What's new

Balkan Domestic ::: 3x60w/400w HPS ::: LST

Chmaka

Hello everyone! :) I am from Balkan, Montenegro to be precise. I have grown few domestic varieties of cannabis.
In the beginning there were 6 seeds that I got from best local weeds that I smoked in past year. These 6 seeds turned into 6 little plants after 3 months under 3x60w CFL 24/0.

After that I transplanted them to bigger containers and moved into bigger box (the one that I use for flowering) under 400w HPS 16/8. A week after that I change light regime to 12/12.

Everything was going smooth, first male appeared and I killed it. After that two plants turned hermaphrodite. First I thought that I should kill them, but then I read this in "Cannabis Grow Bible" and it kept me thinking:
"Hermies cause problems because they may carry the hermie trait with their offspring. In fact, genetically the hermie will only produce female seeds and hermaphrodite seeds. It will never produce a male seed. If you have ever seen all female seeds been advertised by seedbanks then you should have the right to know that these seeds come from female plants which are stressed into producing male flowers. The plants then self-pollinate themselves and the results are female and hermaphrodite seeds. In a special case a female known as an XX female will produce more female seeds than hermaphrodite seeds. That is how female seeds are created. In general growers try to keep away from any hermie plants because they will spoil a Sinsemilla crop. Also having pollen floating around in your grow room from a hermie plant will spoil everything else including breeding projects."
However after two days of thinking what to do, should I make the seeds or get sensimilla, I decided to get rid of hermies. Three plants have left, and all of them are females, two of them look similar (sativa/indica), and one looks more sativa.

After first week of blooming I started to tie them down. I lst-ed all three of them.

^these were photographed on tuesday 4. decembar 2007.

^You can see LST better from these...

^These are the fertilaziers and in the middle new product on our market (root stimulator, helps a lot). All three are Balkan products, we don't have access to the same stuff you do, there are no growshops.

One more word about the plants... The more sativa one is the last one that got into flowering, so the first two are going to be done in first weeks of the new year.

to be continued...

Last edited:

thugon

:wave: Hey! nice grow... you sure had alot of let downs during the first stages of your grow. :badday: Losing a plants to incorrect sex and then 2 turn hermie on you! that sucks. But at least your other plants are holding up strong and looking quite healthy might i add. :joint: But ill definitely be tuning in for this. :lurk: How far into flower are your plants? & what kinda feeding schedule do u have them on just wondering...

Happy Growing! :respect: :smoweed:

This is my indica/sativa hybrid.... first time dealing with indica/sativa hydrid so i hope it turns out as nice looking as yours

Last edited:

Chmaka

Oh, thanks for the compliments. :D Healthy plant you got there! :) They are in their fourth/fifth week, I don't know for shure. ;)
I am feeding them with H202, mineral feritlizier, organic root stimulator and fertilizer (great product) mixed into 2L of 6.0/6.5 ph whater. I do that every third day. :) Sometimes I give them just rainwater with H202.

opt1c

Veteran
nice grow... are there a lot of growers where you're at?? it's always nice to see local strains from around the world.... i'm assuming you're growing in soil?

Chmaka

Yes I am growing is soil.
You can see the web site from my signature, thats the place where we gather.
Here are some new pictures from my little garden that is coming to the end.

Chmaka

It's february and they are still blooming, I have smoked one already. What fool I am,
it was too early to harvest. I know that they need more time 'couse it's too cold in there, 'round 10 degrees caesium.
If you can see flowers on pictures 2 and 3, where flowers are growing from each other. Is happening often? Once I thought they have finnished with blooming and everythinh seemed brown, but no, they started to bloom again. New flowers from the old once.
On picture 1 herb is more sativa like, it's one huge flower. I am still waiting for them to finnish.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Really nice to see a Montenegrian grower in these forums Chmaka. Even better, you're growing local Balkan strains (if that's what your strains are), which makes it more interesting.

I wish there were more Balkan growers around here, in fact more growers from all over the world. The Balkans, the Middle East, India, Asia, not a lot of growers here from these parts, still they have a long standing Cannabis culture.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Chmaka

At last I harvested my girls. Left them last 48-72 hours in darkness and in few last weeks gave them nothing but water. They started eating themselves because of that.

Chmaka

Thank you very much! :D I'm preparing Hy-pro Amnesia grow diary, some other Balcan domestic strains and Satori.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Looks great, such a pity they grow that many male flowers, I see nanners all over but still, very nice and interesting. :yes:

Chmaka

To finish this diary here are few last words. :) I managed around 100 grams of dried buds from this grow. Both plants have great smell and tast, really mellow. High is bursting and overhelming, best I have ever smoked from same origin. That's because people who grow it for selling don't take enough care of their plants.

Hi Chmaka,
I just posted in your other/newest grow, and now I looked at this one and though I have some more to say after I saw the pics and read it - well first off I now see both your location and your growshop (un)availability. Its a poor thing when your country is so enclosed to "new stuff coming from the west" (to call it this stupid half-commie way) that you even don't have one single shop in the country that supports your hobby. Saw some Croation online shop thought, so a little hope shines right :joint: and then also I would advice you to look at the delivery services (if your not in problem with the money) - I think there should be companies (growshops) in Austria/Germany/Netherlands which would perhaps agree to send you growing stuff. Well, probably except for bigger things like big bags of earth or hydrosystems etc, I think they pretty much like to send everything they can including accesories and fertilizers. Talking about fert.'s, that was another thing I thought when I saw the fert pics- oh shit poor guy, he gotta use those commercial pelargonia flower please-dont-use'em-for-ganja fertilizers. But then I looked at the buds and hey I gotta tell ya, those are some really impressive buds for this kind of fertilizers (this however is probably caused by soil being such a good buffer - I mean, hydro with those ferts would be... oh shit :)
So its really a pity u can't buy yourself good ferts and everything else, cuz it seems that you could just get some very nice results, considering that you have nice results using a ghetto setup anyway. If you grow in soil anyway, you should also consider using some organic mixes - you can find plenty of info around here - and/or make organic teas - i'm sure you'll have no problem getting your hands on some chicken or other manure around Montenegro, and also all the other organic stuff that works. What I am saying is, it is pity to have the mother of organic growing - soil substrate and fert it with those low-end no good mineral (chemical) ferts. Get yourself, or, make yourself a good organic grow man, lol :rasta:

Last edited: