What's new

Fish Tank!

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
Let's see your aquariums!

Freshwater, Brackish, Saltwater, whatever! I have a freshwater right now, with minimal fish. I'm looking to do a small saltwater coral tank, and am looking for inspiration. What kinds of fish are in your tank? Does anyone breed fish? How big is it? What are your plans for it?

Template:

Tank size: gallons/liters
Tank type: fresh/brackish/salt
Fish: various fish/snails/squid/coral/plants
Plans: future plans for your fish/tank

I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow and fill out a form, too :)

ArcticBlast

G

I tried to start this same thread a while back

Tank size: 37 gallons
Tank type: salty cube
Fish: various fish/snails/no squid/coral/algae/crabs all that shit
Plans: more gallons bwahahaha

Last edited:

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Here's mine

Here's mine

Hey guys, awesome tanks :headbange

I took some pics tonight, but it was dark, so they arent that great. Here's the best i've got:

Tank size: 10 gallons
Tank type: fresh water (with a little salt)
Fish: 2 columbian catfish, 2 paradise gouramis, a one pleco
Plans: Upgrade to at least a 35 gallon tank, get real aquatic plants, and a couple of snails and shrimp and another pleco

Post more if you have more? Well, its time to go smoke one with my fish :joint:

ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast

Veteran
thats a sight for sore eyes ...

You're going to have a fun time :)

It counts!

ArcticBlast

Aestivus

This is the last thing I had in a "fish tank" Crotalus viridis helleri or the Southern Pacific Rattlesnake... this is not my pic or my snake but virtually identical. Had to move him from a neighbors home back to the foothills.

cohellerijuvla5062.jpg

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
down to two tanks..................

down to two tanks..................

Salt water ......fish only (right now)but would like to go with a reef/live rock , but need to update lighting, but the tank is 20 yrs old and needs to be replaced (befor it leaks) , so when I get the new tank (150 gal) I'll invest in some proper lighting.. I cant wait.......just need about 1200 bucks to do it right.....

my fresh water............. 20 gal.
with live plants and gourami's (sp)

Last edited:
G

Do you supplement with co2 with your live plants? I've always had trouble and I suspect I had too much surface agitation coupled with lack of supplementation.

To shroom guy (yea that shit counts double) are there places you can recommend for spores, or is it just a matter of tracking down some product and collecting?

ArcticBlast

Veteran
That snake is beautiful! But i'm incredibly freaked out by it, too!

Those shrooms are pretty too, and i'll have to agree, shroomery is a great place to go!
everyone wants to be your friend about a month after you get a package from them, its weird!

ArcticBlast

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
sgt.stedanko said:
Do you supplement with co2 with your live plants? I've always had trouble and I suspect I had too much surface agitation coupled with lack of supplementation.

To shroom guy (yea that shit counts double) are there places you can recommend for spores, or is it just a matter of tracking down some product and collecting?

no co2, actually these are the only plants Ive ever gotten to grow (in the tank) I bought some bulbs from petco and a month later I had plants.. :jump: I'm gonna fet a new fish tonight maybe..

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Who likes ghost shrimp?

I bought them a couple of years ago as food for my little guys, and some survived. They are some cool little animals, all see-through and whatnot. And they keep your tank fantastically clean...

ArcticBlast

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
my new fish

my new fish

found this royal grammma at the pet shop.. hes a little larger than most Ive seen at the stores, he's holdin his own with the blue devil , but he(blue devil) picks on all the new fish...

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Those are some colorful fish!
My gouramis are all neon and stuff, but nothing like that!

More tanks/pics?

ArcticBlast

G

That is a very interesting combo you've got going there cough_cough_eer.

Any epic battles so far?

Yarkand

Very cool thread indeed :headbange

Was thinking of getting myself a fish tank with fishies in the near future : )

nice pics all

:wave:

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Nice thread.
I need to upload some pictures from a few friends tanks'. One buddy has a Dwarf Caiman, very cool little guy. Another guy has had some damn cool fish, including about 4 or 5 Lion fish, an Angler fish and at least one shark.

I'll try to get some pictures up after work.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to have a fantail goldfish, he died a few days ago. Not really sure what went wrong, fed him a half a dozen pellets a morning, changed the water every couple of weeks (baby biorb 15L) and then he just died :(

No sign of any fin rot or anything, I had him for 8 months :badday:

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
I used to have an octopus aquarium....and have recently been wanting to get one going again.

They take some time to set up:
-tank has to condition for about 6 months first
-lid should be welded on (cephs are very strong escape artists)
-they don't live long ....usually less than a year...and it's difficult to age one (so you could possibly end up getting one that is already older.
-they need their own tank
-some species are poisonous (esp. "blue ring" which is what I had) for some reason the blue ring seem to be the easiest to aquire
-you need tons of extra filtration in the tank in case they Ink (they can kill themselves if the ink in a tank w/out good filtration)

check out www.tonmo.com if your at all interested in keeping a pet octopus

they are still really awesome stoner pets tho:
pic2_thumb.jpg

Last edited: