What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to hash, though long time smoker, need some input

mudvaynefan

Hello hash investigators, ive a few questions for you, being new to not just the world of hash, but the world of medical cannabis products.

One club i frequent sells what they refer to as organically separated hash. Its bubble hash, but its not like the pics i see when im lurking around these forums. I bought a gram of bubble for 35$, and it did give me pain relief the likes of id not experianced till then. Good stuff.

It looked like brown sugar, very small, smaller than a bb size balls of hash, but not the solid chunks i see dried to around here. I want to know if 35 a g is a fair price for that grade.

Good, dont get me wrong, liked it alot, :headbange alot. I purchased what was called shivas crystals sometime later, was told to vape it for best results, but no vape just used lighter to barely get close to the hash on the bowl, let it melt, it was good, 40 a g. It was bubble, maybe a tad bit more refined. Still liked the hell out of it. :rasta:

I plan on sifting and pressing when ive the goods to do it, but till then, is this sounding like a fair trade? My club spouts off alot about compassion, but i wonder at some 1/4 105-110, :fsu: , .

I know the meds coming out of oakland cannabis co ops are better than here, and i assume the grade and selection of hash products will be better tenfold.

I liked the hash i did smoke, and want to get more along with the devices needed to glean medicinal properties from my hash.

Should i just wait and make a trip to oakland, or is this what is should be like, 35-40 a gram for brown loose bubble hash.

mudvaynefan

Im in northern california, US but a good distance from the bay area where all the good clubs are.

Ive yet to see any hash in 2 of the clubs ive been in that resembles anything here, save the brown sugar looking stuff.

It did a little melting thing, but not like that full melt stuff i see here, i just wonder if thats what they are charging me for, like the good stuff, but selling less than stellar grade.

Basically, if the people around here didn't have the means to make their own, and had to buy it, would they pay 40 a g for brown bubble hash,or is that a price for the blonder/lighter color hash.

cause id rather wait and make a trip to pay 40 a g for good blond bubble, than just get whats around my town.

G

clubs in the bay area charge anywhere from 35-100 a gram for bubble....

mudvaynefan

is it the same kind of bubble shown round these forums?

Like full melt? Ive never really had that, have been reading alot about it, want to try it , but i want to know what really good bubble hash is like, besides making it which i cant do right now.

Ill wait if its good enough make the drive to Oakland.

I guess id have to go thru the process of joining another club, them calling my doctor, and its a long drive. I guess i could just wait till i can make my own.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I vote for make your own and not depend on the clubs. The small investment for bags or a tumbler will pay for itself in no time.

J

Joe Budden

Chiefsmokingbud said:
I vote for make your own and not depend on the clubs. The small investment for bags or a tumbler will pay for itself in no time.

Yup far safer making your own, grow some bud and make some brilliant hash all the hash around here is pure crap, soap bar. A year ago it was going for 25 uk pounds for a half ounce $50 USD, but now it has went up to 50 uk pounds, unreal!!!

make your own

mudvaynefan

Ive got 4 bagseed indica dominat plants at about 20 days now, a little ph problems in the start, but fixed now, ff grow big, liquid karma, ph up/down.

I hear indicas make the best hash plants, I plan on using a few teks seen around here, 80 dollar bags is not a priority round here atm.

I hear you on making your own, buying is for the birds, but till I can, I want to try the hash at my clubs, but its all brown sugar, or this time it was a little kinda hard ball, pressed, not as good as the bubble that wasnt pressed, but it was 30 a g.

Light brown. Ive been told another club round here has good hash, so Ill check it out when I can, now that Ive got something to compare.

Maybe one of you guys can tell me something.

I watched a program called kief from the reef, or something like that. Some bald uk guy went to moroco, and documented teh hash making process.

It was cool, but they beat the hell out of some year old dried weed, over one screen, and pressed it. That makes bomb ass hash?

How come over here its all bubble bags and water hash, or dry sifting silk screen style, for fine grade?

If they make some of the best hash in the world, why do they just need one screen, and some sticks to beat some nasty looking dry weed to make it, not at all like the tek I see round these parts?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
No it doesn't make bomb ass hash, it makes better hash. Not more powerful but better.

You can get VERY strong hasish just beating very lightly, so just thc goes in the mesh.
If you beat hard also a small part of plant goes in, decreasing potency, but greatly increase taste.

If you are going to produce hash just do it the old way, buy a fine mesh, not too fine, and BEAT HARD the plants as seen in video.

You'll get VERY PLEASANT hash.
I mean: Not that the ice made hash isn't good. It's good. And strong.

But it's like pure alcool against old wine.

The wine can get you higher, simply because it's so tasty that it makes you want to smoke a lot.

Feel free to ask anything about hash, in my country weed is very rare, instead we are crowded with all forms of hash.

mudvaynefan

gramsci.antonio said:
No it doesn't make bomb ass hash, it makes better hash. Not more powerful but better.

You can get VERY strong hasish just beating very lightly, so just thc goes in the mesh.
If you beat hard also a small part of plant goes in, decreasing potency, but greatly increase taste.

If you are going to produce hash just do it the old way, buy a fine mesh, not too fine, and BEAT HARD the plants as seen in video.

You'll get VERY PLEASANT hash.
I mean: Not that the ice made hash isn't good. It's good. And strong.

But it's like pure alcool against old wine.

The wine can get you higher, simply because it's so tasty that it makes you want to smoke a lot.

Feel free to ask anything about hash, in my country weed is very rare, instead we are crowded with all forms of hash.

Pretty good analogy, I understand what you mean.

Every time I pick up hash from my med club, its different. This time, it was a pressed little ball, last time it was loose bubble, but a blonde grade. Before that, a darker, coarser grade, still all were good though.

I think that is interesting living in a hash not weed culture, different equipment used to smoke it, stronger high, easy to import?

I assume yours in imported from nearby country, or is production strong where you are? I would still love to have an opportunity to visit a country were hash has not been shoved underground so far its been forgotten.

Ill be hitting you up with questions in the future, as Im just getting into the world of hash.

Just picked up a glass piece for hash today, like a glass wand with a flat part at the end, you just cook it from underneath.

Great, now I out of hash, have to wait till tommorow to get more.

Oh, the waiting. You don't have any waiting though, how is your quality where you live?