What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to build a light box for shooting buds.

M0nkey

Wioth a few simple iteams u can buy fomr walmart or b+q and of a cost of 20£ u to could have a perfect box to shoot buds in with out having to use a flash..;)

box834.JPG

box836.JPG

box839.JPG

box842.JPG

i bought mine from ebay

26351DSC_00030001.JPG

M0nkey

test pics

test pics

u can use any colour backgrownd but for the min im using white..il shot some buds in a bit.

Please note - i have set custom white ballace and done a few things in cs2 photo shop to make the backgrownd more white..wopwopwop im on 50 post i can read my pms now..:)

26351done-2.jpg

263516678.jpg

Last edited:

M0nkey

i have 2 slrs but for this i used

nikon d50 with custom white balance
sigma 50mm macro lens
fstop 16
shutter speed 125
iso 200

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Great stuff. Nice and simple design, and such easy lighting effects can produce great pictures.

M0nkey

floppyfundanglr said:
now its time for some plants in that baby
u would need a bigger box and much bigger lights..;) i use 2x500watts on the small one..u would need 2x1000 for bigger one.

G

Monkey should really be a pro for a magazine or something, along with being a very skilled grower, mis those grow shows!!! :joint:

M0nkey

rember u have to set white balance then do 1 or 2 things in photo shop to make the backgrownd white..go to your art shop get a few couloured backgrownds..black-white and another one..your have lots of fun..:)

G

Neat trick. Easy setup too... Would 2x 150W MH security lights do the job for lighting?

Very nice DIY lightbox! I need to remember this thread, I've just ordered a Nikon D80 kit and plan on lots of macro shooting when it arrives.

Cheers
GG