What's new

Alegria

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Hi everyone :wave:

This time around i decided to try something new.

picked up some seeds from the dampkring grow shop in Amsterdam this summer.
Strain is Alegria from Kiwi seeds. A 75% indica and 25% sativa that originates from sunny spain!! One of the best tasting strains i have ever smoked, and strong too :bashhead: .

My setup is a plywood cab mesuring 90 x 90 x 160 cm. 400w hps, digital ballast, All-Mix soil and canna nutes.

Plants are about 28 days from seed and are getting a light dose of canna vega, cannazym and rizotonic. There is a single Kali Haze in the batch that i will bloom with the alegria if it turns out to be a female.

And my new toy!!! GIB digital ballast (both for HPS and MH :headbange )

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Thanks dope!! No i hadn´t given that a thought as i am currently using a Hps bulb with increased blue in the spectrum, and also there is not much left of veg.(>3 weeks).

On the other hand i have always wanted a MH for veg but thought it was a little expensive to buy a new ballast but hey!!! Now i dont so i just might...... What do you think?

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi ICETOKER,

nice healthy plants you've got! never heard of the strain but some spanish are really killer ^^
IMO, you don't need to spend money for an mh if you've got some hps grolux or HPS X, and you let short veg period ( <1month)
If you plan to have a lots of crops in the future, than mh would be great, because you ll have to buy new bulbs any way....

All the best

dope_roor

oh well the increased blue spectrum should definitely help, but as titoon said, if you're gonna be growing for awhile it may be worth picking up a MH and increasing the life of both bulbs

good luck! :joint:

J-Roc

ICETOKER MAN!
look at those leaves!
most amazing.
your gonna have some beasts there!

K+

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
At last i manage to snap a couple of shots with a dirty lens(the youngest son has greasy fingers..lol) of the girls @ day 3 of flower. Notice the small one in the near left corner, i did repot her 4 days later than the other 3.

Smell is getting strong now. Those alegrias sure do stink bad. The kali haze ( which i doubt has that much haze in it) doesen´t smell half as strong but is a nice plant though. As i let them veg a little longer it is going to get a little cramped in the little cab i think. oh and i got a feeling that this will be my biggest harvest yet...........what do you think?

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
sorry for the low quality pics but i finally recharged the battery from my digi and managed to take a few shots.

Plants are happy and they are starting to take off. first week of flower.

:wave:

Last edited:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Beautiful! Very healthy and lush plants you got there. Interesting strain too! Looking forward to seeing them budding up!

:wave:

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Thanks quiet Riot. Its a quite intresting strain i think, at least it tasted heavenly in Amsterdam this summer. It was the best one i had the whole trip and i had alot (over 50 strains..lol). They are very uniform and i have not seen much variation between the plants. Great work from the boys at Kiwi seeds.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi
icetoker looking good

i also thought alegria was very good

been looking for a grow report

i think yours is the first

il be checking in

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Thanks :wave: Yes all those plants are topped between 4 and 6 node and tyed down as needed. They have been 2 weeks now in flower and things are looking good. Little stretch and lush budding. I am a little amazed how little the Kali haze has stretched but its not over yet :muahaha:

Snapped some pics this morning after feeding them.( canna flores, cannazym, rhizotonic and a little cannaboost :headbange )

The kali Haze:

Alegria:

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
I thought it would be cool to show the plants from two viewpoints. One from the side and one from the top.

Alegria #1

Alegria#2

Alegria#3

Any guesses on who will yield the most?