What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filet Mignon w/ Marsala Mushroom Sauce.{[[with weed]]}

I made some pot butter the other day.

I was trying to figure out a way to use it in something besides brownies, so I decided to use the butter in a roux to thicken a sauce.
So I sauted some mushroom trimmings, shallots and garlic in a small pan then I simmered them with veal stock till about 14oz reduced down to to come halfway up the pan.

I seared the steak on all sides and set aside in a dish, then I deglazed the pan with marsala wine, then added the wine to the simmering veal stock, then added enough roux (equal parts fat and flour by weight, in this case, pot butter) to thicken the sauce, depending on how thick you want it, .5-3oz of pot butter and flour each. you could use a white,blonde, or brown roux, I used white.

whisked it in, then let it simmer, strained it out to remove mushroom trimmings, shallots and garlic, return to pan on heat. add some sauted mushrooms (saute mushrooms at some point) add more veal stock to make up for reduction, add a bit of heavy cream and season w/ salt and pepper, put the steak back in pan to reheat a bit. put steak on plate, pour sauce on steak, and serve....

Im pretty high right now, so sorry if it isn't all straight.

Anybody else use pot-oils this way?

Ive heard you can infuse THC into any lipid, like olive oils, vegtable oils etc. and even milk and creams.
Is this true?

Last edited:
G

You made my stomach grumble! Nice recipe. How's the high? Oh yeah, i've heard the same thing. Olive oil is one I've been pondering.

Last edited:
I was smoking while cooking, and right after eating, and I forgot to add that I made some chocolate fudge out of a box that used butter.

The flavor was nice tho, after tasting the meat, then the sauce, there was a slightly nutty aftertaste, from the mids used in the butter process