What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easy Hash Making Methods

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
sorry im a newb to the hash game. i havent really found a thread while searching that really goes over all the methods. i got a grocery bag full of clippings minus fan leaves and stems. i cant really afford to make a tumbler but do have some 190 micron painters screen. any help would be appreciated. thanx :wave:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
wow ok....can someone at least provide a link to a thread that explains some methods? i feel like the hash pariah here.

G

everyone else is probably more concentrated on their bowls.

now I prefer dry sift, but I don't think that will work too well for just sugar leaves. you might want to try an extraction with ISO, or butane or the like. and there is always a water extraction, E.G. bubble bags, or a soak. search for which kind you want to try on the search bar, and you're guarenteed to find something.

search for QWISO, this is a good simple oil method, or you could go BHO (oil)

The screen would work, but ideally not the right size

another thing to look up is waterhash, something about the trichomes floating to the bottom, then siphoning off the top water, then drying out the hash.. never done it personally

good luck, once you see what you can make from your trim, you'll be estatic!

dozer

If you have a 190u screen you can make water hash easy. Just mix your (frozen) weed with ice and water in a bucket. Mix it 5 to 15 minutes with an electric mixer on low (more mixing = more quantity = less quality). Let it rest for 10 minutes so the weed and ice float to the surface and take out the weed and ice with a strainer. Then pour the water through your 190u screen into another bucket. Now the ideal would be to pour this water+resin through a 25u screen and then colect the resin from the screen but if you don't have a 25u screen you can let it settle for 30 minutes or so and then siffon out most of the water without disturbing the resin that settled on the bottom of the bucket. Siffon out as much water as you can and let the rest evaporate. As the water evaporates you'll be able to harvest your resin from the bucket. Put it to dry on cardboard and dry it well.

This isn't the best way to do it nor it will make the best bubble but it works and it is inexpensive.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
allow your fine manicure with trichromes on them to properly dry 1-2 wks is good enough. now freeze the leaf matter for approx 2 hrs now you'll need 1 of these from your local art supply store cost approx 12$ http://www.dickblick.com/zz434/29/

these are silk screen printing screens 120 or 125 holes per sqin, works fantastic.

methods for extracting place some frozen leaf matter on screen which i place over a mirror and gently shake or use a card to gently scrape around the screen.when i'm done shakeing i use a razor blade to get the keif hash off the mirror.then i'll place material in corner of baggie twist like crazy compacting the keif the whole time then i plop the rolled baggie of keif in freezer 10-15 min's and BAM rock hard hash balls

i can shake my sugar shack several times and get between 3/4-1 gram each timethats from approx 1 oz of fine shake

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Pirate138 said:
thanx guys, i really like your method major. mos def gona use it! soon
n/p a friend of mine G i'll call him turned me onto this way also thats his screen in the pic above lol i know have my own. unless i had a few lb's of trim this is how i would do it but for a few lb's of trim i might make something like this. oops i have to convert Buttes keif tumbler DYI directions saved from overgrow i thought it was here at icmag but cant find it. i have it saved to MS word doc lol pics and all i'll do this tomarrow unless some1 here can find it

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
depends on the oil content of the material and your preferences. middle eastern way of smoking pressed hash was traditionally under a glass on a pin, sometimes pipes with or without screens were utilized as well. otherwise, you can leave it powdered and sprinkle it in joints/blunts. perhaps even a pure hash snake and sidestream smoking would be fun. pressing hash changes the flavor, and also creates slower and more even burning ember.. slower release of smoke for a longer period of time vs unpressed resin.