What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rough lime green leaves Vs. Slick Green shiny glassy leaves

G

I have four DP Mazar females. One of them has always been very slick and shiny . Shiny like glass. That one just looks healthier. The other three have very rough course dull leaves.

They had Nitrogen toxicity and PH problems in the past but now they are better.
Perfect PH. The top of the soil is a 6.5 and so is the runoff. Every watering for the past 3 weeks has been adjusted to 6.5.

Could the shiny one just be a particular pheno or is this a nutrient problem?
I think I have a problem because the leaves are so damn rough.

Oh yeah and there were some signs of heat/burn stress a few days ago. I moved the lamp.

I want shiny happy plants!!!

I have seen the glossy/dark green shiny leaves as a result of being N toxic. Happens alot to plants growing in Miracle grow when the time release ferts start to overdo it. N is mobile, though, so maybe when some of that N comes out of it or gets used up it might lose that glossy texture? Mine never did lose it though, and it was N toxic right up to harvest even though I didnt feed it a drop- thats miracle grow for you.

G

extinctx11 said:
I have seen the glossy/dark green shiny leaves as a result of being N toxic. Happens alot to plants growing in Miracle grow when the time release ferts start to overdo it. N is mobile, though, so maybe when some of that N comes out of it or gets used up it might lose that glossy texture? Mine never did lose it though, and it was N toxic right up to harvest even though I didnt feed it a drop- thats miracle grow for you.
Yup, Im growing in MG and I flushed like hell!

I dont know about ROUGH per se, ROUGH is sometimes a result of humidity being low, or the plant lacking water, I have read... do you mean "wilted" as in a texture of overlapping droopiness? When you answer the question, I will put my next response here, so I dont make a new post in your thread again.

SOmething like this?

Well Im not expert, but I read that the "shiny" of the leaves has something to do with the uptake of Silica by the plant, and a rough texture can be the result of low humidity, I have also read. Without pictures I dont think you will ever get the right advice, these are after all living things and every one of them is different.

That picture is a PPP, the wilted crappy leaves are 1 of 2 tops (after topping) it never recovered. The other top kept growing, big and flowering fine... but that top (pictured) stopped growing, continues to look wilted and every growth tip coming off that top is also looking the same way. It might have to do with the root being damaged after a transplate, since it was transplanted right when it was topped, It hasnt gotten fixed yet so I still havnt pinpointed it yet, however its the only picture I had of wilted leaves.

Last edited:
Z

Ziggaro

extinctx11 said:
I dont know about ROUGH per se, ROUGH is sometimes a result of humidity being low, or the plant lacking water, I have read... do you mean "wilted" as in a texture of overlapping droopiness? When you answer the question, I will put my next response here, so I dont make a new post in your thread again.

SOmething like this?

what is that anyway?

Latest posts

Latest posts