in I think 2010 or 2011 and have stored them in one of the black glass seed holders in a cool place.