What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB Connoisseur Cab

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Blueberry Grow

Today will be day one for the Blueberry clones in the flower room. They will be vegged for about 7 to 10 days before flowering if everything goes as planned.

Since the weather is getting colder I went ahead with the hydro system and set it up for the clones. My main concern is my res temps getting over 80. I might go ahead and buy a chiller by next summer so I can go hydro all year. I think I'll be okay for the next two grows.

Wish I could show some pics but they won't upload. Sorry, I'll post dried harvest pics and weight in a day or so.

Last edited:

Siddartha

Mmmmm, blueberry ::drools:: a rarity where I'm from.

Mind if I hang out? ::lights a spliff, sits down on the ground::

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I think it's time for an update on the blueberry grow.

I went ahead and filled my res with 6 gallons of 5.0 to 6.0 ph water. I use the little hydro drops, they aren't the most accurate but work just fine indeed.

This picture is of the mothers on Dec. 1 sitting with the hydro drops and sureness used for testing the ph.

After the res was filled and ready I went ahead and added the new clones to the swc bubbler.

The roots to the clones grew for a couple of weeks before being added to the system because I make sure that they have a very strong roots system not just because I don't want them to burn but because I am trying to avoid brown algae. If you've had it or have read my hole post you know its some serious stuff.

Last edited:

tripnoncid

Wow I am very impressed with your cab and yields. You run 2 150w? you think someone could get a 250w in there with the same setup as yours and still keep temps down?
trip

T

TheOneWill

Nice, I think I might go with a hydro grow for my next run. :) I think I might draw out those plans. I'll scan them later.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
tripnoncid said:
Wow I am very impressed with your cab and yields. You run 2 150w? you think someone could get a 250w in there with the same setup as yours and still keep temps down?
trip

Yes, I run 2 150s for a total of 300 watts. you could put a 250 in but I would rather have 300 watts with less heat and having two bulbs to spread the light more evenly.

Thanks for the complements.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
Nice, I think I might go with a hydro grow for my next run. :) I think I might draw out those plans. I'll scan them later.

How have you been? I really like hydro and yould recomend it to anyone growing in a small space. The container I use is a 7 gallon that I fill with 6 gallons.
Post those plans asap. I'de like to see them.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I have a couple of pics to keep everyone updated on the blueberry grow.

This pic is at 10 days vegging.

Check out the bad ass roots on these bad girls. Not bad for 10 days.

This pic is one of the fan leaves I cut off before I took the pic. I cut off about 8 of the large fan leaves so I could get more light to the tops that will grow along the screen.

T

TheOneWill

Would 8 inches wide be to small for a mother room?
The size of the growing area would be 3ft wide 2ft deep and 3 1/2 feet tall?
What watt hps should I use?

Y

YwouldntI

bro your cab/thread is off the hook! i like the design of ur whole setup i personaly have rooms but i love these cab grows much respect to all you cab/micro growers you guys r inventive and resourceful as hell.peace

tripnoncid

question for ya.....where did you get the hood from and could you take pictures of the underside? and maybe some pics of your current pvc light traps/air intake? I am pretty obsessive when it comes to planning builds like these. Did about 3 grows in a c22. Now I want to push it to the limit with either a 250hps or 2 150's like you.
thanks
trip

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
TheOneWill said:
Would 8 inches wide be to small for a mother room?
The size of the growing area would be 3ft wide 2ft deep and 3 1/2 feet tall?
What watt hps should I use?

:joint: No 8 inches is not to small for a mother room. New Ganja Boy held 3 mothers in his 8 x 15 x 15 mother chamber or something like that. Using HIDs in such a small space probably isn't the best idea. I would cut about 1 1/2 feet off your mother room box and buy some cheap cfls or florecents. My mother room is 2ft T, 1ft W, 2ft D. The florecents I have are 4 20 watt bulbs and they work great. :joint: I plan to hold 9 mothers total bonsi style in my cab when maxed out. And that doesen't count the three other net pots I'm going to use to grow out new seed is surch of new mothers.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
YwouldntI said:
bro your cab/thread is off the hook! i like the design of ur whole setup i personaly have rooms but i love these cab grows much respect to all you cab/micro growers you guys r inventive and resourceful as hell.peace

We all thank you for those kind words. Stop back in some time and share some bud shots. :joint:

T

TheOneWill

Connoisseur300 said:
:joint: No 8 inches is not to small for a mother room. New Ganja Boy held 3 mothers in his 8 x 15 x 15 mother chamber or something like that. Using HIDs in such a small space probably isn't the best idea. I would cut about 1 1/2 feet off your mother room box and buy some cheap cfls or florecents. My mother room is 2ft T, 1ft W, 2ft D. The florecents I have are 4 20 watt bulbs and they work great. :joint: I plan to hold 9 mothers total bonsi style in my cab when maxed out. And that doesen't count the three other net pots I'm going to use to grow out new seed is surch of new mothers.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=76303
I just have to draw it out.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
tripnoncid said:
question for ya.....where did you get the hood from and could you take pictures of the underside? and maybe some pics of your current pvc light traps/air intake? I am pretty obsessive when it comes to planning builds like these. Did about 3 grows in a c22. Now I want to push it to the limit with either a 250hps or 2 150's like you.
thanks
trip

thanks for stopping in. :rasta:

I made the hood out of roof flashing and rivets. I just used white paint to paint it. I have four L brackets holding the glass in place with a four inch flange for the ducking to connect to the hood. Their is also another four inch hole on the opposite side for air flow.
I also share your obsession with building my cab. and I ultimately went with 2 150s because I was going for light distribution not penetration. If you notice I scrog so there's no reason for more penetration through the canopy more than 10 inches.

these are the best pictures I have of the air intake and pvc light blocks. The light blocks are also incomplete in the pic. I didn't install two more 90 turns before I took the pic. If you notice I have four 2inch pvc. I'll try to get you some updated pics soon.

Last edited:
T

TheOneWill

So put a 150mh and a 150hps Or do I just put 2 150hps Or Just put a 250hps?