What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An Old Soggin Cabinet. Perpetual Harvest.

p0rky

Hello All.

This was originally posted on CW long ago.. I took ideas from Tick and NGB to develop a nice combo.. Heres the stats.

over cab size: 2'x4'x6.5'
flower room: 2'x4'x4'
400w HPS air cooled. 50wpsf
mother/clone room: 1.5'x4'x2.5'
240w Fluoro ambient cooled. 40wpsf
Forced air brought in through pvc on back. through flower room. into mother room. through the fluro bulbs (cooling them) and out through the squirrel cage fan(250+cfm). 400w HPS air cooled by 2 inline duct fans.

The perpetual harvest involved 32 plants in flower at all times. Every week 4 clones would be taken from various mothers, the 4 clones taken the week before should be rooted and transplanted into 6" square pots. The pots that had been transplanted the week before would be placed into the flower room. And so on and so forth, 4 in a week, 4 out a week, 8 week cycle.

The strains in the pictures are mostly Dutch Passion Power Plant.. but a few Aussie Bush, Swt#3,C99 and other might be seen in the back. Heres some pics...

Last edited:

p0rky

The utility room: 0.5'x4'x2.5'

This room housed all the ballasts, the 400w HPS and the 3 Fluoro Ballasts. All ballasts were mounted on stacks of washers, elevating them away from the wood. The utility room was cooled by a pair of 120mm pc fans. The squirrel cage fan is also housed in the utility room and sucks from the mother room and blows out the back. I used a mix of warm and cool bulbs in the fluoro room. Heres some more pics.

p0rky

Heres some pics of the flower room after a good mylar session( and one of the fluoro room ). I also added switches to turn off the HPS or to turn off the entire box.

*edit* I will post more tomorrow.. I can only post so much says the forums..

Last edited:
G

That a sweet box u got there can't wait to see wat u got in it

K

kidkannabis

now thats the sh**. looks like a company made it.much kudos.

Siddartha

Make me one!!!

Lol, I may have to build something that is a lame attempt to copy this one day when I get more woodworking tools. I miss living in the sticks sometimes....

p0rky

Oaklandish:

Thanks!

sm0ka:

Thanks for stoppin in!

bonga:

Thanks! Soon..

pothead:

Thanks!

kid:

Thanks!

Sidd:

Thanks! Go for it!

J-roc:

Thanks!

doobie:

Thanks!

And now for some more pictures.

p0rky

sugabear:

Thanks!

And the last set of pics..

*edit* something is wrong with the uploading of pics.. i keep getting errors. Ill try again later...

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
p0rky:

How big are the cuts going in?

Coming out??

What kinda dry weight are you seeing off each pot, and for a total week harvest?

Looks like a great strategy and it's one I'm trying to dial in myself...

I'm running a 10 week cycle with 3 in/out a week...... in 4" pots/coco

Love to hear about it..... Great setup dude... :D

p0rky

Berry Coughin:

usually about 4-6" going in. if my memory is right they were comin out about 1.5 foot. I was ranging around 10+grams per stalk. So a little over a ounce a week. Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately I no longer have this cabinet... It was lost amongst other things a couple of years back. I thought I would post it here for everyone to check out. I had it running for almost 2 yrs, growing perpetually. If anyone else has questions let me know, ill try to answer them best I can. Thanks!

T

TheOneWill

I got a 400 watt hps but I'm afraid that it will get to hot if I put the cab in my closet. What are you exhaust it to?