What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB Connoisseur Cab

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I wasn't getting very many replies in Grow Diaries so I moved my thread here ware it belongs more than likely anywase.

Let me tell you a little about my box, its basic design is like NGB stealth cab I just decided to upgrade on equipment and in turn had to modify the measurement of the box. That worked out well because I wanted to add a little more watts and I was able to fit another 150 in the cab. Now the inside dem. are 29 inches wide, 26 inches deep, and 40 inches tall. My mother room is 24 inches tall and 12 inches wide with 4 20 watt floros. Two of my bulbs are natural sunlight and the other two are aquarium plant bulbs for a total of 80 watts.

My ventalation is a 175 cfm vortex. The Vortex is one hell of a fan and moves alot of air. The air is the noisy part of the fan but I chose it because it was built to be ran 24/7 and that's a requirment for me seeing as it's the only way i'm going to control oder and ware I live it's one of the most important facters to consider. :joint:

I control oder with a DIY carbon filter that I learned to build on this fu**in bad ass site. I'll tell you all what, when I found the thread for this filter, it was a god send. I prayed for it. POW! their it was. :headbange

Here's a closer shot of the utility room

And a couple of other pics you might not be interested in

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
The hood was made from flashing and rivits and then painted white. It's holding 300 watts of HPS and a seven gallon hydro unit. Usually. I had a scare with some brown alge and transplanted back into soil only a week before I went from soil to hydro. So there was a major shock first time around that damaged and stunted their growth. Then thay were transplanted some more. So as you'll see with some of these pics they were pretty f**ked up.

The brown alge (slime)

After the soil transplant.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Now for my mother room I'm going to house a bubble cloner that can hold up to 16 clones and a mother bubbler unit that hold 6, 3 1/2 inch net pots. Three designated net pots will be homes to new mothers while the other three will be to veg out new seeds in search for new moms. I plan on trying to go bonsi big time with the mothers because i'm going to fit three strains in one net pot. Once full i'll be housing 9 mothers total.

The Strains that are currently residing in the cab are Blueberry(unknown), Kalimist(Serious Seeds), and Dreamweaver x God Bud (Freebies). Best freebies i've ever had.

here is my blueberry mom

here's a pic of my newly rooted DW X GB mom when first put into the hydro unit. The plant in the red cup is my last Kali mist clone that I have to save.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
In my flower room I have up to three clones in at once under a scrog screen. Under the screen right now is Dreamweaver X God Bud at day 24 flower.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Buds are starting to fill out and stretching is also slowing. Tricrome production is just now starting.

spacecadet

nice work man glad to see a fellow NGB user here

heres my box and my chem? x c-99 are bout ready for harvest starting the flush today

Last edited:

1toke

Love the style of box you have chosen. Its the first one I've seen completely self contained and organized...

hope you dont mind me asking acouple of questions..I think this may be a box I build sometime in the future. Does your carbscrubber mount directly on your fan? Im about to set out on a search for this NGB cab diy..but if you know of one could you point me in the direction? also..what is the meter you have directly above your 6strip outlet? looks good man..

you wouldnt happen to have any pictures of it closed up would you?

Great thread man, and clean cab.. I'll be sure to stop back by!
1toke

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
spacecadet said:
nice work man glad to see a fellow NGB user here

heres my box and my chem? x c-99 are bout ready for harvest starting the flush today

Thanks for the props. Your cab is sweet also. What's your average yield in your box?? I love the design of these cabs because of the efficeincy and self containment.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
1toke said:
Love the style of box you have chosen. Its the first one I've seen completely self contained and organized...

hope you dont mind me asking acouple of questions..I think this may be a box I build sometime in the future. Does your carbscrubber mount directly on your fan? Im about to set out on a search for this NGB cab diy..but if you know of one could you point me in the direction? also..what is the meter you have directly above your 6strip outlet? looks good man..

you wouldnt happen to have any pictures of it closed up would you?

Great thread man, and clean cab.. I'll be sure to stop back by!
1toke

The day I seen NGB cab. on OG I went ape shit. Had to have it even if it was 20 years from now. I finally had the money, space and place to finally do it the way I wanted it. It had to be organized and thought through because safety is first priority when cramming everything in such tight spots with a lote of hot metal and plastic. I made shure nothing is touching ballests or ballast parts. Safty is another reason for purchasing a fan you can trust because if it goes out when out of town or not home for whatever reason there is a good chance of things melting and catching fire.

Please feel free to ask any questions. That goes for everyone.

Yes my carbon filter does fit directly to the fan with 4 inch ducting and 4 inch hose clamps. Here is a couple of pics with the filter hooked up to the fan.

Last edited:
G

nice and clean setup. Im thinking of gettin one of these goin once i have cash after my current project. thatn space always seems to work out so well. a nice steady 6-8 ounces every 3 months is my guess for the avg yield. how far off am i?? :rasta:

anyway, keep growin safe!

spacecadet

Connoisseur300 said:
Thanks for the props. Your cab is sweet also. What's your average yield in your box?? I love the design of these cabs because of the efficeincy and self containment.
hey man i been pulling a 200 grams each harvest but this tun my yield loks a lot lower and not sure why only thing different is i trained then under the wire for 4 weeks instead of two because of the last few runs they been out growing the cab but we see here in a week check the tric today and i got a few abmer now so i cleaned out the rez and refiled with ph adj tab water and fixing to chop nov 1 and after this run i am shutting it down again for a few mods to the intake system one thing i have learn with this cab the intake needs improving as well as lighting my single bulb just don't seem to be doing a good job so i am all so thinking of installing anouter 150 and make em cool tubes my home made hood was not cutting it as it didn't spread the light out where it was needed so thinking 2 150 should work out well other than may be having a heat problem but with the intake mod that should fix any heat issuse

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
sorry for the pause. I forgot to load my pics and my comp is slow.

and here thay are....

Normal carbon from wally-world. NOTE: do not buy the fresh water carbon.

1Toke you were asking about the black box above my main power strip. It's not a meter but my fan controller for the vortex. My main purpose for it is to help control the environment and stelth mode. The fan is really so loud that the only stelth mode good enough for my better half is to unplug the hole thing.
Here is the pics you asked for also.

A couple shots from underneath the filter and a look at the power strip and timer setup.

Red Eye

Hey where did you buy that activated charcoal? How much was it?

Really nice cab you got goin on there. Almost wish i had made a cab of my own. Instead i have Hydrohut deluxe, 4x8x7, which is freakin HUGE. I have the space but its not stealthy at all and needs its own room. Its a tradeoff, thats working for now anyways.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
irishSoCo said:
nice and clean setup. Im thinking of gettin one of these goin once i have cash after my current project. thatn space always seems to work out so well. a nice steady 6-8 ounces every 3 months is my guess for the avg yield. how far off am i?? :rasta:

anyway, keep growin safe!

This is my first time with an area this small and scroging a plant i've only grown one time and didn't scrog it. My goal is to have 8 oz but I think this time I will get about 6oz hopefully 7. and yes it yould be about every 3 months.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
spacecadet said:
hey man i been pulling a 200 grams each harvest but this tun my yield loks a lot lower and not sure why only thing different is i trained then under the wire for 4 weeks instead of two because of the last few runs they been out growing the cab but we see here in a week check the tric today and i got a few abmer now so i cleaned out the rez and refiled with ph adj tab water and fixing to chop nov 1 and after this run i am shutting it down again for a few mods to the intake system one thing i have learn with this cab the intake needs improving as well as lighting my single bulb just don't seem to be doing a good job so i am all so thinking of installing anouter 150 and make em cool tubes my home made hood was not cutting it as it didn't spread the light out where it was needed so thinking 2 150 should work out well other than may be having a heat problem but with the intake mod that should fix any heat issuse

200g off this box would make me happy. Yes I have read many comment about how the cab. needed something done and it was kinda obvious to me that it needed atleast two two in pvc instead of one.
My vortex hase a four inch exaust so rule of thumb is 8 inches of intake. Thats why I have four two inch pvc. No heat issus . 6 above ambient.

Latest posts

Latest posts