What's new

A greenhouse with carbon filter

G

If I have a metal, 10' by 8', shed that has a fiberglass roof would I rise suspicion. I live in the semi country but no one grows gardens any more, the nearast orchard is two miles away. I want to make it look like a potting shed, because I have many veggies and roses. I want to take at leats half of it and grow one big ass female from cuttings. I will have a Stanley blower sucking through a 5 pound carbon filter, can I keep smell and mold down this way. I will start it indoors and flower it outside before it gets to cold, due to very hot summers. I would hate to have mouldy buds though. Any suggestions are welcome I can save a few hundred dollars before next winter.

river rat01

hey sticky,

check these out. http://www.farmwholesale.com/panels.php3

to make it look as normal looking as posible, i would use the same material all over the shed to give it continuity.

as long as you keep the plants away from the panels and toward the center, no one should be able to see them.

that isint my shed btw, its a pic that im going by to build my own.
something else, if you paint or install some different colored vinyl trim on all the corners and roofline, it would look even more like a shed.

river rat01

see, this is what im talking about.
its a solexx greenhouse.

it lets in lots of light but its also very difficult to see inside.

to make it look more like a shed, you could put some 1x4's on the corners,(painted a darker color).

and then add some 1x2's vertically (painted white) every foot or so, to make it look like the shed in this pic.

hehe, stealth greenhouse!

Last edited:

Military

wtf.. lol why dont you just build a normal shed and install some lights and what not, and it would light proof also..

Or are you wanting to go with a greenhouse grow style? like "almost" outdoor :p

river rat01

well, a normal shed with light's would be cool, but i want to use the free light i the sky!

basically, you want it to look like a shed, but in reality, its a greenhouse,

I've got two 16x20 conservatories from solexx with two 48 bucket ebb/flow systems in them. These greenhouses kick ass. You can't see inside them like you can other coverings. Big evaporator coolers are necessary to keep the temperature down in the heat of the summer with some motorized shutters. The plants look way healthier than those just sitting in direct sunlight in the heat of summer. Plus you won't have to worry about mold again because you can control the environment just like indoors but without the steep ass power bill. These greenhouses are cheap and well worth it. For security just put up an eight foot fence around them and put out lots of potted flowers around your yard and you'll be good to go. :wave:

Last edited:

river rat01

man, that is cool!

thats what i love about solexx.

i was thinking about adding a 600w son agro red to give the plants the red they need - since there isnt much red in the spring and early summer sun. (if your doing several crops per year).

and as far as security, if you were to get into beekeeping and put a couple of hives right next to the greenhouse, no one would ever get near it. hehe

Last edited:

Kenny Lingus

Why not use a shed and 3-5solar tubes in there?!? Stealthy, fully controllable/dimmable maybe cooler and usable to bloom in year round if the sunlight is strong enough and exceed 10hrs a day. (Could also be used with artificial lighting wo it showing outside.)

wtf.. lol why dont you just build a normal shed and install some lights and what not, and it would light proof also..

Or are you wanting to go with a greenhouse grow style? like "almost" outdoor :p

The best reason I can think of is to keep from pulling a lot of juice.

Does anyone have any ideas for stealth on a larger structure?