What's new

Homeade SWC tub

J-Roc

dude i seriously want to learn to build/operate one of these.

my next serious growing related project has to be a hydro micro

Vermonster

i need more explanation SWC? shallow water cultivation? those green things are like air stones right? is this cloning or full out growing? Please tell more as I can't fully understand with just dem photos. Thanks

icough2getoff

what's up strain searcher. I'm pretty sure I just did a grow with two of those same tubs. They worked great. I also used the same bubble wands, except I just had one per tub. I think I even used the same kind of textured black spray paint for plastic to lightproof it. If you ever run into any res temp problems, just cut a small hole on one end for a pc fan and another hole somewhere for the air to escape, it would drop my temps about 6-7°F. I'm sure you've got all that stuff figured out though.

Last edited:
S

strain_searcher

I got rid of the polly because the gorilla glue didnt stick very well and I didnt want water to escape in between panda plastic and cover. I use all foil tape on top. IC2D your setup looks amazing and hopefully will do as well as yours. Thanks for the cooling tips as well. I think the Foil tape will also reflect some of that heat.

G

SWC is just like DWC but less height on the bubbler tub. It's for more of a space issue as far as i know. The set up above seems like the shallow tub and two large air stones means there should be ALOT of air in a little bit of water. It will need alot more watching as the less volume of water you have the more fine tunning needs to be done to the water and nute levels more often.

Looks damn good

Latest posts

Latest posts