What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro Bloom Question

To any PBP users out there. The directions on the bottle say for best results feed every watering. Does anyone do this or do you feed a more potent mix every other watering? Thanks

G

IllEagle007 said:
To any PBP users out there. The directions on the bottle say for best results feed every watering. Does anyone do this or do you feed a more potent mix every other watering? Thanks
1st of all disregard those directions and only use them as a table to then dumb down. Feeding every watering esp that regiment is crazy talk by them. Unless u flush weekly then maybe but thats crazy talk to for the average home grower. I dont know if you have the money but I bought a truncheon meter to help measure the PPMs/EC. Cost 130 and is a great help. I dont measure by volume anymore but I can tell you that 10-15 mls bloom per gallon every other or 2 ferts then plain is plenty for larger sized plants and evern overkill for lighter feeders. I'd say for mid to large size start with 10ml gallon and up it if you see they can handle or want it. The 30ml dose is nuclear. I've used it for 5yrs or so and my gallery shows the results.

Well I have been feeding them 1 tablespoon per gallon every other watering and they seem to like it. They are also pretty big plants. I have a regular ph meter, is it really worth it go with the ppm feature?

HYDROJUNKIE

Ive been using it for a couple years now and I have never used more than 20ml per gallon on my biggest moms(4ft.)

ive been doing 10ml. per gallon of pbpb and 3ml.per gallon of cal-mag and have had no problems(except for my sour diesels that are so dang sensitive)
I flush with plain water every week or two(depending on how they look) to wash out the salts and correct the balance of nutes in the medium.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i fed most of my trees around 15ml/g every watering.
i would skip every 3rd watering.
pbp is pretty easy to use and hard to eff up.
you can go by feel w/ your doses.
i dont use a ppm meter,
you can get by w/out one if you pay attention ime

The dose that you figure out is very strain specific! Some strains can handle and want the high end of the dosing and other strains will want almost none at all. So to answer your question specifically would require more info on your part, strain, medium, enviroment, etc.

But i have noticed that with PBP, a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. I would go with what calyxlover has to say and go out and buy yourself an EC meter. Although the initial cost is kind of brutal, you will be very pleased with the reslults your plants show! Go check out Mandala's vendor thread on these forums and Mike from Mandala Seeds spells out in great detail and through good discussion why EC meters are important and why he feels the majority of gardeners are over feeding their plants.

My recomendation is to start with a great soil mix that doesn't require much, if any feeding at all. You can make a nice flower soil mix that can almost feed your plants through the whole flowering phase, with only small amounts of supplementation through the water. Really, that is the way mother nature intended for plants get their food through complex chemical reactions from the decomposition of matter.

Anyways, good luck and stay green! Sorry I was so long winded.

I use the PBP line for my mothers since they are in soil. What i have found is that you just use the label as a guideline, if you follow it exactly your plants will tell you to f-off. If you havent started using it yet, start out at 1/4 strength and work your way up to what your plants like. A simple method that i used before i got my ppm pen was to watch the tip of the fan leaf, once you get about 1/8 of it burned, back off a little and keep it right there. You will find that your plant will be close the label but not exact. This will allow you to have multiple strains while using the same nutes. Only problem is that you will have to make different nute solutions for each plant...just keep in mind, each plant has a mind of their own and will tell you when they had enough...love your plants just enough and they will love you back twice as much....

just my 2cents hope it helps

G

I dunno. The cost is only about 130 US for a nice EC/PPM meter. I pay that for a little over a 1/4 of fine herb if it comes to it. So to pay that to procure pounds of it is a no brainer. And I have net read the Mandala Mike article but after getting my meter i was shocked. A 30 ml dose in not so hard water is nuclear and if you add karma, calmag, anything with PPMs even the ADJ it will be even crazier. I was over ferting and now will be saving hug amounts of doh on fert and better yields. I already see the dif. So easy to carry the plants in full abundant health right to the end. Over ferting is a thing of the past for me now. Check run off levels one every other week and you'll never have probs.

Someone else said its strain specific and thats true for all strains and ferts. Exactly why AN's nute calc and others are ridic. Know ur strains and an easy to use (which they are) meter and VOILA! A good grower just looks at his ladie and know what they want. And if you dont there are plenty on here that do :headbange to help.

Also the fact that PBP is so forgiving really helps and hurts too. Organic nute can build up a little more b4 hurting so its a double edge sword. Yeah no bad burn right away unless you straight up pour it on them. But then it builds up to high levels later on in flower and thats the worse time for it to happen in mid bloom. If you dont have a meter then def flush every other week and follow soon after with another normal fert. B4 they dry out from the flush. I flushed my ladies a couple weeks ago and the final runoff was .9 EC so my next fert was at .8 EC to achieve a desired EC of ???????1.7 EC. Its easy math that really helps the grower with an assortment of probs.

I am a endorser of EC meters :wave: Good good investment. Makes ferting fun REALLY!

Well guys thanks for your replies. I was just curious to find out other growers opinions. I just bought a new tip for my ph pen so I will think about a ec meter next. I should probably pick up some Cal-Mag and see how that works.

CountryGardner

The first time I used PBP per directions resulted in a very slight nute burn. Strain Purple Kush and Mendo Purps. Reduced to 7 ml/gal with very good resluts. Would fertilize every other watering or would water twice and skip one. I would like to try an EC meter.

HYDROJUNKIE

Pure blend original is 100% organic and pure blend pro is hydro-organic.
10-20ml of pbp and 1-3ml of cal-mag have always had great results for me.
Ive never had to go above these numbers,...just tweak them a little depending on the strain.

Latest posts

Latest posts