What's new

Blue Sonja Test Grow

I was lucky to get some of Steele's Blue Sonja, thanks SS!

I put 6 in some water to soak overnight

The next day all 6 had sunk and started cracking. I pulled them out and put them in a moist papertowel overnight, then I planted them in soil.

I count the day I plant as day 0. Here they are a day later.

Day 1 - veg

Day 2 - veg

Day 4 - veg

Day 7 - veg

Day 10 - veg

I am hoping to veg for another 2 weeks and then take clones and throw the plants into flowering.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that once the seeds hit the soil they are put under a single 42w cfl to veg.

The box I use to veg seedlings is 15" square. It was originally a cubicle college bookshelf type box. The 4 sides were melamine and the back was flimsy cardboard. I pulled the cardboard off, mounted the box and an outlet bar on a piece of plywood. I built a wooden frame to mount the light and fan. This frame sets on top of the box, and there is a simple reflector over the bulb, then I lay a piece a melamine on top to help reflect a bit more light back down.

Here's some pictures looking down.

Melamine sitting on top of box

Melamine removed

Reflector

Reflector Removed

here's todays pics

Day 13 - veg

The 2 plants on the left side of the 'top' view were flipped from Day 10. The front view plant order is the same for both days.

G

guest3854

Looks like they're off to a good start . You'll be in trouble here soon enough !

Steele

G

guest3854

Lookin' purty fawkin uniform to me . Any smells comin' off em yet for yas ?

I transplanted to 6" pots a couple days ago and they are currently under a 150hps.

Day 16 - veg

Here's a pic of the roots on the first transplant

and the plants after transplanting. (I've numbered them 1-6)

Day 16 - veg

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

Blue Sonja 3

Blue Sonja 4

Blue Sonja 5

Blue Sonja 6

These pictures are from a couple days ago. Since then 2 of the plants are showing possible nute burn? lockout? deficiency? My soil mix might be a bit strong cuz I like it to carry the plants all the way through flowering so I can just use tap water the whole time.

G

Guest 16149

Nice looking Blue Sonja grow puppet, I will be following this one, I am growing out the Blue Sonja also, you are a little ahead of me :)

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Theyre looking great. Strong and vigorous.
Will keep an eye on this one.... it looks like itll be getting interesting soon.

G

guest3854

#2 & 6 have my interest . They do look like they're gettin alittle burned , but they can take it as they get older .

Steele

Yea I kinda look at it like if they can't make it now then they just weren't meant to be. There are lots of beans to try and not enough time to try them all, so I don't really waste my time with runts or plants that need babying.

Here's some updated pics from yesterday.

Day 19 - veg

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

Blue Sonja 3

Blue Sonja 4

Blue Sonja 5

Blue Sonja 6

I'm hoping to be able to start flowering them at around day 28-30 of veg.

Last edited:
What about 2 and 6 interest you Steel Savage? Something in the leaf pattern or shape that is tipping you off that they might be a desirable pheno?

Good thread growpuppet. You got a good jump on people with the Blue Sonjas.

G

guest3854

Ripening Tang Tang

Ripening Tang Tang

Yeep , that's right Tarzan . Tha taller , thinner leaf bladed plants have shown them selves as awfully desirable individuals . Take for instance our Tang Tang , she has acoupla more weeks . This girl from seed , started putting out uncountable trichs at just 2-3 weeks after tha trigger and continues to show her worthyness !

Steele

hesh

Great pics and grow log growpuppet. I've got a pack of these, i'll be popping a few in Jan/Feb. I'll be following this thread closely. :joint:

blessed

this is the start of what looks to be a great thread. glad to see they're in some good hands and we can see what becomes of them. from the work steel has put in, i don't expect anything less than stellar. best of luck with the grow. i'll be along for the ride.

A little update as we head toward the new year.

Day 24 - veg

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

Blue Sonja 3

Blue Sonja 4

Neat leaf tip growth on two of the lower opposite fan leaves

Blue Sonja 5

Blue Sonja 6

The extreme leaf curl on some of the plants is from those leaves growing against the side of the cab and not a sign of a problem.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Great thread, I'll be watching. I just got a 20 pack of the Blue Sonja bx1 from my local club. I'm not sure what improvements were realized in the bx2 generation, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the bx1's perform.